Main Menu

Pharmacies

Started by Mervyns, February 16, 2009, 02:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mervyns

Did Ames have a pharmacy? One of my relatives has a pill counter with the Ames logo.

wwefan101

i know dudley never did but again the dudley one was small and boring in a way

videogamer75

Now that I think about it, I don't remember Ames having a pharmacy. Wal-Mart actually introduced the concept of pharmacies in discount stores, which they have had since the 1970's. It wasn't until the 1990's that other similar stores followed suit.

Ames#1171

I believe the Ames Pharmacy was a Mail-Order/On-Line Pharmacy.  There were no actual pharmacy departments in any Ames store.

Ames" border="0

standa

I know Caldor had pharmacies in some stores since at least the 1980s.

Mervyns

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
Now that I think about it, I don't remember Ames having a pharmacy. Wal-Mart actually introduced the concept of pharmacies in discount stores, which they have had since the 1970's. It wasn't until the 1990's that other similar stores followed suit.  

I think Clover can claim that title. Wal-Mart and Kmart both had pharmacies in at least the 80's.

videogamer75

I saw a picture of a Wal-Mart Discount City sign from the 1970's on their own website, and there was a smaller sign under it that said ''Prescriptions''. I think they were indeed the first.

beachgal26

I can personally attest to the fact that K-Mart has had them for as long as I could remember - at least to the early 1980's.

wwefan101

our k mart dont got a phamarcy lol