Main Menu

Bloomingdales

Started by Caldor1999, April 07, 2005, 05:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
bloomingdale's in king of prussia mall and this store chain of store looks more posh and the stuff there is: EXPENSIVE!

there in the same price range as nordtsrom but there nothing like saks 5th ave or neiman marcus whtch cost more then anything
I wonder if another around boston will come or one in south CT. there are not many bloomingdale's. I agree they are expensive. I feel its not worth a bother to buy from there since its so expensive and the appearnce of the stores looks that way. for newton mass there are 3 locations now as they took over the old filene's. i heard a rumor of bloomingdale's going in the old filene's, but I find it too posh for the maine mall.

standa

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
bloomingdale's in king of prussia mall and this store chain of store looks more posh and the stuff there is: EXPENSIVE!

there in the same price range as nordtsrom but there nothing like saks 5th ave or neiman marcus whtch cost more then anything
I wonder if another around boston will come or one in south CT. there are not many bloomingdale's. I agree they are expensive. I feel its not worth a bother to buy from there since its so expensive and the appearnce of the stores looks that way. for newton mass there are 3 locations now as they took over the old filene's. i heard a rumor of bloomingdale's going in the old filene's, but I find it too posh for the maine mall.

There was once a Bloomingdale's in Stamford, CT.  I think it closed about 15-20 years ago.  Its final ads told people they could shop the White Plains, NY store from then on.

Anonymous

The Stamford Bloomingdale's closed on September 8, 1990 after one or two years of poor sales. There were different reasons for its closure including competition from the Stamford Town Center Mall, financial troubles from its parent Federated, inconvenient parking, and a 1988 murder in its parking garage. It was a HUGE store. When it closed, it sat empty for nearly six years. The big label scar "b" was in three or four locations for all of that time. Bloomies now houses the UCONN Stamford campus.