The History Behind Your User Name

Started by jmcnamara96, February 01, 2009, 10:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcnamara96

What is the reason for having your username on here
Mine JMcNamara96 J my first name anitlal McNamara my mothers maiden name and 96 my lucky number

EddieJ1984

Eddie Jacobs is my name (hence EddieJ) annd I was born in 1984
so EddieJ1984.

NJxxJon

NJ - state I am from.

xx- to space the word from JON (my name)

Jon - My name.  :insane:
JN

Crawford

My name is that of my first character I ever created in Dungeons and Dragons. Crawford was a kick ass cleric whose specialty was destroying undead and hellish creatures.  I managed to him to level 32. He was a walking holy arsenal and would later give his life to destroy this massive keep which was the gateway to the negative plane as well as a factory floor for the creation of new and terrifying creatures. His daughter Eve would later become our world's first cleric/magic user split class character. ahhhh the good ol days.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

Ames#1171

Ames#1171 =  I worked for Ames store 1171 im Parma, OH.
Ames" border="0

Marc82

Marc - My Name.

82 - The Year I was born.

C3Nostalgia

C3 --> Century III (Mall)
Nostalgia --> Because of my research, I get quite nostalgic

C3Nostalgia is just the name I use for my research on Century III Mall in West Mifflin, PA.

Zayre88

Zayre was acquired by Ames in 1988 = Zayre88

I first used Zayre88 in 2000 when i launched my website, formerly called Retailers from Woolworth to Wal-mart, then Wool-Mart, and since january 2009 = Zayre88.

www.geocities.com/zayre88

Ameskid

I'm a kid...and I like Ames.  That's all there is to it.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

rjstheiv

Well my name is Robert John and my last name starts with an "S". And i am the forth in my family so i chose "rjstheiv".

standa

Standa is the name of an Italian store chain.

dmx10101

Well no real special meaning behind mine, I made it up as a username when I first started using computers in the late 90's and it just stuck with me. dmx is a rapper I liked and I just added the 1 & 0's to make the name longer and because in most cases just dmx was already taken.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

AmesNewington

AmesNewington=I liked Ames and I'm from Newington (CT).

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

ShopKoFan = I am a fan of ShopKo, the largest regional discount store in the U.S., based out of my current hometown of Green Bay, Wisconsin. I also use this nickname at my blog, aptly titled "BlogKo."

Caldor1999

well caldor the store and 1999 when they went out
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

gu4ever

You can read my BIO when you click my username.
GU is for Grand Union
Ever.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

GothicPrincess

Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

reitelle

It's my last name "Pelletier" backwards; minus the P... i think it looks beautiful so its my SN for pretty much everything :D

beachgal26

Hi, C3Nostalgia!  I used to live in the Pittsburgh area and still remember when they blasted out the area that would become Century III Mall.  It was one of the best I had ever seen and am so saddened to hear that it's fallen by the wayside and may end up closing one day soon.

:o:hurt::(

beachgal26

For my name, it reflects where I always wish that I could be (at least in the summer since Memphis is kind of land-locked) plus my lucky number.

;):bigsmile::)

The Adamantium Elbow

I got the idea from a character on The Fairly Oddparents cartoon. One of the characters is a superhero in a comic book known as The Crimson Chin. He fights a bad guy known as The Bronze Kneecap. The Adamantium part I got from my favorite X-Man Wolverine since that's what his claws are made of.

I was really bored when I thought it up.:insane:

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

The #1 Discount Department Stores that my mother took me to shop at back when I was growing up were Gold Circle, Hills, & Kmart. My mother also went to an Ames Department Store that we had that was local to our area. However, when Ames went through their first bankruptcy back in 1990 there were no more Ames Department Stores in my area for my mother to shop at and take me to. The only Ames Department Store that we had locally shut down in their first wave of bankruptcy store shutdowns. However, when Ames Department Stores bought the Hills Department Store Chain in 1998, it made Ames local for me to shop at again. Only problem was that Ames went out of business four years later. By the time that 2002 hit, three of my four favorite chains that my mother took me to shop at while I was growing up were all gone which was Gold Circle, Hills, & Ames leaving me with just Kmart. The last thing that I want to see happen to my last favorite Discount Department Store of my childhood is suffer the same fate as Gold Circle, Hills, & Ames. Therefore, I created my user name in what I hope and pray becomes reality which is: Kmart Is Forever!

TheFugitive

My boss at a particular Ames store where I worked only had one arm.

People started calling me The Fugitive because the one-armed man was
ruining my life.   ;D

Hudsons81

Hudson's-the defunct department store chain that operated in the Detroit area for many years and I have fond memories of shopping at their location in Southland Center in Taylor, MI.

1981-the year I was born.

TRU7536

TRU7536

Tru: toys r us
7536:  the newington ct store number

Worked for toys r us on the pike on and off from 97 to 2004.

MikeRa

MikeRa

Basicilly my first name and the first two letters of my last name.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

ynkeesfn82

Marc B - It's my name. Marc is my first name. B is the first letter of my last name.

All my life even people who should know better misspell my first name. And they can't pronounce my last name even though it's simple. You see my last name in my signature below - Bramhall. If you can't figure out how to pronounce it you break it into two words. Bram Hall. That's how it's pronounced.

busman_49

I've liked buses all my life and 4 and 9 are my favorite numbers.  It's been my Yahoo handle since 1999 and just to make life easier on myself, I try to keep the same name on any forum I join.

JSIDA17

My user name is from slamming the first seven keys I saw on my keyboard!