Greenfields

Started by XISMZERO, February 16, 2009, 11:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XISMZERO

Greenfields was a small market which had a location in Plainville, CT.

Not sure if they were a chain outside of Connecticut but they closed up in the early 90's when Big Y bought the property now owned by Blockbuster Video and CVS.

All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's a vintage "Greenfields" sign I found today in New Britain, CT across from the police station, near Columbus Plaza and the railroad crossing.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Marc82

The lot where the New Britain Greenfields used to be is supposed to become a bus depot when they finish that stupid New Britain to Hartford busline.

RogerAnthony

I remember two Greenfields.  One was one the Berlin Turnpike near the Newington Cinema.  The other was at Bishops Corner in West Hartford where Staples is now.

JimSawhill

Quote from: RogerAnthony on February 20, 2009, 08:42:42 PM
I remember two Greenfields.  One was one the Berlin Turnpike near the Newington Cinema.  The other was at Bishops Corner in West Hartford where Staples is now.

Another Greenfield's was in East Hartford in the old East Hartford Plaza (torn down to expand Coke). The Greenfield was an old Food Mart next to Topp's Discount City.

Joeg

I remember the one in West Haven CT that did a Million dollars its opening week sometime in 1981!!

JimSawhill

Quote from: Joeg on April 10, 2012, 06:08:54 PM
I remember the one in West Haven CT that did a Million dollars its opening week sometime in 1981!!

Where was that store located at... what's there now??

Joeg

I think they tore it down.  I think for awhile it was a Grossmans.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Joeg on April 14, 2012, 03:54:22 PM
I think they tore it down.  I think for awhile it was a Grossmans.

Jeez, a Grossman's.... (think of the stores a DEAD MALL the size of Mall of America could have in it!!)