Eblens

Started by wwefan101, March 05, 2009, 06:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwefan101

i noticed the one in my town is closeing is it all or just some closeing i will  be posting a pic of the one in town later on today when i get  the time to

Marc82

Eblens sells urban/hip-hop style clothing. If there's not a large interest in that style of clothing in an area they shut the store down. That's what happened in Southington back in 04.

wwefan101

yea  i went in the one in town once ther not  cheep mabye blockbuster video  will  add on to ther store when  they close it

Bdubs

A Connecticut based clothing store.  They have stores in CT, Mass., RI, and parts of NY. 

Crystal Mall, in Waterford, CT has an Eblens slated to open in August of this year in the former Tweeter Etc. store which has also been a toy store, and Halloween store over the years. 

ynkeesfn82

Founded in 1949 in New Britain by two guys one named Ebb (it was short for something) and a guy named Len. I believe they were called Eblens Army-Navy Store. Today they're a hip-hop style clothing chain. Two stores that just opened in Connecticut are in Waterbury on Route 69 (Wolcott Street) in a small shopping center and in Manchester at the Buckland Hills Mall. We have one in Bristol just before Walmart. The original location in Southington is now Advanced Auto Parts and their replacement store is now a Goodwill Store. They're also at the Meriden Square Mall.

http://www.eblens.com/

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on July 09, 2012, 06:34:47 AM
Founded in 1949 in New Britain by two guys one named Ebb (it was short for something) and a guy named Len. I believe they were called Eblens Army-Navy Store. Today they're a hip-hop style clothing chain. Two stores that just opened in Connecticut are in Waterbury on Route 69 (Wolcott Street) in a small shopping center and in Manchester at the Buckland Hills Mall. We have one in Bristol just before Walmart. The original location in Southington is now Advanced Auto Parts and their replacement store is now a Goodwill Store. They're also at the Meriden Square Mall.

http://www.eblens.com/

An urban outfitter store....?? Jeez...I wish a true Army-Navy store was still around.

Bdubs

There was one in Colchester for around 8 or 9 years.  However, they went to "Urban Style" clothing, and well, due to the lack of urbaness in Colchester they decided to close the location. 

JimSawhill

Quote from: Bdubs on July 11, 2012, 08:57:52 PM
There was one in Colchester for around 8 or 9 years.  However, they went to "Urban Style" clothing, and well, due to the lack of urbaness in Colchester they decided to close the location. 

Eblen used to have a store on Main Street in Manchester, IIRC!

ynkeesfn82

They just opened at 2 Lakewood Road in Waterbury. Not sure what happened to their Wolcott Street store which was actually an "outlet" store.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on December 20, 2013, 10:00:28 AM
They just opened at 2 Lakewood Road in Waterbury. Not sure what happened to their Wolcott Street store which was actually an "outlet" store.

It's the old Blockbuster Video.

JimSawhill

Eblen, IIRC, has a store in East Hartford