Shaw's and Star Market

Started by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB, April 20, 2005, 09:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

new shaw's in east hartford in the ames plaza

d_fife

shaw's in glastonbury CT (I wonder what it was before shaw's) and not far from the east hartford one.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
shaw's in glastonbury CT (I wonder what it was before shaw's) and not far from the east hartford one.

glastonbury

d_fife

d_fife

shaw's in west hartford CT: i was there at 7 am,

d_fife

shaw's in west hartford CT: i was there at 7 am,

west hartford ct

d_fife

new 65,000 sq.ft. shaw's in canton CT in the big plaza.

d_fife

new 65,000 sq.ft. shaw's in canton CT in the big plaza.

canton shaws

d_fife

shaw's bristol CT (CAn ya beleive it it is right next to price chopper)

d_fife

shaw's in southington CT and it looks unusual!

d_fife

shaw's southington CT

d_fife

shaw's southington CT

shaw's sign southington

d_fife

shaw's in new britian CT near the plainville line

d_fife

where shaw's was original was in waterbury CT on wolcott st and was 50,000 sq.ft.

d_fife

where shaw's was original was in waterbury CT on wolcott st and was 50,000 sq.ft.

current shaw's in waterbury CT at brass mill commons plz

AmesNewington

Quick Question:

Does anyone know if the older Shaws (as pictured above) are getting renovated? A month ago, I was in the Newington Shaws and it was frankly falling apart, they took out the bank, and a chunk of their health and beauty department was empty. That store, along with many CT stores opened in 1996 with the same design.

Marc82

Hey D-Fife!!!!! The Bristol and Southington stores are where I used to work!!!! The one in Southington used to be Edwards as was the one in West Hartford. Price Chopper in Waterbury is where Shaw's used to be. And that too was an Edwards. Shaw's didn't want Price Chopper to open next door to them in Bristol, but since Shaw's has a different landlord they didn't have much say in it. Price Chopper also threatened to sue the city of Bristol if they werent allowed to open there.

Did you go inside the store? The unusal paint job was done between the hours of 830PM and 330AM back in March. I did it along with 3 other co-workers. We didn't pick out the colors though.

And to AmesNewington - The Southingotn Store has been on life support for many years. They did a little bit of remodeling after I left in May of this year. I heard West Hartford is supposed to be torn down and a new one built in its place.  And a lot of people in Southington say Shaw's missed the boat by not buying the former AMES or KMART. If they had bought either one I really think Price Chopper wouldn't have come to town.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Hey D-Life!!!!! The Bristol and Southington stores are where I used to work!!!! The one in Southington used to be Edwards as was the one in West Hartford. Price Chopper in Waterbury is where Shaw's used to be. And that too was an Edwards. Shaw's didn't want Price Chopper to open next door to them in Bristol, but since Shaw's has a different landlord they didn't have much say in it. Price Chopper also threatened to sue the city of Bristol if they werent allowed to open there.

Did you go inside the store? The unusal paint job was done between the hours of 830PM and 330AM back in March. I did it along with 3 other co-workers. We didn't pick out the colors though.

And to AmesNewington - The Southingotn Store has been on life support for many years. They did a little bit of remodeling after I left in May of this year. I heard West Hartford is supposed to be torn down and a new one built in its place.  And a lot of people in Southington say Shaw's missed the boat by not buying the former AMES or KMART. If they had bought either one I really think Price Chopper wouldn't have come to town.

I did not go in the store. IT seems shaw's bought out a lot of edwards supermarkets. but shaw's must think their southington store is big enough.

Why is the west hartford one getting torn down, it looked big enough. man all these supermarkets want their stores to be 75,000 sq.ft. (like some stop and shops have gone through 2 changes in 20 yrs!!!!!!!!!!).

d_fife

shaw's in hamden ct in hamden plaza

d_fife

shaw's in hamden ct in hamden plaza

hamden ct

d_fife

shaw's in wallingford ct that opened 10 yrs ago and not far from super wal-mart.

d_fife

d_fife

shaw's ellsworth me that is 55,000 sq.ft. and opened 1995 and a 40,000 sq.ft. zayre then IGA.

d_fife

shaw's ellsworth me that is 55,000 sq.ft. and opened 1995 and a 40,000 sq.ft. zayre then IGA.

ellsworth

d_fife

ellsworth

ellsworth sign

d_fife

shaw's in rockland maine and it was expanded from 40,000 to 52,000 sq.ft. I have pictures of it in 2001, but I have to digitize them. it opened 1987 or 1986.

d_fife

shaw's in rockland maine and it was expanded from 40,000 to 52,000 sq.ft. I have pictures of it in 2001, but I have to digitize them. it opened 1987 or 1986.

rockland me

d_fife

rockland me

rockland me

d_fife

rockland me

rockland me

rockland me

d_fife

rockland me

rockland me

rockland me

rockland me