Main Menu

Mother

Started by EscheAmes, March 16, 2009, 04:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EscheAmes

My mother had a funny childhood stories that had to relate to ames, i found quite funny the other day.

When i was about 4 years old, i really wanted "Thomas The Tank Wooden Play Set". But the sale price back then was $500, i really really wanted it for christmas. And my mother (who just got divorced) felt really bad that she could not buy it for me. So she bought little stuff in between for me at stores, and after work at around 9:00PM she ran down to Ames (So she says :)) and looked around. She came across "Seasame Street Wooden Train Track, and it was clearance for 1.00 a box" she said on the back it said "Will work with Thomas the tank". Then she bought every one they had in stock, then she went to the Thomas the tank store and baught the engine and caboose set and i had a good X-mas :D.

Thanks Ames, your really "Amazing" :bigsmile:

wwefan101

kool  ames was a fun store

kendra

QuoteOriginally posted by EscheAmes
My mother had a funny childhood stories that had to relate to ames, i found quite funny the other day.

When i was about 4 years old, i really wanted "Thomas The Tank Wooden Play Set". But the sale price back then was $500, i really really wanted it for christmas. And my mother (who just got divorced) felt really bad that she could not buy it for me. So she bought little stuff in between for me at stores, and after work at around 9:00PM she ran down to Ames (So she says :)) and looked around. She came across "Seasame Street Wooden Train Track, and it was clearance for 1.00 a box" she said on the back it said "Will work with Thomas the tank". Then she bought every one they had in stock, then she went to the Thomas the tank store and baught the engine and caboose set and i had a good X-mas :D.

Thanks Ames, your really "Amazing" :bigsmile:

Awesome story -- very clever of your mom! Nicely done. :yup: