AMESFANCLUB
July 21, 2017, 10:32:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 7/12  --------Jon here! WASSUP?Huh?Huh?

Start some topics..........

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  
Author Topic: JC Penney  (Read 68971 times)
EddieJ1984

« Reply #510 on: March 02, 2017, 05:13:31 AM »

Doesn't surprise me they are closing Willow Grove, as said here the layout is weird in that store. It opened in 2012 when they were really trying to change themselves, so it opened with that weird layout and at the time the blue square jcp logo.

I think with the macy's closures, jcpenneys and surely more sears closures, it is going to be a really trying time for malls.
Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #511 on: March 02, 2017, 06:19:39 AM »

Doesn't surprise me they are closing Willow Grove, as said here the layout is weird in that store. It opened in 2012 when they were really trying to change themselves, so it opened with that weird layout and at the time the blue square jcp logo.

I think with the macy's closures, jcpenneys and surely more sears closures, it is going to be a really trying time for malls.

But the BIG question is what will malls replace said stores with? My guess is maybe repurpose the stores as more retail space for smaller stores.
mixedday
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #512 on: March 17, 2017, 10:47:42 AM »

That's assuming Boscov's even WANTS to open here, though.

Boscov's already has two stores within 15 minutes of Willow Grove (Plymouth Meeting & Neshaminy) AND previously closed 3 other stores near Willow Grove: Montgomery Mall, Franklin Mills Mall, and a freestanding store on Godfrey Ave.

I think Willow Grove will likely gut this space and reclaim it as mall space. The same thing was done 15 years ago to a former Abraham & Straus/Strawbridge's in King of Prussia, and it's been doing well ever since then (The Pavillion at KOP).

I agree that I doubt Boscov's would have interest in the site; Boscov's adequately covers most of the Philadelphia market. Probably the only area Boscov's would want to open is in Quakerbridge Mall, but there are no vacant anchors to get in there.

One area Boscov's might do well is in Owings Mills, MD. It served that mall when it had to compete with macy's and JCP, but closed a location there.
http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2016/12/13/demolition-of-owings-mills-mall-isunderway-as.html

The mall is being gutted but will be redeveloped as an outdoor or big box center, and Boscov's might do well as a central tenant, sole department store. Unless Boscov's can get in Columbia Mall (Columbia MD) bit that's doubtful. Assuming no Columbia store, I think that Boscov's could enhance their position in the Baltimore market by serving the western side of the Baltimore metropolitan area again. The White Marsh store covers the North/Northeast side of the market. As a detached mall site, it could be like their Christiana store or Granite Run.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:59:43 AM by mixedday » Logged
mixedday
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #513 on: March 17, 2017, 10:56:20 AM »

JCPenney store closing list:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/138-jc-penney-stores-close-130436124.html

The Philadelphia area has been hit hard.

I wonder if high rent or just too much competition is forcing JCPenney out of King of Prussia.

JCPenney has closed Exton, Granite Run, and will soon close Willow Grove, King of Prussia and Philadelphia Mills. The latter was a small site like the Willow Grove site. JCPenney's only presence west of the DE river in the PA suburbs of Philly will be Montgomery and Oxford Valley, and Oxford Valley is quite north.
standa

« Reply #514 on: March 17, 2017, 10:57:46 AM »

The store in Milford, CT will be closing. Alexander's was in that space previously. Does anyone remember Alexander's? It was a NY chain.
danfifepsu
Ames In their blood!

« Reply #515 on: March 17, 2017, 08:34:55 PM »

The store in Milford, CT will be closing. Alexander's was in that space previously. Does anyone remember Alexander's? It was a NY chain.

why wll it close? what wll it become.
danfifepsu
Ames In their blood!

« Reply #516 on: March 17, 2017, 08:35:50 PM »

OK why are PAllasades and King of PRussia closing.

and the one in Maine closing is in Rockland. its a old Small one in a WT GRANT

LAnesbor Mass one in the BErkshire Mall is closing. they lost Macys and Best Buy.
standa

« Reply #517 on: March 18, 2017, 07:50:47 AM »

why wll it close? what wll it become.

Here is the article about its closing.

http://www.nhregister.com/business/20170317/jc-penney-at-connecticut-post-in-milford-mall-to-close
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #518 on: April 14, 2017, 12:28:15 AM »

But only for six weeks; the stores will close by July 31
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/13/jc-penney-postponing-store-closures-and-liquidation-sales.html
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:36:37 AM by retailisking » Logged
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #519 on: April 30, 2017, 09:36:13 PM »

Some of the locations are head-scratchers, like the one in the dead Steeplegate Mall in Concord, NH
http://clark.com/shopping-retail/major-change-jcp-sephora/
Zayre88
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #520 on: May 02, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »

Some of the locations are head-scratchers, like the one in the dead Steeplegate Mall in Concord, NH
http://clark.com/shopping-retail/major-change-jcp-sephora/

I don't get it either...

retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #521 on: June 21, 2017, 04:18:57 PM »

Store #26 dates back to 1911
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  

Jump to: