Somebody needs to make replacement plates for the scratched out Ames carts

Started by TRJ22487, February 28, 2009, 10:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRJ22487

I think this would be fantastic for someone to do. Even if they weren't plastic. Heck, I'd be happy with stickers if they looked good. I am in possession of an Ames cart that has had all three plates scratched out by OSJL

I am saving this cart from the outside world in my house and want to restore it back to it's rightful state, the way it SHOULD be

OSJL needs a punch to the metaphorical face for defacing all the carts

wwefan101

ift u do get pics of it  i wish i had one but who knows what the dudley one did with thers

videogamer75

I don't know about that, Jamesway carts were a lighter green and the logo box was in the middle.

TRJ22487

Either way, I got arrested today and had to return the cart :roll:

I took it from a former ames

patk

wwefan101

TRJ22487

QuoteOriginally posted by wwefan101
wow pepole here take shoping carts all the time

Yeah I was suprised personally the owner pressed charges
An elderly person reported me putting it in my car
It was the one Ames cart in about a fleet of 100 gray OSJL carts (odds all those carts get used?)

An officer showed up at my house and I showed him the cart
I had to drive back to the store and bring it back
I was arrested at the front of the store when I returned the cart and had to pay $40 bail, and will go to court April

But I'm not too worried, a little discouraged because I didn't get to restore the cart and wanted to keep it, but I got some good pictures. I had it for about 5 hours. I imagine I'm gonna get a fine and probably be banned from the premises.

I was just trying to preserve retail history!
Now the cart is at the police station, or possibly back at the store by now.
The store owner didn't even seem to recognize the cart at first, then finally he said "Yeah that one's ours"

wwefan101

thats dumb    i  almost got to keep a kmart cart it was out back of my house my old neghbors baught it home with them ii should hae baught  it in lol

TRJ22487

Simply having this picture is worth all of the fines and banning I can be given :roll:

wwefan101

lol i see shoping carts siting acrose the st a lot in the spring and  summer  from pepole  walking the stores and bringing home the shopingcarts they allways leave them in the parking lot of t he buffet acrose from me usley damaged

kendra

That is one of the funniest photos I have ever seen.

Well done. :tumble:

Mervyns

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
I don't know about that, Jamesway carts were a lighter green and the logo box was in the middle.  

Well I thought the shade of green was Jamesway's. They both used the same cart company, which I think was Rehrig. At a local store, I saw Ames and blacked-out green Kmart carts. From the 80's perhaps?

Caldor1999

they were grey with the logo on the middle theres some pictures of them if you look on the thred
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

videogamer75

Ameskid

Yes, but if you look at the handle, you can tell that it was Ames'.  Ames used a pod-like green handle that did not clasp on like Jamesway, but was attached with screws.  I will attempt to illustrate it.

=====( Ames   Ames   Ames )=====

whereas Jamesway's is more of

==|         Jamesway                |==
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

TRJ22487

this is New Hampshire. Jamesway never got anywhere close to here. It's Ames

Caldor1999

They had green ones too. Here's one courtesy of amesman:
oh yes they did have green ones as well as grey kinda like how caldor had both black and brown carts
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

videogamer75

Those Caldor brown carts are very rare! I haven't seen one in person. Did you ever find any of those?

Caldor1999

Those Caldor brown carts are very rare! I haven't seen one in person. Did you ever find any of those?  

sadley no ive only found the black ones i do remember seeing them when caldor was still open the one in my town was old but they redid evreything before it closed but they had a mix of the black and brown carts so i only remember them sadley if i ever find one im takeing it
Caldor Forever!

videogamer75

to be honest i think this was a very stupid thing to do i mean its obviously against the law, no matter how much you want it you cant just steal something from somewhere and run off with it even if it is just a shopping cart. osjl was still using the cart, it's their property, you had no right to take it without permission

Caldor1999

to be honest i think this was a very stupid thing to do i mean its obviously against the law, no matter how much you want it you cant just steal something from somewhere and run off with it even if it is just a shopping cart. osjl was still using the cart, it's their property, you had no right to take it without permission  

but im sure most of us have done it i mean i stole a peice of a caldor logo and took a bradlees recving sign i know alot of us do it maby takeing a cart is going a bit to far but when it comes down to it

the cart its self reallyy belonged to ames before not OSJL they really should just make there own carts and stop being so cheep
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by TRJ22487
QuoteOriginally posted by wwefan101
wow pepole here take shoping carts all the time

Yeah I was suprised personally the owner pressed charges
An elderly person reported me putting it in my car
It was the one Ames cart in about a fleet of 100 gray OSJL carts (odds all those carts get used?)

An officer showed up at my house and I showed him the cart
I had to drive back to the store and bring it back
I was arrested at the front of the store when I returned the cart and had to pay $40 bail, and will go to court April

But I'm not too worried, a little discouraged because I didn't get to restore the cart and wanted to keep it, but I got some good pictures. I had it for about 5 hours. I imagine I'm gonna get a fine and probably be banned from the premises.

I was just trying to preserve retail history!
Now the cart is at the police station, or possibly back at the store by now.
The store owner didn't even seem to recognize the cart at first, then finally he said "Yeah that one's ours"

try and take it at night when no ones there thats how i got my bradlees recving sign
Caldor Forever!

TRJ22487

It's not a big deal I ended up getting a red one the next weekend, which I posted pictures of in the Ames Carts Thread

Ohhh, poor OSJL! I'm tearing up, really.

Only sad thing is I'm not wanted around the Ames I spent so much time in anymore!

My problem is I was just so careless when I took that green one.

Seriously though, I know so many people that have taken a cart just for the sake of taking it, not because of the specific store it came from

I agree with Caldor1999, OSJL should not have defaced all of the carts they did. Retail history down the drain
It was their one Ames cart out of a fleet of 200 grey red sticker carts. Something tells me they found the one I took out in the woods some time after they bought the building, and just took the cart in and scratched out the logos. Maybe not, who knows. The owner definitely didn't even recognize the cart when I brought it back hahaha

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by TRJ22487
It's not a big deal I ended up getting a red one the next weekend, which I posted pictures of in the Ames Carts Thread

Ohhh, poor OSJL! I'm tearing up, really.

Only sad thing is I'm not wanted around the Ames I spent so much time in anymore!

My problem is I was just so careless when I took that green one.

Seriously though, I know so many people that have taken a cart just for the sake of taking it, not because of the specific store it came from

I agree with Caldor1999, OSJL should not have defaced all of the carts they did. Retail history down the drain
It was their one Ames cart out of a fleet of 200 grey red sticker carts. Something tells me they found the one I took out in the woods some time after they bought the building, and just took the cart in and scratched out the logos. Maybe not, who knows. The owner definitely didn't even recognize the cart when I brought it back hahaha

haha well its OSJL i did try and take an old caldor cart home from a vacant location near me but it woudent fit in my friend car sadley when i went back with mine it was long gone

as for the red ames cart nice find sadley there are no more ames near me the nearst one became a hannaford about a year ago and the store was newer and used the green carts

Caldor Forever!

C. Fontaine

I grabbed three of mine from the former Rocky Hill Ames before it turned into Porter & Chester.  The building was vacant and there was Ames carts all over the place.  I actually had a police officer drive by and watch while my brother and I were loading them, and we never got stopped.

The only time I grabbed a cart from active stores was in Dudley, after Big Lots and Grossmans took over the Ames space.  Neither of them were using the Ames cart and it was just kind of lurking in the parking lot.  So a friend and I just walked out of the parking lot with it and pushed it up the street to my house!

retailfan

LOL I can remember  when i was younge me and a friend  made a car well sorta  a car out of a metal cart  My guess is Tway or Arlyns as those stores were closest to wher he lived
itsat the bottom of a half finished building  that was full of water  Not sure wh they never built them  but it was full of fish and turtles  the place the fish came from is all gone now and was filled in to build a franks and a strip mall  it was a neat  pond lake  had goldfish and little islands
Ther building was fenced in  several years ago but as far as i know sill sits there at the back of the parking lot  full of carts
Ill check next time im in that area

jmcnamara96

Today i just saw a poor walgreens cart by a drop off box down the street i got pics but my usb cord is in my moms car and shes at work so ill add it later walgreens is 7 blocks away!

C. Fontaine

Hey TRJ, I was thinking of this situation today.  Saw a cart I wanted to grab but in a way too busy parking lot.  What ever happened???

NJxxJon

No carts ever around central here........I think because we have a few scrap recycle places in the area....  ::)
JN