Main Menu

Ames #2354, McKeesport, PA

Started by C3Nostalgia, March 28, 2009, 01:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C3Nostalgia

Ames # 2354
4235 Walnut St.
McKeesport, PA 15132

After the Ames closed in 2002, the building sat empty for about 4 years.  A large section of the parking lot had a flea market every Tuesday and Thursday that i went to once every 2 weeks or so.  Then I hear about a nearby car dealership purchasing the land and I didn't really like it.  I bought a lot of stuff at the flea market there, and I remembered going to that Ames in the 90s with my grandmother a lot.

I had to take a friend to a dentist appointment Thursday afternoon, and I remembered that the Ames used to be near the dentist office.  So while he was there, I went looking around for it.  Unfortunately, it was raining and I couldn't get too good of a shot, but i did the best I could considering.

Tri-Star Ford now owns the building, and has been using it for about 1.5-2 years.  I did find out that the flea market is still held on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the same section of the lot as it used to be.

This is what I shot from my car window.

Here is the best shot I could get of the building without going too near the new cars.  I shot this from the section of the lot that is used for the flea market with my car window down.

Then as I was leaving, I noticed something else.  The Ames sign was still atop the pylons that it had always stood upon.

C. Fontaine

Nice job!!!  I'll put these in the store locator soon!

GothicPrincess

I SO have to go see that!!!! I'm not too far from there :) great shot!!!!!
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!