Main Menu

KFC

Started by HoJofan206, April 05, 2005, 12:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

Last time I was at the one in Southington they put some of the Grilled Chicken on the buffet. I got 2 small pieces. YUCK! They need to stick to what they know - Original Recipe and Extra Crispy! And they need to bring back the BBQ Chicken.

wwefan101

dmx10101

um isnt that list every kind of piece of chicken? lol Might as well just say they are out of chicken.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

wwefan101

haha yea     i guse they wanted to list them all

The Adamantium Elbow

I remember as a kid I thought the giant bucket sign was where they kept all the chicken pieces and when somebody placed an order the employee would pull a lever and the chicken pieces dropped into the little bucket all cooked and ready to eat. Also as for the whole rumor about them changing their name to de-emphasize the whole fried thing or because they can't call what they serve chicken anymore because of genetic experiments both are false. I have seen Kentucky Fried Chicken Places with the name fully spelled out as part of the signage. They call themselves KFC for the same reason Pizza Hut are calling themselves "The Hut" and Radio Shack are calling themselves "The Shack" is because it's supposedly easier to remember not because of health concerns or Frankencreatures.

wwefan101

haha kfc still spels out ther full name on the on in my town webster ma but in aburn ma  they just have it listed as kfc

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
Heres a former KFC in Lowell Mass now Top Dounut

Looks like it was a combo KFC and A&W (I think)?

jmcnamara96

i thought it was kfc/taco bell

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
i thought it was kfc/taco bell

no it definitely was A&W, the brown checker board pattern on the building is A&Ws building style.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

wwefan101

i want kfc sooooooo bad

videogamer75

Yep, that is definitely a former KFC/A&W it looks just like the one in Bridgeton, NJ.

nims57

The one in Chambersburg, PA still has an old school pylon sign!

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57

Just checked this one out and I'm not sure which location you're talking about. The one I looked at on Lincoln Highway East does not have an old sign.

How about a picture or some more info, might help the rest of us!
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

wwefan101

the old kfc here is going to become a pizza place set to open in january will have pics up tonight

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
QuoteOriginally posted by nims57

Just checked this one out and I'm not sure which location you're talking about. The one I looked at on Lincoln Highway East does not have an old sign.

How about a picture or some more info, might help the rest of us!

Did you see the high freeway sign?

Zayre88

Quote from: Zayre88 on April 27, 2006, 06:31:31 PM
KFC in Bangor on Broadway, between McDonalds and the now closed Friendly's.

It closed and apparently became something else and that also closed.

ynkeesfn82

The former East Lyme KFC is becoming a Gourmet take-out place.

http://www.theday.com/article/20110301/BIZ02/303019997/

MikeRa

The KFC that was located at Acamdey & Byberry Road, in Philadelphia, PA became first a Beneficial Bank, and currently a Trumark Federal Credit Union location
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

dmx10101

The famous KFC in Marietta, GA

Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

ynkeesfn82

The former KFC/Nathans/Arthur Treachers at the Westfield Meiden Square Mall, which closed several years ago is becoming a new place called Chicken Now.

retailisking

Proof that family businesses should always have a succession plan; you never know when you might need it!

scottw73

The 2 KFC's in Danbury closed as a result of this

ynkeesfn82

August 1, 2012 shot of the Southington KFC located at 866 Queen Street. It was raining when I took the picture from my car across the street. Nothing has changed since the last shot I took of them.

ynkeesfn82

There are 3 locations in Connecticut that have all-you-can-eat. Bristol, Southington, and Torrington. Right now Bristol and Southington are offering all-you-can-eat for just $6 plus tax including a soft drink! This deal is on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday only.

ynkeesfn82

The former KFC in Wallingford, CT is becoming Mozzicato's Bakery - a popular bakery with locations in Hartford and Plainville.

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/wallingford/article_3a33d16c-e832-11e2-b57f-001a4bcf887a.html

retailisking

Kentucky Fried Chicken no longer has a franchise within the borders of Maine's largest city. This KFC at Woodford's Corner along Forest Avenue, one of the busiest traffic corridors in the state, closed recently. This was a small restaurant with longstanding and increasingly challenging ingress and egress issues.

http://maine.eater.com/archives/2014/03/05/portlands-kfc-is-kaput.php

retailisking

^This KFC is going to become a gourmet burger joint. The old KFC franchisee still owns the property and is looking for a spot to put a KFC/Taco Bell combo nearby.

TheFugitive

All of the KFC's in my area appear to be transitioning into new buildings.

Hudsons81

The KFC at 12825 Eureka Road in Southgate, MI, as it appeared eleven months ago. Nothing has changed since.

It hasn't always been at this location, though-it relocated there from a Fort Street address in neighboring Wyandotte in 1988. Here's what that location looked like in 1966.

Even the current Eureka Road location didn't look like that when it opened in 1988-it received that architectural style during a 2002-2003 remodel.