Main Menu

Ames on fire

Started by JoeC2364, May 30, 2009, 09:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeC2364

Story Published: May 30, 2009 at 9:37 PM EDT

Story Updated: May 30, 2009 at 9:37 PM EDT

Fire breaks out in a shopping plaza in Yorkshire in Cattaraugus county Saturday afternoon sending customers and workers fleeing and firefighters calling for backup.
People at the Save-A-Lot grocery store first noticed smoke around noon coming from the now vacant Ames store at the end of the plaza. At least 20 fire companies responded to try to keep the flames from spreading to the other five stores in the plaza.

"My sister was actually just walking out of work and texted me saying 'Ames is on fire' and I came running out I looked in the doors and seen the fire," says Marjorie Osbourne who works at the grocery store.

"It's a warm day just trying to keep the crews rotated and such a large building that was banked with smoke all the way down to the floor so they couldn't find the exact scene of the fire for a while," explains Chief Brandon Barber of the Yorkshire fire department.

The cause is under investigation. Fortunately no one was hurt.

JoeC2364

JoeC2364

JoeC2364

JoeC2364

JoeC2364

jmcnamara96

Nooooooo not another suspious fire at ames

wwefan101

sweet another fire at an ames

reitelle

I'm not gonna lie, I actually find this to be rather sad :hurt:. R.I.P Ames.

beachgal26

I, too, find it rather sad and have to wonder how do the fires in the old Ames start in the first place?  Hope it's not some nut making a statement.

:huh::huh::huh: