Main Menu

Somerdale (Magnolia), NJ...

Started by nims57, May 07, 2009, 06:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nims57

is becoming a Wal-Mart as of this February. It was a Caldor.

jmcnamara96

Whats this have to with Ames its under the Ames theard?:huh:

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
Whats this have to with Ames its under the Ames theard?:huh:

it was a Caldor, then Ames

jmcnamara96

Oh ok there was kinda alotof those

videogamer75

i have pictures of this store than i can post.

C. Fontaine

videogamer75

Sorry it is taking me so long to get those pictures up, I lost the CD that I put them on, I will try to find it

videogamer75

Well, it's a good thing I got some pics of this Ames, since the whole plaza just got ton down to build a Wal-Mart Supercenter. I just have to find that CD though...

There's also a cool old-school Pizza Hut in the parking lot, thankfully that will be staying open.

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
Well, it's a good thing I got some pics of this Ames, since the whole plaza just got ton down to build a Wal-Mart Supercenter. I just have to find that CD though...

There's also a cool old-school Pizza Hut in the parking lot, thankfully that will be staying open.  

I wonder if this Caldor was a Woolco like the one in Willingboro. The Pizza Hut is probably from the late 60's/early 70's. I thought there were no Caldors around Philadelphia back then.

What else did this center have? Any grocery stores?

videogamer75

The plaza also had a Dollar General and a movie theater, but there was a vacant building which appeared to be a grocery store. As for the Ames, I have no clue if it was ever a Woolco.