P.C. Richard & Son

Started by TRU7536, February 18, 2009, 10:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Where in Enfield? The old Bernie's or somewhere else?

TRU7536

Quote from: ynkeesfn82 on October 25, 2010, 04:03:51 PM
Where in Enfield? The old Bernie's or somewhere else?

Former Circuit City

irichluck21

Not impressed with the store at all. I don't know why they opened so many stores all at once either.
Went into the Enfield store on a Friday around 7. Although the parking lot was packed everyone was at Fridays, Home Depot or the Dollar Tree. About 6 staff members working. I noticed 2 guests working with two employees.

A salesperson immediately walked up to us as we walked in the store, and started asking us questions. It was rather obnoxious. Say hello, welcome us to the store and let us know he is there to help...not bombard us with questions on what we wanted to buy.

We were looking for blu-ray dvd home theater sets. We sort of looked around the store. I wasn't impressed with the quality of some of the merchandise. The set up of the store seemed dated. Again the same salesperson approached us and started asking questions and giving us information about the flat screen tvs - which we didn't want. At that point my husband had to interrupt the salesperson and told him thank you, we will come find him if we would like to purchase something. He said ok and then stood next to us not leaving...as we moved around the electronics department he continued to follow us closely. He seemed so desperate, it turned us off completely.

Don't think we will be going back to the store the wasn't impressed with it. The female manager was texting on her phone by the front door when we were walking out, didn't even acknowledge us.

Obviously, everyone wants a salesperson who is willing to help- however- this man was overkill...it was obvious that he needed a sale and wanted that commission.

TRU7536

The stories i can tell you about this company! I was laid off in August and worked their until i found a real job lol. This company is just straight horrible and treat their employees like garbage. As the above poster stated, yes the sales people do follow you and harrass you, but that is  because they are forced too!! Its not their choice, trust me! Their DM is a short troll that is the devil He watches the cameras and i remember on New Years Eve, the store was to close at 7pm and he called to tell to stay open another 45 mins!! They can ask one customer a billion times if they need help bc they have to, its sad and they hate to ask.

Alot of the employees are former Bernies Employees and they always talk about how wonderful that place was and how much they hate PCR. The managers i feel the worse for, the DM and upper management is pure evil and have no sense of how to run things and understand the CT market. They have a thing about batteries and try to force in on all customers.

Their stores look outdated and just plain boring looking, trying to shove the PCR history done our throats and blah this and blah that. Alot of their products are like frickin stuffty Walmart type crap. Sorry, i still prefer Best Buy.

ynkeesfn82

I noticed within the past 2 weeks the commercials for P.C. Richards & Son are now promoting that they're selling mattresses. Guess they are taking a page from the now-defunct Bernie's chain, which also sold mattresses.