Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center Waterbury

Started by Marc82, July 30, 2009, 09:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

I went to the Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center in Waterbury today. It's the big shopping plaza they built where The Naugatuck Valley Mall used to stand. There were 3 vacancies in one strip of stores in the plaza I know one was The Rag Shop and one was Linen's N Things, but I can't figure out what the third store used to be. The 2 vacant stores are next to one another and are in-between Staples and Stop & Shop. The one right next to Stapes is gonna be a Halloween Store called The Perfect Party. And the Linen's N Things is the same discount book store that's in the former LNT in Plainville.  In the other part of the plaza there's also a former Lazy Boy Funriture Store.

There's alot of other stores in the plaza as well.

ynkeesfn82

I don't know if all their stores or just Waterbury, but The Perfect Party is selling their Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center location to Party City. Went to the Bob's in the same plaza and saw as I was driving past The Perfect Party a sign in their window "Coming Soon Party City. Visit us as 760 Queen Street Southington and 1248 S. Broad Street Wallingford."

giantsfan2016

DDR ended up as owner of this plaza again. I think they merged with the company that bought it.

This happens in other fields too. A few years ago Beasley Media sold 92.5 and 96.5 in Philly to CBS leaving them with a small 2 small AM stations plus an FM in Wilimington, DE. The Beasley re-entered the Philly market as they bought out a company called Greater Media. They also bought 610 from CBS.

Brammy

New owners bought this plaza from DDR again. Ashley Furniture opened at outlet store in this plaza.
The Real Brammy