Main Menu

KFC

Started by HoJofan206, April 05, 2005, 12:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudsons81

Quote from: Hudsons81 on August 03, 2014, 12:23:01 PM

Here's what that building currently looks like as of today.

MikeRa

In Philadelphia, Pa, there is a former KFC location that is now home to a Credit Union, called Trumark Credit Union.  Turmark started in 1939 as Philadelphia Telco Credit Union by a handful of Bell Telephone Company of Pennsylvania (Bell of Pennsylvania) employees.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

ynkeesfn82

As part of KFC's 75th anniversary they are bringing back Colonel Sanders. New commercials will begin airing on Memorial Day and will feature Darrell Hammond from Saturday Night Live as Colonel Sanders.

giantsfan2016

The one in Southington, Connecticut is seriously lacking in maintenance. I went there in October and the urinal in the men's room was out of order. 2 weeks later it was still out of order. In November I went they removed the urinal. As of January 22nd,, 2017 it still hasn't been replaced.

retailisking

The other location in town, a newer KFC/Taco Bell combo under separate ownership, will remain open. Note the mansard roof McD's in the background! This must have been one of the last remaining units with the Colonel's Buffet, which Yum Brands has been trying to eradicate. An attempt to keep the last one in Canada operating became a cause celebre last year.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/04/28/kfc-on-western-avenue-in-augusta-closes/

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

The Kenny King's restaurants in Ohio served Kentucky Fried Chicken dinners from the beginning until they folded in the mid-1990s.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

This KFC was converted to an Italian restaurant.

I wonder if their spaghetti sauce is "Finger-Lickin' Good"...

Source: Not Fooling Anybody
http://notfoolinganybody.com/original-restaurants/

JJBers

My local KFC in Willimantic:
Sorry this is blurry, this was from June:

KFC (Willimantic, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
This wasn't focused that well, but it's from October:

KFC (Willimantic, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

giantsfan2016

How is it  on the inside? The one in Southington is dirty, old, and run down on the inside. Last October the urinal in the men's room broke. 3 weeks later it was still broken. 2 weeks after that it was removed and never was replaced.

JJBers

I don't know, it's been at least 2 years since I was last inside. Maybe I'll come back tonight.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

giantsfan2016

The one in Southington, CT is finally getting remodeled. I wonder if they're going to taking out the buffet. Don't expect any photos from me when they're done. I was banned from there after I sent a complaint email on KFC.COM about how nasty and rude their manager (owner?) is to me all the time when I used to go there regularly.

giantsfan2016

The finished the remodel in Southington. While I haven't been in there, I know they took out the buffet because they covered up the All-You-Can-Eat part of their sign.

giantsfan2016

Now through the end of the year KFC will be serving Chicken and Waffles. First heard a DJ talking about it on Kool Radio (96.1/990 in Southington) yesterday. Today I saw an ad for it on CMT during a rerun of the sitcom Reba on CMT.

TheFugitive

In Imlay City, Michigan, where I used to work for Ames, there is a place called
Maryland Fried Chicken.

It is still there, and apparently is part of a small chain.

https://www.marylandfriedchicken.net/directory/categories/restaurants

Any place named after a state which is south of the Mason-Dixon Line
HAS to have good fried chicken, doesn't it?   ???

giantsfan2016

Quote from: TheFugitive on January 24, 2019, 04:21:32 PM
In Imlay City, Michigan, where I used to work for Ames, there is a place called
Maryland Fried Chicken.

It is still there, and apparently is part of a small chain.

https://www.marylandfriedchicken.net/directory/categories/restaurants

Any place named after a state which is south of the Mason-Dixon Line
HAS to have good fried chicken, doesn't it?   ???

There was one in Forestville (Bristol), Connecticut in the 70s. It was in the Pine Plaza, which was ripped down and rebuilt in 98. There was also one in New Britain in the Stanley Plaza on Slater Road. The plaza has since been razed. Separate owners.

TheFugitive

It looks like aside from the one store in Michigan the rest of them are all in the South.
Georgia and Florida primarily.

Ironically enough, to those people Maryland is in the North.

Everything Community

Here's how this Kentucky Fried Checken in Willimantic, CT looks like in between those 4 months!

First Pic: 4 months earlier -- 1997-era Red, White & Blue crown building

Second Pic: Now -- remodeled, sounds more Kentuckier, eh?