Gas Stations

Started by HoJofan206, May 01, 2007, 11:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

Post pics and talk about gas stations.

HoJofan206

Mobile Alabama Citgo station.  Gas prices are going up, but the canopy is coming down!  :insane:

HoJofan206

Abandoned Texaco station

HoJofan206

Former Amacco station in Durand Michigan

HoJofan206

A sign of the times. :no:

HoJofan206

Circle K station in Alabama

HoJofan206

A newer Circle K

HoJofan206

This is a Moto Mart gas station.  We have several of these in Evansville Indiana.  Most of them look just like this.

ameskmart1

What was once a 1960s Circle K
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

Former 1960s Circle K
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

ameskmart1

1990s Conoco Sign

ameskmart1

1980s Conoco Sign

Marc82

Fireworks sold at a gas station? WTF? RFLMAO.

amesman

About that $2.47 Shell sign.. I'd take it, considering that up here gas is close to $3.00. Ugh!

HoJofan206

Wow, unleaded at $1.37 a gallon, its more than twice that now!  :no:

HoJofan206

Recent Exxon gas station sign with current gas prices.  :no:

HoJofan206

Abandoned gas station

HoJofan206

Former Texaco on Route 66 is Missouri

HoJofan206

Former BP station in the state of Missouri

Ames#1171

Here is what we are paying for gas in Cleveland:

Speedway

Marathon

Ames" border="0

HoJofan206

Gas is cheap enough here.  :insane:

HoJofan206

I dont think this Marathon station can boast that they are "Best in the long Run".

Zayre88

This Irving sign is probably 30 years old.  It also shows what we are paying for gas in Quebec: $1.164 / Liter. This means $4.404 / Gal. thanks to high gas taxes in Canada!

HoJofan206

A former Shell gas station

Ameskid

Abandoned gas stations around Cincinnati have as long a life as Woolworth's!  We have a super rare occurence in which the Marathon station is abandoned, but the "Best in the Long Run" slogan is still on the canopy!  Talk about RARE!  We also have  an old Shell station that hasn't been used for anything except tarp sales in the last ten years.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
A sign of the times. :no:

When taking pictures of that Ames in Seabrook, i also had the gas prices.  They went up a bit over the years .....

C. Fontaine

Nice observation!  I hear you, I remember when the Cumberlands down the street from me read $0.98 a gallon.

Rayco7030

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Mobile Alabama Citgo station.  Gas prices are going up, but the canopy is coming down!  :insane:

holy cow   unsafe :o
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

Marc82

It was quite a shocker that the Exxon Station I pulled into to get directions at the corner of 202 and South Gulph Road in King of Prussia, PA had gas for $2.97/gallon. There are no gas stations here in CT with gas under $3.00/gallon. The exception of course if you have gas points saved up from Price Chopper to use at Sunoco.

store215

Gas in the philly 'burbs is surprisingly reasonable, but maybe it's because of this one stretch of road, there is BJ's, Wawa, and an "indie" full-serve Citgo station that are always in price wars...(and also surprising, Bj's and Wawa are not always the lowest out of the three)