Price Chopper/Market 32

Started by Caldor99, January 06, 2005, 11:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor99

ive never been to one before but i love there logo

amesman

Yes, there logo is an axe cutting into a quarter.

Also, Price Chopper is based out of Albany, New York :bigsmile:

amesman

Here's one of the Albany locations :) This store is on Route 9W in Glenmont. It was previously a Grand Union.

C. Fontaine

Here's the Price Chopper in Webster, MA.  It was a former Big D supermarket.  You can see my workplace on the left.

Chris

I've been to the Bristol CT store once. We now shop weekly at the Southington store. It has the best sales, the best atmosphere, service, bakery, produce, fish, meat, and everything else our family ever had. They are the only store that has a food court left, and has fresh made donuts, and artisan breads of all kinds. I can't wait until the Newington store (my former favorite Ames) opens. It is halfway built! I'm sending pictures as soon as I can. Here's the former Newington Ames:

Chris

Anonymous

Remember their old logo?? Looked the same as it does now, except the quarter had a person on it instead of the star. The story I heard was that they had to change it because people were believing that the ax was chopping into a woman. Changed it mid '80s I believe.

AmesNewington

I'm so happy the Newington Price Chopper opened. It opened on March 13th. Ever since then, it's been packed every day, even 6AM Sunday morning. The store is making out great, and the parking lot has about a hundred cars parked. I'm so happy people are liking the store. However, it's smaller than the rest of the stores in CT.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
Remember their old logo?? Looked the same as it does now, except the quarter had a person on it instead of the star. The story I heard was that they had to change it because people were believing that the ax was chopping into a woman. Changed it mid '80s I believe.

YOUR IN LUCK I'VE FOUND A BEER CAN SHOWING THEIR OLD LOGO ON EBAY!

I shop at price chopper sometimes very 60's like

and when I go into price chopper I hear this:" PRICE CHOPPPPER RAAAADDDDIIIOOOO"

lol:insane:

C. Fontaine

I usually go shopping there after work (12:00-1:00 am) and they have some funky stuff on their radio.  They are also usually cleaning the floor and stocking, so you have to weave around everything.  They also play a recording over the PA about ever five minutes, "Store security to aisle #," to keep people from causing trouble...  in reality there is no store security:mrpink:.  Also, that late at night the self-checkouts are closed, and there is only one cashier after 10:00, so for some reason there is a large amount of people thrying to cash out, your going to be waiting in line for a long time.

amesman

Here's another Albany area store. This one is in Glenville.

BillyGr

This is the current Price Chopper in Menands - as noted elsewhere it was a former ShopRite.  At the time they bought this store they closed their own store up the road (in Mid City shopping Center next to Woolworth) - apparently they thought this location was better - not much bigger (if any).  Their origianl store is now a Save A Lot.

BillyGr

This is an old Price Chopper store (East Greenbush Routes 9 & 20) - it was a very small store (actually basically just the part that is now the auto store - maybe the bank also, but I know the pharmacy was there as Brooks at the time).  They closed this store (and another one next to the EG Kmart) when they opened their current location (that store has since been expanded however).  The plaza this store is in now houses a Hannaford (in a separate building at the opposite end).

AmesNewington

If you're a fan of '60s music fare, go to the Southington Price Chopper!

shakethis1234

I work at Price Chopper in Fulton NY their lease is up it a very small store 25 years old they are buying Tops In fulton to move in. Tops is selling as many as 20 stores Price Chopper are taking some of those Price Chopper is a very nice To Work for You get paid more on sundays help pay for Collage

AmesNewington

I'm thinking that the Newington store is the smallest in the state. My parents don't care for this one too much. I like it, and am upset they don't like it because that was Ames.

shakethis1234

The Oswego Store Failed Food Inspection

d_fife

this price chopper is in St. Johnsbury Vermont. It opened 11 years ago and is 50,000 square feet.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by shakethis1234
The Oswego Store Failed Food Inspection

what will happen to it?

this price chopper is in Albany on Central Ave. IT is near K-mart.

d_fife

this price chopper is in Barre Vermont. IT is 46,500 square feet in the Ames plaza.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
this price chopper is in Barre Vermont. IT is 46,500 square feet in the Ames plaza.

this is the original look of the price chopper in Barre vermont

d_fife

this price chopper is in brattleboro vermont and opened 1994 and is 47,000 square feet.

d_fife

This is the former Price chopper in West Boylston Mass. IT moved recently in Worcester down the road.

d_fife

This price chopper is in WEst lebanon NH. it opened in early 2000 and is 64,000 square feet and on Rt. 12 in the Wal-mart plaza.

d_fife

this is the former PRice chopper in Bennington Vermont and was 24,000 square feet and relocated in 2000 to a 55,000 square foot store near wal-mart. This old price chopper and the Ames next to it was turned into HOme depot in 2004.

d_fife

This is the old PRice Chopper in Guilderland New york (near Albany) and it is on WEstern ave 25,000 square feet.

d_fife

this price chopper is in schenectady ny

d_fife

this price chopper is in albany new york.

d_fife

this Price chopper is in Albany new york on Deleware ave. it is small.

d_fife

this price chopper is in bethlehem new york in the Singerlands section, is on New Scotland Road, opened 1997 and is 63,000 square feet.