Main Menu

Waccamaw

Started by Jag67, April 15, 2005, 02:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

Remember them?

They weren't very big. There was one in our local mall (Eastern Hills) until it closed in 1998. I believed it opened somewhere between 1993-95 and was only open a few years before it closed for good. I think Waccamaw went out of business in 2000. My dad never liked this store. He took me in it maybe once or twice when I was little, and then that was it. He discribed it as "Very lackluster, they had nothing there. I don't know why they allow those places to be built." As you can tell, my dad pretty much hated this store. An extremely faint labelscar (All that was legible was "Your decor superstore") was visible up until 2004. I never knew the name of this store until recently, because when it closed I COULDN'T READ!! that's how long ago it was. The store is very very early 90's and shows it's age. Currently an RV dealer is in it's place, so I was able to go in and get some shots tonite.  A very sad store for it's age. The floor (Complete with tacky early 90's shape pattern tile) and bathrooms are both disgusting, the lower part of the walls are all nicked, and the place is just a shadow of it's former self.

Pics coming very very soon!! (And I mean it)

thedisneystore967

I think they were the chain that owned another store called homeplace
they had a store near my aunt....

Jag67

Ya, they merged in 1999 and All the remaining stores became HomePlaces in 2000.

Anyway, HERE ARE THE PICS!!!! Tha front entrance. Love the tacky "house".

Jag67

The retro early 90's floor.

Jag67

The disgusting retro early 90's floor.

Jag67

Wacca has been invades by RV's!!!!

Jag67

Whenever I'm in this store I always end up humming "Cracks in the Pavement" by Duran Duran for some reason. I dunno, the store reminds me of that songs for some reason. Of course, when I was in there, they were blasting heavy metal. YUCK. Doesn't match the atmosphere of the store AT ALL. Come on.

Jag67

Jag67

Jag67

Jag67

That's funny, there hasn't been a shopping cart in here for 7 years!!!

Jag67

A little remnant of the store's days as a home decor store. I kept this.

Jag67

Although Waccamaw Corp. is long gone, the store is the same.

Jag67

So what do you think? What I can't believe is how dated this store is for it's age. It's only 11-12 years old!!! Serously, this store is newer then ME (I'm 13) and it's still a time capsule. Waccamaw management must've wanted their stores as "Modern" as possible. Can you imagine anybody building a store like this today? I very vaguely remember this store when it was Waccamaw (I was about 2 or 3 when it opened and 7 when it closed) but my mom and dad took me in a couple of times to look around (This was about 1996 or 97) but I was bored out of my head (I wanted to look at TOYS!!) so I didn't pay any attention to the store. But it's exactly the same as it's always been. Besides, it's obvious. The only change done to the store since it closed in 98 was the repainting of the blue stripe on the walls. When Wacca'w left, they obviously didn't care how they left the store, as when they ripped off the signs on the walls it left huge marks on the wall. This remained until the RV place moved in.  Did all Waccamaw stores look like this, or did they all look a little different?

thedisneystore967

the homeplace near my aunt's home went out around 2003, and was a best buy bout 2 months later........

Caldor1999

coo pics the store dosent look so dated but i guess most stuff from the 1990's dosent lok so dated
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Jag67

Ya I guess but the floor design certainly does!!!:roll:

Rich

Jag, do you remember another home store type chain called Busy Beaver?  The only one I knew of in our area was near the McKinley Mall.  The building is till there, but it's been a Media Play for over ten years now.

store215

There was a Homeplace near me that opened in 1998 and closed a year or so later. It sat empty for 3 or 4 years before becoming split with Ross, Rag Shop (arts and crafts chain) and Justice (a division of The Limited)

store215

There was a Homeplace near me that opened in 1998 and closed a year or so later. It sat empty for 3 or 4 years before becoming split with Ross, Rag Shop (arts and crafts chain) and Justice (a division of The Limited)

amesman

There was a Homeplace store in the Galleria at Crystal Run in Middletown, New York, but, it is now an H&M. Above the H&M is a Dick's Sporting Goods, and both levels were a Jordan Marsh when the mall first opened.

Jag67

Howbout it Here's a few more pics. Sorry they're so dark and grainy, They were taken on a flashless one-time I used as a filler while I was out looking for a new digital.

Jag67

A ghostly pic of the retro floor.

Jag67

Back of the store near the outside enterance.

Pikapower

The Eastern Hills Mall Waccamaw had recently became a sport performance complex.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia