Main Menu

Paperama

Started by Lastdaysofrain, March 31, 2009, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lastdaysofrain

Does anyone know anything about the Paperama chain?  I know they had several stores in the New England area.

I used to frequent the Somerville, MA Assembly Square store as a kid.  If memory served it was kind of like a Staples mixed with K-Mart (without the clothes and electronics). I used to go there for Birthday Party Supplies, school supplies, halloween costumes and occasionally toys.

I believe that particular location closed around 1991 (maybe that's when they whole chain went under) and was changed into a Paintball store, which was recently torn down.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by Lastdaysofrain
Does anyone know anything about the Paperama chain?  I know they had several stores in the New England area.

I used to frequent the Somerville, MA Assembly Square store as a kid.  If memory served it was kind of like a Staples mixed with K-Mart (without the clothes and electronics). I used to go there for Birthday Party Supplies, school supplies, halloween costumes and occasionally toys.

I believe that particular location closed around 1991 (maybe that's when they whole chain went under) and was changed into a Paintball store, which was recently torn down.

I think that at some point they may have merged/been bought out by the Paper Cutter chain (I seem to remember some of the bags/stickers having both names and/or paperama stickers in Paper Cutter).  
From your description, it seems that they were similar to Paper Cutter (a mix of office supplies and party stuff), so a merger/buyout would have made sense.

Other than that, I have no other information

Zayre88

Paperama shopping cart at Marden's in Sanford Maine (former Ames).

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Zayre88, did Marden's have any Red Ames shopping carts, or have they all disappeared?
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88

What was the blue cart in the picture?

jmcnamara96

purple and it looks like The Big Party a old party store that went out in the 90s had a location in Manchester NH

JimSawhill

I remember a Paperama on Broad Street in Manchester, CT. It was a small strip mall that had Layfette Radio, and a waterbed store in it. The Paperama space was before a Spree! Toys.