Stuckey's

Started by HoJofan206, April 25, 2005, 11:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

Does anyone remember the Stuckey's chain.  They had the blue roofs and sold the pecans!!  I still see some on trips when I head down south on vacation.

amesman

They were a chain that almost had a similar fate to Howard Johnson's. The original Stuckey's company was sold in 1985(same year as Hojos was sold to Marriott), but were saved by a businessman who wanted to make the chain stronger and more profitable. Those locations in the south are probably both new and old locations. There were two here in New York State. In Plattsburgh off I-87(Northway) and in McGraw off I-81.

LazarusFan

Yeah there are a lot of Stuckey's in many truck stops in the south.  Is Stuckey's a full service restaurant or do they sell candy and nuts?

amesman

www.stuckeys.com or www.stuckonstuckys.com

Stuckeys is both a full service restaurant and candy and nut shop. Actually, the reason Stuckeys started is because of the selling of pecans...

store215

There aren't too many Stuckey's left. I remember our family drove from PA to FL last summer and a few summers before that and you could tell where many stuckey's had once been. I'll recreate what their sign looked/looks like:

If you're ever down south and see an empty sign frame in this format, it was once a Stuckey's.

Ameskid

StuckOnStuckeys.com
PET has ruined them! I have been to one. No big slanted bluish-green roof. Heck, it was a mini mart at a gas station! I love Stuckey's, and always will.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

HoJofan206

Former Stuckey's location Las Vegas Nev 2002

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

StuckeysFanatic

StuckeysFanatic

StuckeysFanatic

Pelham, Tennessee Summer 2004
This sign was at the back of the parking lot

StuckeysFanatic

Scottsmoor, Florida summer 2004
Unfortunately, it no longer has a blue roof.

StuckeysFanatic

HoJofan206

HoJofan206

A convoy of Stucky trucks from years past.

HoJofan206

Here is an old Stuckeys.  It has been refurbished and is now being used as a seasonal firworks location.