Some more!

Started by KmartDanny09, June 14, 2009, 10:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KmartDanny09

- Customers that you ask to help them while carrying heavy merchandise, especially when it obvious that you struggling with it

- Customers that ask the location the restrooms, even though there is a giant blue sign that says "Restrooms" located above the doors

-Customers that ask where electronics is, even though there THREE giant "Electronics" signs and "Electronics" written on the wall

- Customers ask if the KCafe is still open, even though the sign has been taken down and there is a wall of boy's underwear where the entrance used to be

- Customers ask that we honor a week-old advertisement because "I swear! It was in this morning's paper!"

- Customers that don't take the time to read coupons and sale signs and get the fine print wrong. "Hey, its not my fault it expired yesterday!

- Customers that claim I'm racist for making a general security announcement (Security, please scan zone 6)... and they're white... and I'm white too.

- Customers that call at 9:59 looking for something (the store closes at 10pm)

-Customers that call at 10:59 asking if we're open 24 hours (we have never been open 24 hours) (we leave at 11)

- Customers that call looking for detailed run-downs on what is on sale (yea, I need to know ALL of the videos on special this week)

- Customers that keep on the phone for 20 minutes while they tell you the story on why they need a window air-conditioner in the winter time (My grandma...)

- Old ladies that hold up your check-out lane while they look for a single penny, so they don't get pennies back in change

- Old ladies that hold up your check-out lane while they clean out their purse

- People that make a scene when the EAS alarm goes off (I swear man, I didn't shove anything down my pants!)

- Customers calling in, wanting to place a cake order and then get mad that we don't have a bakery

- Customers that ask when the "going out of business" sales are starting

- Customers that don't bother looking on there own

- Customers that assume we are "tech" support service and can walk them through the digital television converison

- Customers that get upset over the return policy (well, if you bothered to keep your receipt and read the back of it, you would have seen that you need it to return stuff)

got any more? ADD THEM!

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by KmartDanny09
- Customers that claim I'm racist for making a general security announcement (Security, please scan zone 6)... and they're white... and I'm white too.
That's odd. Anyway when I worked at Price Chopper we had pre-recorded Phantom Security Announcents.

Quote- Customers that call looking for detailed run-downs on what is on sale (yea, I need to know ALL of the videos on special this week)
Once when I was working the all-night shift at Price Chopper I got a phone call asking me to tell them all the different types of toilet paper that was going to be on sale when the new sale started later that morning. - I was so pissed off.  I mean it was 230AM. I couldn't get any sleep during the day, so I was dead tired. Plus I was stoned.

Quote- Old ladies that hold up your check-out lane while they look for a single penny, so they don't get pennies back in change.
Happens everyday at Walmart. And it's not just old ladies too. Younger ones do it too. I just want to say "Just give me another effing dollar".

Quote- People that make a scene when the EAS alarm goes off (I swear man, I didn't shove anything down my pants!)
Most of the customers at my Walmart are pretty understanding. Most know that sometimes a cashier forgets to deactivate the EAS tag. Though some wonder how come the EAS Alarm goes off when they walk inside the store.

Quote- Customers calling in, wanting to place a cake order and then get mad that we don't have a bakery.
Not quite the same thing, but if I'm covering a door greeter's lunch or break at Walmart they ask me if it's a SuperCenter. Newsflash if the store was a SuperCenter the sign on the building would say "WALMART SUPERCENTER". It just says "WALMART"

Quote- Customers that ask when the "going out of business" sales are starting
When I worked at Shaw's in Southington that happened all the time. It was so annoying. What was bad about when the finally decided to go out of business, they were still doing the regular sales. And the customers would be irate that we didn't have what was in the flyers. (And I didn't even work for the company by time the decision to shut down was made).

KmartDanny09

-Customers that call in @ 9:00am looking for an item that is on sale. Then they get mad @ 9:00PM because we no longer have it! (You mean to tell me that you don't have it anymore? But I just called today!)

-Customers that @ 9:55pm want let in to the Garden Shop to look for flowers... two problems... A) The store closes at 10:00 and B) The Garden Shop has horrible night lighting

-Customers that expect us (Kmart) to stock the same selection of Craftsmen tools as Sears.

-Customers that expect Sears sales to carry over to Kmart.

-Customers that expect us to have repair parts/services from Craftsmens Tools and Kenmore.

-Customers that buy car batteries... and then want US (regular floor associates) to install them.... even though we don't have an auto center

-Customers that expect rainchecks on seasonal merchandise EVEN THOUGH the sale signs CLEARLY state "Seasonal merchandise. No rainchecks."

-Customers that got upset when on Friday, we no longer have TV antennas for the DTV Switch.

-Customers that attempt to use two DTV coupons... and think they get money back.

-Customers that threaten to shop wal-mart... do we really care? Hell, I GO to wal-mart after my shift sometimes...

-Customers that return merchandise because its cheaper at Wally World... then get upset and go into a lot of detail about the sales at Wal-Mart... (Hmmm, don't yell at me... I'm not in-charge of the pricing!)

-Customers that get upset because they show Saturday night and we're out of something that is on sale... c'mon stupid... the sale STARTED on SUNDAY!

Marc82

Here's some more:

Customers who tell me their life story on why they can't have the bags packed to heavily.

Customers who tell me their life story about why they're buying a certain product.

Customers who buy $200 worth of merchanice and then their debit or credit card is declined and then they say they're gonna go get another car and will be back in a few minutes and then they never come back.

Customers who get mad because we don't have fresh food items advertised in the flyer. (Read the fine print. It says Fresh Meat and Produce and Bakery Items Only Available at Walmart SuperCenters and Neighborhood Markets).

And actually this one I agree with. Customers who get mad because different Walmarts have different policies. (I think the policies should be the same chain-wide. i.e. Some Walmarts sell stamps and some issue rain-checks. The one I work at doesn't). We also don't price match between different Walmarts or Walmart.Com We ONLY Price Match other retailers i.e. KMART, Target, Circuit City (not their GOB Sales), KOHLS, Price Chopper, Stop & Shop, ShopRite, etc.