Main Menu

KFC

Started by HoJofan206, April 05, 2005, 12:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

KFC
Here in Evansville we still have an original Kentucky Fried Chicken building standing.  It is sitting empty but it has the original roof (painted an ugly brown) with its cupola intact.
The old restaurants had the sign with the lighted arrow pointing towards the building with the bucket of chicken attached.  Now days, people are in such a hurry to eat we have even shortened the name to KFC, just to save time.

HoJofan206

Kentucky Fried Chicken originated in Corbin Kentucky and are now Headquartered in Louisville Kentucky.  Good ol Mister Sanders.

C. Fontaine

I heard Kentucky Fried Chicken changed their name to "KFC" back in the 70's, when people started to realize fried food was bad for you, and they didn't want the word "Fried" in their name...

amesman

Take a pic of that KFC! We'd love to see it! :)

HoJofan206

I could be wrong, but I dont think Kentucky Fried Chicken changed their signage over to KFC until the 1990's.  That is when many retaurants joined the "trend" to shorten their name.  ei: Long John Silvers to LJS

Jag67

Actually, Kentucky Fried Chicken changed their name in 1991 because of the "fried" in the name.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
That is when many retaurants joined the "trend" to shorten their name.  ei: Long John Silvers to LJS

Also Dairy Queen now uses "DQ" :yup:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
I heard Kentucky Fried Chicken changed their name to "KFC" back in the 70's, when people started to realize fried food was bad for you, and they didn't want the word "Fried" in their name...

they changed it to KFC in 1991 i believe i dont think it was the 70's but anyway i had one near me but it closed down in 1998 and was replced by a car rential place in 2003
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

shakethis1234

the Twister is good

HoJofan206

We only have two KFC restaurants left in Evansville, plus one KFC/Taco Bell combo unit.  In the 1970's and 80's Evansville was home to 7 or 8 of them.

AmesNewington

We have KFC in New Britain CT and then there's one in Rocky Hill with the classic sign spelling out the name.

76fanAmesmanBBTB

Don't forget about the bucket  and the original KFC
seen in this trio of pics!:bounce:

HoJofan206

I very vividly remember the roadside signs with the bucket of chicken at the top, but never saw the mammouth red bird sign like the pic posted.  Where was that store?

HoJofan206

I was in Louisville KY today (World headquarters of KFC) and I saw the brand new, just opened restaruant on Bardstown Road.  It is the new concept and the name "Kentucky Fried Chicken" is clearly spelled out completely on the building.
So much for the "only" using KFC logo. :hurt:

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
I was in Louisville KY today (World headquarters of KFC) and I saw the brand new, just opened restaruant on Bardstown Road.  It is the new concept and the name "Kentucky Fried Chicken" is clearly spelled out completely on the building.
So much for the "only" using KFC logo. :hurt:

WOW EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN!:o

THEY'RE PLANNING TO CHANGE BACK TO KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN!?:question::question::question::huh:

maybe this " shortened intials for company name" thing is dying out after all!:o

HoJofan206

The new location in Louisiville is very different looking from any KFC building I have ever seen before.  Again, I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that Louisville is the KFC headquarters city, or might this be the "future" look of new KFC stores......It looks really nice.

Caldor1999

hears what hapend to my old KFC:no:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

HoJofan206

That is funny because one of our closed KFC's also turned into an Enterprise Rental Car outlet.  Who would have tied rental cars and fried chicken together.....:roll:

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Has anyone saw the new KFC ad recently?

it starts basically like this:

old black guy comes along stops in front of tennage guys on mpg cell phones etc.

He says this to them " Back then in my day we never heard of  MP3s,or PSPs or KFC......"

The young group stops playing with their electronic gizmo toys and give the old guy a stare.

old guy continues ".....back then we called it Kentucky Fried Chicken."

the young group of teens shoves the KFC buckets towards him with a smile

The annoucer says something like this "Come back to the timeless delicious yet old school taste of Kentucky Fried chicken"

at one point the Bucket in a spinning closeup shot says KFC spins and changes to Kentucky Fried Chicken.

at the end of the ad the announcer says this "Only at Kentucky Fried Chicken"

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY THE FULL NAME WAS SAID AND SPELLED OUT ON TV "KENTUCKY FREID CHICKEN" NO LIE!:saint:

Yep, I saw this ad, it is real. I thought they got sued by the State of Kentucky because they were not allowed to use a state's name to represent a product or something like that. Maybe it was just a rumor.

C. Fontaine

I've heard some scary stories from our local KFC.  The latest one was in the news around here when a lady found a cocroach cooked into her chicken.  Even just being in there it is a very ghetto-ish atmosphere...  I do like the other KFC's in Worcester though, especially the KFC/Taco Bell dual's.

HoJofan206

Perhaps cockroaches are part of the original 11 herbs and spices that KFC used to brag about.....:D:D

storehistoryguy

This is my favorite sign. :bigsmile:

storehistoryguy

Have you seen that commercial for the 99 cent chicken sandwiches where the two guys are walking past Hall's Dollar Store? Well, I noticed that in front of the store are Ames carts! Look next time you see the commercial.

storehistoryguy