Main Menu

Oxford, Maine

Started by ICEMAN564788, July 22, 2009, 10:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICEMAN564788

SO, over the past couple of years, every time I went to get Chinese food at Ocean Pearl, I have walked by the Ames building remembering what it was like running through it in my adolescent days.  Then, Dollar Tree came and took up shop in the right-hand side of the store.  I still had the left-hand side to reminisce with.  Recently, What was left of the Ames image has been changed to fit a new occupant.  Ocean State Job Lot will be opening it's doors in the remaining section of this building in the following weeks.  Many good memories in this store I will never forget :).

ICE
Norway, Maine

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by ICEMAN564788
SO, over the past couple of years, every time I went to get Chinese food at Ocean Pearl, I have walked by the Ames building remembering what it was like running through it in my adolescent days.  Then, Dollar Tree came and took up shop in the right-hand side of the store.  I still had the left-hand side to reminisce with.  Recently, What was left of the Ames image has been changed to fit a new occupant.  Ocean State Job Lot will be opening it's doors in the remaining section of this building in the following weeks.  Many good memories in this store I will never forget :).

ICE
Norway, Maine

Cool. Welcome to the boards. While many of us on these forums don't like it when the old AMES either get occupied or torn down, the community is better for it. Empty buildings bring trouble. Homeless people staying int hem for shelters, starting fires to keep warm, people selling drugs or doing other illegal activies in them.

kendra

The Ames (also former Rich's and before that Woolco) here in Bangor also has met a similar fate, being parceled into three retailers: the aforementioned OSJL and Dollar Tree, as well as a Marshalls on the right-hand side.