Best Buy

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

amesman

Best Buy, is a chain of electronic stores, liike Circuit City, and former chains like Silo and Lechmere. Here is a picture of the store at Crossgates Mall in Albany.

Anonymous

mall stores like in holyoke mall at ingleside in holyoke.ma

amesman

The one in Kingston, New York is a mall store too. I've only seen two that aren't in malls, but close. In Middletown, New York, and Buffalo, New York.

Caldor1999

i Like them my friend have a sticker in here car on the glove conpartment that says Best Babe lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

tokensafari

I like it. They're better than circuit city any day!

C. Fontaine

Oh yeah.  I don't like the way Circuit City's setup is.

Rayco7030

beat buy and target in the hampshire mall on rte 9 in hadley.ma
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

Crawford

I rather like this store. Got some great deals on open box and in store sales. Never felt hassled or forced. I know they want people to get the insurance and protection programs, having worked in retail I know the feeling of managers getting on you to sell things so I am a little more forgiving if clerks seem pushy. Buy most if not all of my Dvds there since they are at least 25% less then at Suncoast or FYE. They remind me a little of Lechmere which is sadly missed. I remember when Massachusetts was doing a tax holiday, as soon as people walked in the store the sales folks were directing them to the big ticket items....heh. One thing I noticed is that some stores seem to have very different layouts than others which is unusual in a chain store.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

ameskmart1

Former Best Buy in Texas

d_fife

here is the Best buy in the berkshire mall in pittsfield/ lanesborough mass. it is 30,000 square feet. it opened in 2002 in the old service merchandise.

www.generalgrowthproperties.com shows that Best buy will movie where the old MAine Mall cinema (Across from SEars) was in 2006. IS THIS TRUE!!!! THE BEST BUY IS BIG AND IN A GOOD LOCAITON. it would make no sense to move it to the old cinema. lats week I saw that the maine mall cinema is already leveled. best buy is growing mroe I think. they even opened one in west lebanon nh, and are plans to open ones in auburn and topsham maine! will open one in plattsburgh ny.

pictuer of best buy in the berkshire mall in pittsfield/ lanesboro mass

from http://www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/berkshire_mall.asp

d_fife

here is the best buy in ithaca new york in the pyramid mall hwere ames was.

from http://www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/pyramid_mall.asp

d_fife

here is best buy where kmart was in hudson valley mall in kingston new york and opened late 1990s.

from http://www.pyramidmg.com/portfolio/hudsonvalley_mall.asp

d_fife

this is the indoor entrance Best buy in crossgates mall

from http://www.greatestcities.com/users/ankit/2005/08/30/

d_fife

d_fife

the red brown building's back is the best buy in lebanon nh

from http://www.kgiproperties.com/properties/location/26/

d_fife

here is the future best buy in walden galleria mall in buffalo new york that is 50,000 square feet.

notice that best buys in small markets are like 30,000 square feet like concord nh, bangor me, pittsfield mass. some new oens in fairly big areas like watertown mass, north dartmouth mass seekonk mass are 30,000 sf. but ones in larger markets like around boston, providence, etc are like 45,000 square feet. some in smaller smaller markets like plattsburgh ny, lebanon nh, elmira ny are 20,000 sf.

here is the future best buy in buffalo

from sharon lindstedt of http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060224/1072748.asp

d_fife

here is the best buy in elmria (horseheads or big flats) ny that is under construction.

d_fife

here is best buy in bangor that is 30,000 sq.ft. (the smaller sized stores) where service merchandise was and opened fall 2000.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is best buy in bangor that is 30,000 sq.ft. (the smaller sized stores) where service merchandise was and opened fall 2000.

best buy sign in bangor