Main Menu

Walmart

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

this WAl-mart is in Tilton new hampshire. It opened in SUmmer 1995 and is 130,000 square feet. It was remodleed recently.

d_fife

this is the WAl-mart in my hometown, Plymouth new hampshire. IT is 152,000 square feet and opeend October 30, 2002.

dayville81

Closed Wal-Mart in Wallingford, CT! On U.S. Route 5 hidden behind an Applebee's. They moved into the old K-Mart Super Center which closed when K-Mart closed a bunch of stores many of which were Super Center's. This was a really neat K-Mart Super Center Im sad it closed. Wal-Mart Super Center moved in. It is a huge Wal-Mart. The old Wal-Mart looks small on the outside. They left all the lights in the store on and stripped it bear save for the carpet on the poles. A red tarp is over the Wal-Mart sign on the building and sign. The Garden Center even looked small. The garden center outside was in the back of the building. Due to it having a small parking lot, they put a large parking lot behind the building. The paint is peeling off the building. Must have been an old store. Label scars of "We Sell For Less" and "Satisfaction Guaranteed". The doors are locked in chains. Must be afraid someone will break in. I wonder why they dont just make it a Sam's but probably because it is too small. Plus its location on Berlin Turnpike isnt the best since its hidden although even Wal-Mart's in the middle of nowhere draw in the masses. Wish I would have had my camera to take a picture. Usually do but took it out since I was afraid the film might freeze when temps go below freezing.

dayville81

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
In the Newington CT store, as of August, they closed down the Wal-Mart snack bar and are now opening a Subway restaurant in the store. Is this the same case for all Wal-Marts?
Interestingly I have seen different things in different stores. In Norwich CT, they have a Dunkin Donuts in the former McDonalds. In Lisbon, CT their former Snack Bar is also a Dunkin Donuts. In Putnam, CT their former Snack Bar is a Subway Snack Express combination. You can buy popcorn and pretzels at a separate cart operated by Subway people.
In Windham, CT their former Snack Bar is a combination Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robins 31 Flavors (quite interesting) In Old Saybrook, CT their former Snack Bar is a Subway Snack Express (in a former Caldor store which Wal-Mart expanded). In Guilford, CT they have a small Snack Bar (in a former Bradlees store, which Wal-Mart could not expand due to parking regulations and the fact its in a shopping center - one of the smallest Walmarts Ive been in) The Waterford, CT store still has a McDonald's. The Wallingford, CT and Westerly, RI have no food outlet whatsoever.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by dayville81
QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
In the Newington CT store, as of August, they closed down the Wal-Mart snack bar and are now opening a Subway restaurant in the store. Is this the same case for all Wal-Marts?
Interestingly I have seen different things in different stores. In Norwich CT, they have a Dunkin Donuts in the former McDonalds. In Lisbon, CT their former Snack Bar is also a Dunkin Donuts. In Putnam, CT their former Snack Bar is a Subway Snack Express combination. You can buy popcorn and pretzels at a separate cart operated by Subway people.
In Windham, CT their former Snack Bar is a combination Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robins 31 Flavors (quite interesting) In Old Saybrook, CT their former Snack Bar is a Subway Snack Express (in a former Caldor store which Wal-Mart expanded). In Guilford, CT they have a small Snack Bar (in a former Bradlees store, which Wal-Mart could not expand due to parking regulations and the fact its in a shopping center - one of the smallest Walmarts Ive been in) The Waterford, CT store still has a McDonald's. The Wallingford, CT and Westerly, RI have no food outlet whatsoever.

The Wal-Mart in Horsham Pa. turned their snack bar into a Subway.

storehistoryguy

Zayre88

The new Wal-Mart store in my homwtown.  Grand opening is january 23 2006.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88

i betcha in the next ten years that wal mart will movie to anoutehr location to make a super center
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88

I betcha in the next ten years that Wal mart will movie to anouther location to make a Supercenter

Maybe because they left a large space at the left of the store, probably for future expansion...

store215

Ancient Wal-Mart Check-Out Area Pic:
Probably from the early, early 80's(maybe from the 1st Supercenter they had?), when WalMart was a whole different company

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Probably from the early, early 80's(maybe from the 1st Supercenter they had?), when WalMart was a whole different company

it looks to be late 80's or mid 80s idd say some were imbeween 1985 and 1991 i mean people did still have big hair in teh early 90's
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

Thats interesting. I don't remember those because Wal-Mart didn't come to my area until the mid 90's. The Warminster PA. location opened in 1995.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

Thats interesting. I don't remember those because Wal-Mart didn't come to my area until the mid 90's. The Warminster PA. location opened in 1995.

Actually, I think it was 1997. (My grandfather worked at this store for a few years until they started "locking him in" and he quit). I remember when it opened all the "Made in USA" signs and "Pennsylvania" signs showing patriotism...all painted over now.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

Actually, I think it was 1997. (My grandfather worked at this store for a few years until they started "locking him in" and he quit). I remember when it opened all the "Made in USA" signs and "Pennsylvania" signs showing patriotism...all painted over now.

the frist wal mart that opend near me wasd back in 1997 them and home depot gutted the old Moheagan Mall to make there store wal mart tore down the old Jamesway and Home Depot kicked pergament out so they can have tehre own stores there was alslo acaldor across the stree that went out because wal mart was right next to them
Caldor Forever!

dayville81

Wal-Mart Supercenter is like a shopping mall. They have hair salons, a Subway or Dunkin Donuts, a bank, a pharmacy, all these groceries, some have medical supply stores and kids arcades.

d_fife

this wal-mart is windham maine and is a supercenter. it is 180,000 square feet and was expanded in 1998 or 1999 and was originally 93,000 square feet and opened in 1993.

storehistoryguy