Papa John's Pizza

Started by shakethis1234, April 11, 2005, 02:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakethis1234

What Happend To Papa Johns in New York

BillyGr

The ones in the Albany area just closed up one day, no warning or anything.

This is from their website listing current NY locations :
 Bay Shore  
 Binghamton  
 Bronx  
 Brooklyn  
 East Rochester  
 Elmont  
 Endwell  
 Fairport  
 Freeport  
 Fresh Meadows  
 Greece  
 Inwood  
 Irondequoit  
 Ithaca  
 Levittown  
 Long Beach  
 Manhattan  
 Mount Sinai  
 New York  
 Queens Village  
 Ridgewood  
 Rochester  
 South Ozone Park  
 Springfield Gardens  
 Staten Island  
 Uniondale  
 Valley Stream  
 Webster  
 White Plains

C. Fontaine

Anonymous

All of them around CT packed up a closed a couple years ago.

And local pizza shops are better than any chain place....

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
All of them around CT packed up a closed a couple years ago.

And local pizza shops are better than any chain place....
Yeah you're right.  I'm not really pro-Papa Gino's either, I only work there... hehehe.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

WHAT HAPPENED TO PAPA JOHN'S THEY USED TO BE ADVERTISING ALL THE TIME IN MY AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!:o:huh::question:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
The ones in the Albany area just closed up one day, no warning or anything.

This is from their website listing current NY locations :
 Bay Shore  
 Binghamton  
 Bronx  
 Brooklyn  
 East Rochester  
 Elmont  
 Endwell  
 Fairport  
 Freeport  
 Fresh Meadows  
 Greece  
 Inwood  
 Irondequoit  
 Ithaca  
 Levittown  
 Long Beach  
 Manhattan  
 Mount Sinai  
 New York  
 Queens Village  
 Ridgewood  
 Rochester  
 South Ozone Park  
 Springfield Gardens  
 Staten Island  
 Uniondale  
 Valley Stream  
 Webster  
 White Plains

o wow only one near me and thats in White Planes
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

Zayre88

shakethis1234

Papa Johns are comming back to the Syracuse Area hear part of an article from syracuse.com/bussiness/storefront
 Marie writes, "Hi Bob, noticed that there's a Papa John's opening on Route 11, just north of Sweetheart Corner on the east side of the street. I passed quickly, but it looked like the sign said 'we're back' or something similar. Thought you'd want to know."

Thanks, Marie, I did want to know. That's a good sign -- sign sign and signal sign. Papa's left the market a few years back when the folks with the local franchise rights dropped PJ's here to concentrate on their Krispy Kreme outlet, when Krispy was all the rage. I don't know if it's the same folks, but it's good to have Papa's back.

shakethis1234

papa johns just open up their syracuse location this past week

webcookie

I went to Papa John's in York, PA. So yummy. I wish we had one here.

My boyfriend's brother lives in York, and whenever any of us go to visit, that's all we end up eating the whole time because it's such a novelty.
Before there was Wal-Mart...
Caldor, Zayre, Woolworth, Bradlees, K-Mart, & Ames ruled the Earth.

store215

Papa John's is the worst pizza I have ever eaten..I mean come on, even Dominos and Pizza Hut, the most generic pizza you can get, is better.

shakethis1234

plans to open 10 more papa johns in the CNY Water town area

david121

There's one that opened, or is opening in Evans Mills, NY. I saw ads on the local craigslist a while back.

Marc82

Due to an incident on The Schuykill Express Way in Pennsylvania, I didn't leave my hotel in King of Prussia. I ordered a Papa John's Pizza off their website to have delivered to the hotel for lunch. Anyway when I placed the order it said it would be delivered in 30-45 minutes. In actuality it took 1 hour and 15 mins!!!!!! After a little more than an hour passed I called them up and asked them when the pizza was coming and was told it would be there soon. No more than 45 seconds after I got off the phone did the pizza guy come knocking at my door. I still can't believe it took that long to get from the pizza house to my hotel 2 miles away. I don't care how heavy traffic was.

Anyway the pizza pretty much sucked, but the chicken fingers were good. I wasted good money on that crap and I should've went to the Asian Buffet Restaurant next door to the hotel instead.

dave73

Papa Johns opened up in the mid-90's after Little Caesars started closing most of their locations.  I'm only aware of one former Little Caesars location being converted to Papa Johns, but wasn't run by the same franchisee.  Papa Johns at that location only lasted a couple of years.  Other Papa Johns locations that opened are still open, including 1 location that was a former Dominos that relocated somewhere else.  They are more expensive, but good.  Much better than Dominos.

EddieJ1984

Papa John's on Bustleton Pike near feasterville, pa moved from a stand alone location to a strip of stores.
Both pics are from google maps.
Old stand alone location.

EDIT: Here is a pic of what the new location now

New location is just up the road. Guess papa john's wanted to spend less money running it.

ynkeesfn82

The one in Bristol, Connecticut is reopening after a 5 year (or so) absence. Same location.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: ynkeesfn82 on June 08, 2011, 05:39:29 PM
The one in Bristol, Connecticut is reopening after a 5 year (or so) absence. Same location.

They closed again.