Sears bashing

Started by Caldor1999, April 16, 2005, 12:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

i feel they lost there way as a Deprtment store there nothing like Macys JC Penney Filene's Lord & Taylor Dillards even Montgomery Ward was better then them  Sears has got cheepy looking over the years they do sell good stuff but most of is not cheep
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

Yes, but you got to give them credit as one of if not the only old-school department store to still have an electronics department. Most stores like Penney's and such ditched them a long time ago.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Yes, but you got to give them credit as one of if not the only old-school department store to still have an electronics department. Most stores like Penney's and such ditched them a long time ago.

i think there good with selling Electronics and such but when it comes to outher stuff idd rather go to JC Penney or Macys just because they sell better stuff lol i also Moled for a Sears Catlog back in 1991 when i was 3:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

Heh now you can tell all the hott chicks you used to be a model.

Just Kidding. In all my 13 years of life i've never modeled for anybthing my I know somebody who has (They had to borrow one of my shirts). Anyway, ya I kinda like Penney's better, they're stuff's a little more high-end then sears. Sears is like the Wal-Mart of the old style department stores:bouncing:

Rich

Just Kidding. In all my 13 years of life i've never modeled for anybthing my I know somebody who has (They had to borrow one of my shirts). Anyway, ya I kinda like Penney's better, they're stuff's a little more high-end then sears. Sears is like the Wal-Mart of the old style department stores:bouncing:

I can't believe you're only 13.  You're by far one of the most literate people on this whole board.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Rich

I can't believe you're only 13.  You're by far one of the most literate people on this whole board.

most of on hear range from ages 13 to 19
Caldor Forever!

Anonymous

I'm 14! I think it's pretty interesting that so many in this age range find stores so interesting...I thought I was the only one! One of my favorite pastimes is to come and surf this site everyday after school. But yeah, on the topic of Sears...I think that they need to try harder to rejuvenate their image. My local store's fine, it's just that I don't buy much there anymore due to quality and style.

thedisneystore967

Acutally, i m only 11 , and in the fifth grade, so say hello to that...

HoJofan206

I too, find to be be impressive at some of the responses from some of the younger people who post in here.  It is very interesting that at such a young age they show an interest in such discussions.  Most of the stores discussed were allready gone by the time they were born.  Glad to see and read all that you guys post.  I too check this sight each day.

As for our local Sears.  They just spent a lot of money updating the inside and outside of the store.  Too bad it is about the ONLY thing left in the dead Washington Squar Mall.

BTW...I am 31 :yup:

Jag67

QuoteI can't believe you're only 13.  You're by far one of the most literate people on this whole board.

woah hey thanx. I dunno, old department stores just interest me. Don't know why.:bigsmile:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Well Sears may be nice on the outside but in reality they're real mean most of their stuff is overpriced to MAKE you use your credit card and so in the long run you end up paying for that charge for the next 20 years or so!

I know because my Mom and Dad told me they learned it the hard way my parents still haven't payed it off since our family used their credit cards so much.:flaming::mad:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
Well Sears may be nice on the outside but in reality they're real mean most of their stuff is overpriced to MAKE you use your credit card and so in the long run you end up paying for that charge for the next 20 years or so!

I know because my Mom and Dad told me they learned it the hard way my parents still haven't payed it off since our family used their credit cards so much.:flaming::mad:

thast Sears for u my parents nevre had that problem cause we did most of are shopping at Macys Filene's Caldor Service Merchandise JC Penny and such and they dident have to wory about that
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

my resion why i dont like Sears is because people make such a big deal about it lthey act all high class when they get something from Sear lol i find it cheep when they say ohh i got this from sear Sears is good when it comes to House were like frigges ovens furnter and hardwere the outher stuff they have sucks lol well its betetr then Wal Mart:bounce:
Caldor Forever!

store215

Sears clothes are blah and have no real style. (Everything looks like early-90's prep school leftovers). Jeans, even their own brand, our way overpriced. I used to get a lot of clothes when I was younger at Sears, but now most of it is from Penney's or Kohl's

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Sears clothes are blah and have no real style. (Everything looks like early-90's prep school leftovers). Jeans, even their own brand, our way overpriced. I used to get a lot of clothes when I was younger at Sears, but now most of it is from Penney's or Kohl's

Kohls Macys Bloomingdails Filene's Basment and mall stores
Caldor Forever!

Ameskid

Hey disneystore, I'm 11 and in the 5th grade too! Hope you veterans don't mind us young guns.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

amesman

don't worry about it, I'm only 17..hehe.

KyleRF

I am 14 years old. I have been here for almost 3 months now. I'm a proud member! ;)

Anyways, Sears is not that bad. My family and I go there for appliances and some clothes I have are from Sears.

KyleRF

Hey I don't think Ameskid remembers Jamesway or Caldor do you?

Ameskid

No, we had absolutely no Jamesway, Caldor, Bradlees, or anything of that sort here in Cincinnati. We did, however, have an Ames that opened and closed in 1991.

d_fife

sears hardware in schenectady is closing

Ameskid

Oh, that's right. I forgot to mention that the one down the road from me closed and is still vacant. We still, however, have one in Eastgate Mall. I like them, and they have cool clothes and reliable tools.

beachgal26

As long as we're revealing our ages, I guess that I am the senior member at a ripe old 53!  I do, however, like Sears and will always buy all our appliances, hardware, etc. there as there is no one else who has the consistent quality that Sears has.

I do miss their Christmas Wish books and remember how cool it was to get that one and the one from Wards and everyone fought over who got to make their list up first.

Ahh, the good old days............

;) :P ;)

powersbt

Ah, another one who feels that Sears puts out Quality products. Glad to see that. Better Watchout, the youngems are gonna be all over it bashing your opinion.

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgal26
As long as we're revealing our ages, I guess that I am the senior member at a ripe old 53!  I do, however, like Sears and will always buy all our appliances, hardware, etc. there as there is no one else who has the consistent quality that Sears has.

I do miss their Christmas Wish books and remember how cool it was to get that one and the one from Wards and everyone fought over who got to make their list up first.

Ahh, the good old days............

;) :P ;)

Ameskid

No we're not! Maybe 76Amesfanmanguy, or whoever he is, would've, but I like Sears. They've sold quality stuff ever since they began.

JordanMarsh

I've never had any problems with Sears, I at one time used to hold a Sears CC and used to shop there frequently. I know the Sears here in Canada used to be a store chain called Simpson's-Sears until Hudson's Bay Company acquired Simpson's and due to federal competition law, the partnership had to be ended so all Simpson's-Sears were converted to just "Sears" and Sears Canada was born. Sears Holding Inc. currently owns 54.3% of Sears Canada but in January made a bid to buy the remaining shares to take the company private.

Caldor1999

no there good for like selling TV or hardwere or ac's or an oven stuff like thatv there good at selling bui anything elses tehre just isent that great
Caldor Forever!

JordanMarsh

Well the Sears near me mostly offers:

Appliances
Electronics
Power Tools
Catalogue Center
Portrait Studio
Kitchen Appliances & Kitchenwares
Shoes & Mens, Women's Clothing
Cosmetics
Hair Salon

I believe most of their business comes from the many catalogues they put out during the year (3 main and a dozen smaller ones).

Zayre88

A little note about Sears:  Kmart transformed their logo with the Target logo in mind  -->  bullseye over the Target name, big plain red "K" over the Kmart name and now Sears flyers have a new kind of two tone "S" over the sears name...!!

I can't understand why they keep changing the logos in hope of improving something... image or sales or...???

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
A little note about Sears:  Kmart transformed their logo with the Target logo in mind  -->  bullseye over the Target name, big plain red "K" over the Kmart name and now Sears flyers have a new kind of two tone "S" over the sears name...!!

I can't understand why they keep changing the logos in hope of improving something... image or sales or...???

therer bouth trying to copy off target yea its working for kmart but not Sears  Sears is trying to hard to be like a discount store when really ther a dept store
Caldor Forever!