P.C. Richard & Son

Started by TRU7536, February 18, 2009, 10:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRU7536

I dont know if anyone has ever posted abut them. There a New York based store like Best Buy and Noboby Beats the Wiz. The first P.C. Richard opened in 1909 in Brooklyn. Their located in New York and New Jersey. I hope with the closure of Circuit City they can expand into the CT market and take over some of the soon former CC stores.

videogamer75

I've heard of them. They are famous for their Union, NJ store, which is actually shaped like a giant cruise ship. It was originally a restaurant, which later closed and became Nobody Beats The Wiz electronics store, and now P.C. Richard and Son. It was also featured in Weird NJ Magazine. :)

scottw73

Just heard that they will be opening their first CT location this summer in an Old Circuit City building in Norwalk, CT

http://www.wfsb.com/news/18965964/detail.html

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by scottw73
Just heard that they will be opening their first CT location this summer in an Old Circuit City building in Norwalk, CT

http://www.wfsb.com/news/18965964/detail.html

Cool.

DerangedHermit

If PC Richard & Son can make it on Long Island and in NYC, they can make it anywhere.

My parents have picked up their washer and dryer from clearance at PC Richards for really good prices - better than even Best Buy. Nothing like barely cracking $250 for a name-brand dryer with a multi-year warranty.

TRU7536

MikeRa

The only location I think i'm aware of is in the Ozone Park/Jamacia area of Quenns, NYC, just near the Howard Beach Waldbaum's and near the combo NYRA's Aqueduct Racetrack/The Home Depot property on Rockaway Boulevard.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

DerangedHermit

The ones I've passed by that I know of:

- Patchogue
- Middle Island
- Bay Shore
- Deer Park
- Stony Brook/Lake Grove
- Riverhead
- Hauppauge

Patchogue does pretty decent business despite people having to pass by Best Buy to get to it, Middle Island is meh, and Deer Park is the clearance center, too. I haven't been in any of them besides the first two.

TRU7536

They just celebrated 100 years and its a very respectable company in the tri-state area. Here is the Norwalk CT location (former Circuit City)

Marc82

Awesome. I've been familiar with them for several years as I've been an occasional reader of the NY Post and they advertise in there a lot.

standa

PC Richard will open in a few months in the former Linens n Things in Milford, CT and the former Circuit City in North Haven, CT.

TRU7536

Quote from: standa on January 30, 2010, 09:09:00 AM
PC Richard will open in a few months in the former Linens n Things in Milford, CT and the former Circuit City in North Haven, CT.

and looks like they plan on opening four more throughout the year in CT. I can see the former CC in Manchester and Newington being PC Richards soon!

AmesNewington

Quote from: TRU7536 on January 30, 2010, 07:16:56 PM

and looks like they plan on opening four more throughout the year in CT. I can see the former CC in Manchester and Newington being PC Richards soon!

Sounds good to me. Let's hope your theory becomes a reality. We need another option for electronics. Comparison shopping is much better. Plus, the Newington Best Buy is always SO packed.

TRU7536

Quote from: AmesNewington on January 30, 2010, 11:26:53 PM

Sounds good to me. Let's hope your theory becomes a reality. We need another option for electronics. Comparison shopping is much better. Plus, the Newington Best Buy is always SO packed.

Here is the article
http://www.twice.com/article/446204-P_C_Richard_Entering_Philly_Expanding_In_New_England.php

Marc82

Southington needs an electronics retailer now that Bernies is gone. All there is Radio Shaft. Bristol needs one too. PCR can subdivide the former Shaw's if they wanted Bristol or Southington. Bernies is only 20000 Sq. Feet in Southington. Don't know if that's big enuff. Just like I don't know if the old Stop & Shop in Bristol is big enuff. There's also the old LNT in Plainville. Meriden has an old CC in front of the Mall (Best Buys in the mall) and there's the old Railroad Salvage too. Waterbury has an old LNT. I wonder why Best Buy never opened in Waterbury. Is everything to the left of Bernies in Waterbury still empty or is that where that new jump place opened?

TRU7536

Quote from: Marc B on January 30, 2010, 11:57:47 PM
Southington needs an electronics retailer now that Bernies is gone. All there is Radio Shaft. Bristol needs one too. PCR can subdivide the former Shaw's if they wanted Bristol or Southington. Bernies is only 20000 Sq. Feet in Southington. Don't know if that's big enuff. Just like I don't know if the old Stop & Shop in Bristol is big enuff. There's also the old LNT in Plainville. Meriden has an old CC in front of the Mall (Best Buys in the mall) and there's the old Railroad Salvage too. Waterbury has an old LNT. I wonder why Best Buy never opened in Waterbury. Is everything to the left of Bernies in Waterbury still empty or is that where that new jump place opened?

I don't see a company like this opening in either Soutington or Bristol. They aren't big enough markets and companies like this want areas like Manchester, Newington, Milford, etc. Best Buy doesnt have a store in Waterbury?? Wow

Marc82

Quote from: TRU7536 on January 31, 2010, 09:19:41 PM
Best Buy doesnt have a store in Waterbury?? Wow

There's two places in Waterbury that would be perfect for Best Buy or PCR - Brass Mill Center. There's a vacant Shaw's Supermarket in the Brass Mill Commons and a vacant Steve & Barry's inside the Brass Mill Mall.

DerangedHermit

PC Richard stores aren't usually all that big. The ones on Long Island are usually smaller than the majority of big-box stores.

TRU7536

Not only are the former Circuit Citys in Milford and North Haven becoming PC stores, looks like Danbury will soon!

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Danbury-retail-market-takes-baby-steps-to-412976.php

AmesNewington

Well TRU, your prediction MAY be right. Based on the article I just read, P.C. Richard and Sons will plan on moving in to the former Circuit City locations in Manchester and Newington some time this summer. What confused me is that the article said they PLAN on opening, but then they go on to say they are not definite. Nonetheless, I'm happy to hear this, and added competition in the Electronic store arena is welcome.

Link:
http://www.courant.com/business/hc-hc-pc-richards-store.artmay11,0,1926258.story

TRU7536

told ya lol.. It was only matter of time bc Manchester and Newington are two big markets. I also see Waterford and maybe Waterbury as other markets.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TRU7536 on May 11, 2010, 06:31:25 PM
told ya lol.. It was only better of time bc Manchester and Newington are two big markets. I also see Waterford and maybe Waterbury as other markets.

Waterbury would be nice. Now that Bernies is gone there is no Electronic's store in Da Dirty Water. They never had a Circuity City, Tweeter, or Best Buy. No doubt PC Richards can take the old Bernies on the corner of Lakewood Road and Wolcott Street in the old Caldor or they open in the old Linen's & Things on Wolcott Street. They could also sub-divide the old Steve & Barry's at the Brass Mill Mall. Maybe both chains - Best Buy & PC Richard can come to Waterbury. Why not? Meriden got Circuit City and Best Buy at the same time.

TRU7536

i am really suprised that Ghettoberry doesnt have a store like Best Buy or even a circuit city.

MikeRa

P.C. Richard & Son opened 3 stores in the philadelphia area, all in former Circuit City location.  The P.C. Richard & Son/Circuit City at the SE corner of Bustelton and Cottman Avenue started as a car dealership.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

TRU7536

Newington and Manchester are set to open in August.

TRU7536

The sign is officially up on the former CC that PC Richards is coming soon!

TRU7536

Manchester opened today 08/11 and Newington openes 08/18. I am very dissapointed about what they did with the Newington store. All they did was repaint it while Norwalk and North Haven got a total redesign on the outside. First picture in the store in North Haven while the second one is the inside of the one in Milford. Also read that Bernies of Enfield will become PC Richards.

TRU7536

Here is a picture of the Danbury store. I went to the Manchester store today and its just like the Newington one, just a repainted version of CC. I dont know why because they redid the outside on all the other CT locations. I walked in and left after 30 seconds as it was my first time ever in PC. Was dissapointed, they are big on TV's and applicances, but thats it. No DVD's or CD's, their video games section was HORRIBLE and Walmart offers better selection in Computers (and thats an insult bc Walmart Computer sections sucks!). I wasnt impressed and prefer Best Buy. I understand that PC NY stores are small, but walking in Manchester their was so much open space!

ynkeesfn82

Although currently being used as a location for Spirit Halloween Store, I heard PC Richards is looking at the former Bernie's on Lakewood Road in Waterbury, CT.

TRU7536

Here is the PC Richard of Manchester. Enfield is set to open in november and they also built a 100,000 sf warehouse in Bridgeport.