Main Menu

JC Penney

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

next the cool looking "P" itself :yup:

seeing this "Penney's" logo gives me reason why the current logo looks so boring IMO:roll:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

next a typical Catalog from 1973:yup:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

typical 1970s store:cool:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

1990s new store design:)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

100th anniversery logo:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::cool:

okay thats all from the offical website

but theres more history pics on the website

I just didn't want to post all of them! lol:insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

heres a new building type the designers called it "visionary" or something like that

well it looks silly because from the pic it looks like the name "JCPenney" has been sliced through! lol:duh::P:insane:

Jag67

heheh the 1973 catalog sure is funny.The Penneys logo (the current one) seems very 70's-ish to me, especially the font.

Caldor1999

hears a pic of a JC Penny Catlog showroom store guess it couldent compeat wit Service Merchandise JC Penny closed the chain in 2001
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB

seeing this "Penney's" logo gives me reason why the current logo looks so boring IMO:roll:

i love the logo and that P too i wish they still had this logo hears an idea JC Penny can sell the clouchs and the Jewlrei and Pennys can sell Dept store stuff like house were ect they cal split them, up into diffrent chains and still haveing store named as JC Penny and Pennys kinda like Filene's and Filene's Basment:bounce:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

i love the logo and that P too i wish they still had this logo hears an idea JC Penny can sell the clouchs and the Jewlrei and Pennys can sell Dept store stuff like house were ect they cal split them, up into diffrent chains and still haveing store named as JC Penny and Pennys kinda like Filene's and Filene's Basment:bounce:

Interesting idea Caldor 1999!

"JC Penney Jewelery & Apparel

and Penney's Department Stores"

could be the names

BTW talking about JCPenney's seperate specialty stores there used to be one in Manchester,CT called "JCPenney Warehouse" a store housed in a real warehouse right inside one of JCPenney's Distribution centers! :yup:

I remember it was a HUGE store BIGGER THAN THE AVERAGE WALMART!:o it was very dark inside and had warehouse lighting! :cool:

It sold everthing from clothes to books at I believe affordable prices,sadly they've closed it down for possible financial reasons in the company now its just a distribution center sigh:no: :( :hurt:

I'm hoping they could reopen it someday.:rolleyes::D:)

truviking05

Next the cool looking "Penney's" logo from 1965-1971:bounce:

first one pic of logo on building

Wow--that store is almost identical to my local JCPenney's. But mine has the "new" logo :)

Zayre88

Here's the JCPenney in Waterville ME.  It's a one-level store located in a shopping plaza, not a mall... :tumble:

Jag67

heheheh...:insane:

jmn3

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
So jmn3, you're saying there were still stores with the old 60's JCP logo up untill about 1994-95? WOW. Actually, I can expect that from Penneys, as most of their stores are terribly old and outdated (Eastern Hills). The "new"logo hasbeen around at least since 1979, because the Dixie Square Penneys had the "new" logo for a while, and that place closed in 1979. It's very obvious the Boulevard JCP had the old logo, because the "new" one doesn't really fit.

Jag...bare with me...I'm not POSITIVE on the dates..but I know this much...Thruway and Seneca Mall both had the 1960's "Penney's" logo and had them until both locations closed in 1989 when Galleria opened.  Boulevard and Eastern Hills had them through the 80's and into the 90's but I am not totally sure when they were rebranded with the "new" logo.  At Boulevard, even once the main signage said JCPenney, at the entrance on the Niagara Falls Blvd. side of the store, the little sign that used to hang underneath the overhang over the door used to be with the old "penney's" logo.  THis was there until probably 1996.  

There was a store I used to drive by on my way down south at a mall in Altoona PA that had the "Penney's" logo until like '97 or '98!

Jag67

sorry lol..man, that's interesting. I probably passed under that sign a hundred times without realizing it (not being able to read back in those days didn't help). The Eastern Hills store must not have had the old logo very long..the Eastern Hills location was built the year the "new" JCP logo came out (1971) so it was probably replaced very soon. Or, knowing Penneys, it could've stayed up a while!!

Caldor1999

a 1999 JC Penny catlog i saved fro all these years ok so u think 1999 might not be old YET but it soon will i mean some of this stuff in a way is out dated
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

trhis has to be old there sellling Spice Girls dools for crying out loud LOL
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Stuff from 1999 is considered outdated ALLREADY??!! And I used to think teenage girls were weird!!!

BTW, The Spice Girls sucked:bigsmile:

Caldor1999

Stuff from 1999 is considered outdated ALLREADY??!! And I used to think teenage girls were weird!!!

not all of it but some stufff
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

ahh:D

ooooookay!

lol:rolleyes::insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

a better look

AHHHH the days before Jcpenney went to the "logo inside square" look:rolleyes:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

lets see

the year 2005 minus 1999

hmmmmmm.

--------

Thats only 6 years old thats not THAT old!;)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

trhis has to be old there sellling Spice Girls dools for crying out loud LOL

man oh man those were crazy days

Spice Girls!?

LOL:insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

sorry lol..man, that's interesting. I probably passed under that sign a hundred times without realizing it (not being able to read back in those days didn't help). The Eastern Hills store must not have had the old logo very long..the Eastern Hills location was built the year the "new" JCP logo came out (1971) so it was probably replaced very soon. Or, knowing Penneys, it could've stayed up a while!!

I hope when its replaced its not replaced by THIS logo!:mad::insane::P

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

I hope when its replaced its not replaced by THIS logo!:mad::insane::P

But I hope its replaced by this one:yup:

Jag67

Originally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
Quoteooooookay!

lol:rolleyes::insane:

What I meant by "ahh" was "Oh I see" lol:roll:

truviking05

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Here's the JCPenney in Waterville ME.  It's a one-level store located in a shopping plaza, not a mall... :tumble:

There's a store like that in my town. One story, in a shopping plaza anchored by Big K-Mart, Winn Dixie, and Beall's (regional chain).

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by truviking05
QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88

There's a store like that in my town. One story, in a shopping plaza anchored by Big K-Mart, Winn Dixie, and Beall's (regional chain).

There's also one like that in Bennington, VT (of course the fact that Bennington doesn't have a mall might be the reason for it's location).;)