Ocean State Job Lot bashing

Started by Marc82, March 03, 2009, 09:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

On Saturday I went to the Job Lot next to Price Chopper in Southington. (I went there instead of the one in Bristol because I had business to take care of in Southington). I was going through the calendars they were selling and found several calendars featuring the characters from the Disney Movie "Bambi". All had Ocean State Job Lot Stickers that said "$1.00" and there was a SKU number on them. I picked it up and brought it to the check out. It came to $2.12 with tax. I said "Hold on. Shouldn't it be only $1.06 with tax? The sticker says $1.00". Well the cashier typed in the SKU number and it turns out the sticker wasn't for the calendar, but for some other product. I told them every Bambi calendar had those stickers on it. She sent the Customer Service Manager over to the calendars to take the $1.00 stickers off the calendars. I don't see why I should have to pay for the idiotic employee's screw-up. (The one who stuck the $1.00 stickers on the calendar in the first place). :flaming:

kendra

I was trapped in Ocean State Job Lot today.

Fortunately, someone came and overrode the door so I could leave.

It was a bit frightening. :P

amesguy95

Went to an OSJL camping over the summer in Mass. These stores are absolutely DISGUSTING. Dirty, cheap, grimy. And they've copied Ames slogan... it's now "Bargains by the cartful." It starts by looking at the really ugly logo, and it doesn't get any better once you go inside. Horrific.

gu4ever

Well OSJL does almost nothing to convert their store's to a certain uniform image. That was lucky for me as I was looking to see what a large format Grand Union trelis store looked like in operation. Of course OSJL had their stuff thrown all about, but the flooring, wallpaper and trim, checkouts were all still in place so it was easy to visualize. Thanks to Billygr he helped confirm the department layout at this location.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

ynkeesfn82

Job Lot's return policy really sucks. My Mom bought an air mattress for me and it did not work. It would start to deflate slowly by itself. My Mom brought it back and was told that she could only exchange it for another. My Mom did not want another one. She figured it would have the same problem. After talking to a manager for a few minutes he made a phone call and was able to give my Mom a store credit. My Mom is still pissed at being out $85. I agree with my Mom that they should've either give her $85 in cash or put it back on her credit card. My Mom doesn't shop at Job LOt very often and therefore it will be a while before she even spends her entire $85 store credit.

BillyGr

Quote from: Marc B on September 29, 2013, 05:00:00 AM
Job Lot's return policy really sucks. My Mom bought an air mattress for me and it did not work. It would start to deflate slowly by itself. My Mom brought it back and was told that she could only exchange it for another. My Mom did not want another one. She figured it would have the same problem. After talking to a manager for a few minutes he made a phone call and was able to give my Mom a store credit. My Mom is still pissed at being out $85. I agree with my Mom that they should've either give her $85 in cash or put it back on her credit card. My Mom doesn't shop at Job LOt very often and therefore it will be a while before she even spends her entire $85 store credit.

At least here (the store pictured by gu4ever above) they have several signs in the area where the air beds are advertising that policy (which I believe is different than that for most other items). 
Perhaps your store needs to post it more clearly?

At least here the store is quite handy, given that there are no Walmart/Kmart/Target type stores within about a 15-20 mile trip.  They carry a number of items that the other stores in the area (Hannaford, local hardware, CVS) don't offer.

ynkeesfn82

The Southington, CT store is also way too small. I think it's only 24,000 square feet. It's really cramped. And it's worse in the spring/summer when they have plants, etc. They are also stuck. There is no large space available in town unless Price Chopper closes down and they divide that space. Supposedly they wanted KMART when they closed down, but they still had a lease so Price Chopper went in there instead.

scottw73

What used to be where OSJL in Southington is now??

ynkeesfn82

ynkeesfn82

Southington, Connecticut. Monday October 14th, 2013 around 4PM. 1 register open, 15 people in line, and the douche bag manager wouldn't open another register. He was just standing on the sales floor near the front end laughing.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on October 14, 2013, 03:33:21 PM
Southington, Connecticut. Monday October 14th, 2013 around 4PM. 1 register open, 15 people in line, and the douche bag manager wouldn't open another register. He was just standing on the sales floor near the front end laughing.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

He is a manage at ocean state job lot, If I was him, I would be crying! Lol

Jon_TheBarber

Place is the worst... got a frog floatie for my pool and it popped. Wouldnt accept return.. guess who got reported BBB
Live Mas