Main Menu

KFC

Started by HoJofan206, April 05, 2005, 12:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

videogamer75

You know it surprises me that they haven't either closed or renovated my local KFC into a KFC/Taco Bell. NOBODY ever goes there, the service is terrible, and the store is very dirty and not a desirable place to eat at, although the food is good. Everybody goes to the McDonald's across the street, and I think I once heard the workers inside commenting on it. I would love for it to become a KFC/Taco Bell and hire some more employees, because I bet that if they added a TB they would get way more than 1 customer a day and a lot of people would actually go there.

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by FearlessSwan
Former old-school KFC in Stamford, CT. Was replaced by a newer restaurant a few blocks down the road during the mid eighties.

I wonder if ANY KFC restaurants nowadays still have the classic original recipe look like that one?

MikeRa

Here's a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo in Georgia that I took the picture of in February 2007:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
I never saw the mammouth red bird sign like the pic posted.  Where was that store?

It is in Marietta, Georgia. There is a neat write-up of it with a vintage picture and a current picture on this site called Roadside America. :)

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt

What does PFK stand for??

Poulet Frit Kentucky (french for Kentucky Fried Chicken)

Here's another PFK with Pizza Hut in Quebec City, Canada.

Marc82

Southington, CT KFC. Pic taken today 2/21/09. Locals call it Kentucky Fried Rat. Pic taken from my car parked across the street in Queen Plaza. This KFC was the site of a PETA protest back in 03.

wwefan101

peta should just give up  ift we want to eat kfc its our  chose  they might like it so they  dont have to eat it

Marc82

Thinking back on the day PETA held its protest at the KFC, my friend who was program director of the local radio station interviewed someone from PETA on his show and they told him PETA's ultimate goal was for everyone in the world to become vegetarians. As for the PETA protest itself that was being held because the chickens raised by KFC were supposedly being abused.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Thinking back on the day PETA held its protest at the KFC, my friend who was program director of the local radio station interviewed someone from PETA on his show and they told him PETA's ultimate goal was for everyone in the world to become vegetarians. As for the PETA protest itself that was being held because the chickens raised by KFC were supposedly being abused.  
I'm against PETA. I mean who on earth would brainwash people into thinking we could all be vegetarians?! I think that's ludicrous from a meat connoisseur's standpoint. We should all be free to choose what we eat, and don't let these organizations tell you otherwise.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by ShopKoFan
I'm against PETA. I mean who on earth would brainwash people into thinking we could all be vegetarians?! I think that's ludicrous from a meat connoisseur's standpoint. We should all be free to choose what we eat, and don't let these organizations tell you otherwise.

I agree with you 100%. And as for them protesting because the animals were abused? Um, I don't really care. As long as they taste good in the final product I don't really care if they were abused. It's not like household domesticated pets that were being abused, which is sad and needs to stop.

wwefan101

i been eating kfc all my life well all but the time my town didnet have one for a year then reopend closer to me with the tacobell

XDeSuEhTX

As far as the whole PETA thing goes, I can see why they give KFC a hard time. They have always been ranked the very worst by PETA in terms of animal rights. Their biggest complaint is how horrible the short lived chicken's life is before they become KFC product. I'm not a vegan, but I admit it is a little messed up.

They are usually trapped in a small crowded cage, fed genetically altered stuff to make them become really plump and fat at a really young age. Then put on an assembly line of death. It's a grim story, but KFC is good I have to admit.

Sure, pro-meat people make a good argument. But it's the means in which we have come to in the treatment of the animals that PETA people dislike the most, not just the fact that we are eating animals.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

wwefan101

thats why god made chickens so we whould have somthing to eat im allways going to  eat at kfc this peta group  was proetesting a few years ago in worcster almost casuseing a big pole up  on the highway by hangeing a sing up over the highway and the state police  sayed they wont allow them to protest  in the state again ift they do they will go to jail

videogamer75

I like and respect animals and I agree that it is wrong and messed up when they are abused the way KFC does. There are more humane ways of doing what they do, for example the controlled air method that Burger King uses, which doesn't cause actual pain to the chickens. However, at the same token, I think it's wrong that PETA is trying to dictate what we all eat. They were never given the right to make decisions for us, they don't have any power over us. And besides that, they have killed thousands of dogs and cats for unknown reasons, there are several websites that can prove this. They are pretty much an all-around fascist and hypocritical organization who even advocates arson. I will probably continue to eat meat. Besides, there will always be a good amount of animals on Earth - they should just take solace in that fact.

wwefan101

lol no one ever thinks that about kfc here ours at times have a full parking lot  and a long line at ther drive thru and most of them are odering off the kfc meun  i had them sat  got a 16 pice bucket meal  and it was the best juciest mosit tender chicken i ever had

Marc82

KFC has brought back Chicken Nuggets at my local Southington store.

6 pieces $2.29

10 pieces $3.29

20 pieces $5.29

wwefan101

kool our kfc dont got nugets yet   but ours makes great nachos in ther tacobell part

XISMZERO

6 pieces $2.29

10 pieces $3.29

20 pieces $5.29

Now when you say "brought back", do you mean the same nuggets they used to serve up until the mid-90s?
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO

6 pieces $2.29

10 pieces $3.29

20 pieces $5.29

Now when you say "brought back", do you mean the same nuggets they used to serve up until the mid-90s?  

I dunno homie. I didn't order them. All I know is the sign says "Chicken Nuggets Are Back".

wwefan101

our old kfc never had nugets same with the new one hmmmm i wonder ift ours will

HoJofan206

Here is a renovated/updated KFC located in Toronto Canada.

wwefan101

thats right   kfc will be adding grilled chicken to ther meun  my cousion    got  a coupon  for ther new grilled chicken today when he was at  tacobell  

momof3

Kentucky "Fried" Chicken adding grilled Chix to it's menu, kind of doesn't seem right.  But people are eatting healthier.

wwefan101

yea  in the hand out   kfc in town is givveing out it lookes good i plan on tying it  but i mostley oder off the tacobell side

wwefan101

i grew up on kfc   but the kfc in aburn and webster i went to were shut down   thank god   both towns  allowed  for a new one to go up with the addion of tacobell

retailfan

Its very good They have been selling it here in Indy for 6 months at least In fact a lot of the restaraunts  say kentucky Fried grilled chicken its very good  I recomend it

wwefan101

yea  i will be trying it  i had them fo dinner last night had ther 16 pice meal with slaw and mashed pattioes  and it was just  right  i will pobley be tyring the griled chicken   the day after it is out

XISMZERO

wwefan (and all who apply), I'm not going to tell you again. Clean up your posts and make them readable and by god use a spellcheck. We all have to read your sloppy posts.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

wwefan101

the one in webster ma is for sale  hers in fo for the auction
http://www.zekosgroup.com/websterauction.html