Fiat coming back to North America

Started by XDeSuEhTX, February 20, 2009, 04:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XDeSuEhTX

So I've read recently that Fiat will now hold a 35% stake in Chrysler. They made the deal to provide Chrysler the platfrom to build smaller and more fuel effecient cars. But it also said the Fiat itself would begin to sell models in the US, which would be their second attempt. I think this is all set to happen as soon as next year.

Thoughts?
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

HoJofan206

My personal opinion is that Chrysler is a sinking ship.  As to where I can see GM about to come back smaller and stronger, I feel that Chrysler offers poor products and that, more than the ecomomy downturn itself will continue to cause the company to go in the wrong direction.  Aside from the mini van and the 300, really the company offers nothing on the road that you cant find elsewhere, but made with much better quality.  Of course, this is just my opinion.....

The Adamantium Elbow

Fiats were the biggest piles of crap in the universe. My father works in a body shop and he still remembers how back in the 70s the damn things were brand new and they were rusting on the dealership lots. Much as it pains me to say it this is gonna be the final nail in Chrysler's coffin.:flaming: