Main Menu

Shopko

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Jacksonville, IL sign

ameskmart1

Springfield, IL sign

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

ShopKo Express Pharmacy

ameskmart1

ShopKo Express Business Center

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

d_fife

what kind of a chain is ShopKO? is it a regional discount store. I know that the era of the regionals are gone because Ames, Bradlees, CAldor, Rich's, Stuart's and Kings are gone and now long gone.

ameskmart1

It's a discount chain and it's only in small cities across the west

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

As of 2007 ShopKo no longer runs Pamida but is still part of ShopKo's parent company
http://www.retail-merchandiser.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13711&Itemid=0

HoJofan206

Nice looking store.

HoJofan206

Aerial view of a newer Shopko

Brenton81

That arial photo is of store 176 in Peoria, IL.  It closed earlier this year.

HoJofan206

At one time we had two Shopko locations in Evansville Indiana. They were both housed in former Woolco buildings.
They had decent items, but the stores never had a fighting chance with competition from Wal Mart and Target.  All four of our K Marts has shut down as well.  :no:

Brenton81

They're building a new store in Sumaco, WI and some in the Milwaukee area pretty soon.  The stores ShopKo opened in Illinois and Indiana never did too well.  No one was familiar with the ShopKo name.  176 in Peoria was a really nice store, built from the ground up.  It's a shame it closed.

thedisneystore967

Shopko has a new logo as of 2007.
Picture below.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

The Shopko prototype store in Suamico, Wisconsin.

Shopko, the Green Bay, Wisconsin-based discounter has been opening new upscale prototype stores recently.
They are located in:
Suamico, Wisconsin
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Sussex, Wisconsin
North Branch, Minnesota

How Shopko Got its Soul Back

ShopKo is on opening track again.

Feminine Style: Chute Gerdeman's Shopko design is fashion-forward, female-friendly

A photo of the new look (click here)

VIDEO: Enthusiasm abounds as Shopko opens doors in North Branch

I've been to the new ShopKo prototype store in Suamico, Wisconsin, and I was amazed by how upscale it was. It was like a Target crossed with a Kohl's. I especially like the way it was set up.

Chute Gerdeman Retail - the firm responsible for Shopko's new style.

Don't be afraid to discuss this topic.

CTAmeshopper

that looks very nice but the image is very big.

videogamer75

Never been to a ShopKo but I wouldnt mind visiting one. By the way I joined your Kmart group on Flickr and submitted some photos (i'm Nintendo85) :)

Zayre88

Nice, but please follow board rules:

Quote3. Please, no image attachments over 640x480 res, anything higher downsize, post a link, or send on over to one of the admins.

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Nice, but please follow board rules:

Quote3. Please, no image attachments over 640x480 res, anything higher downsize, post a link, or send on over to one of the admins.

Fixed.

QuoteOriginally posted by CTAmeshopper
that looks very nice but the image is very big.

I fixed the image problem.