Duplicate Stores

Started by Mobil, January 12, 2009, 05:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobil

For example, why does Starbucks sometimes have a store inside Albertsons, and a store out in the parking lot? And Shell has three stations on three corners of the same intersection?

NJxxJon

Subway does this too.......
JN

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by NJxxJon
Subway does this too.......

So do the Wine & Spirits Shoppes in Pennsylvania (which are state-owned)!

powersbt

We have Rite Aids like that. One set that I can think of are literally 300 feet away from each other. The merger of Rite Aid/Eckerd can be blamed for that. Both buildings were fairly new adding to the reason of why they all remained open.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

We have Subway restaurants that are like that where I'm from. There are three locations on the same street, one inside Walmart, one inside a gas station, and one inside a strip mall.

Mobil

There is a McDonald's inside a Wal-Mart near me and one right in front of it. And these are the only stores in the "plaza".

store215

I have noticed this more with bank branches more often than stores (either two of the same branch in the same center, or one in a supermarket/wal-mart with another branch in the parking lot).

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
I have noticed this more with bank branches more often than stores (either two of the same branch in the same center, or one in a supermarket/wal-mart with another branch in the parking lot).

A large shopping center near me has a drive-thru Citizens Bank in the parking lot, one in the back of the shopping center, and one inside Acme.

videogamer75

At the Cuberland Mall in Vineland, NJ, there was a mall entrance where there was a Burger King as soon as you got in the mall. At the same time, there's a Burger King with drive-thru in the parking lot right in front of the same entrance. Eventually, the BK in the mall closed and became a pizza place.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
At the Cuberland Mall in Vineland, NJ, there was a mall entrance where there was a Burger King as soon as you got in the mall. At the same time, there's a Burger King with drive-thru in the parking lot right in front of the same entrance. Eventually, the BK in the mall closed and became a pizza place.

There was a BK at Granite Run Mall that closed in 2002 I think. Part of it is still vacant and the rest is a shady arcade. Just up the hill past the mall was a freestanding one, but it closed in 2004 and was demolished for a CVS.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt
We have Rite Aids like that. One set that I can think of are literally 300 feet away from each other. The merger of Rite Aid/Eckerd can be blamed for that. Both buildings were fairly new adding to the reason of why they all remained open.

You mean there was just a Rite Aid across from an Eckerd? I consider most Eckerds still Eckerd. They still have the Eckerd logo-shaped signs and everything.

Mobil

These are all the businesses I can think of that do this:
Shell (this got even worse when they bought Texaco's stations in some areas to preserve "competition")
Mobil/Circle K (now they are LUKOIL/Kwik Farms)
Sunoco
AMC Theatres (at malls)
Starbucks (one is in Barnes & Noble/Target/Albertsons/Kroger, etc. but not always)
McDonald's (Wal-Mart)
Citizens Bank (at Acme)
Wine & Spirits Shoppe (at Acme)
Payless ShoeSource (malls)
True Value (I know a downtown with two)
Burger King (at malls)
Thrift Drug/Eckerd
CVS (at malls)
Wawa
RadioShack (there are two at some malls)

videogamer75

GameStop also often has two stores in one mall, since they acquired pretty much every single store that sells games - Software Etc., EB Games...

NJxxJon

I remember the days of 2 RADIO SHACKs In the mall    :(  (said above.............)  ...Rare now.
JN

retailfan

Yea Radio Shack in Indy Greenwood  there was one in countyline mall and  greenwood park mall  they closed countyline mall then moved across the road  and now closed that one down  you could walk out the door of the mall and see the other store  they still have many very close togethere which i dont see  lasting much longer

retailfan

Also many mals in the south use to have 2 Ritz cameras  after they took over wolf  although most duplicites have been eliminated now Mall of America still has 2 Ritz  one a big store and the oter smaller

Crawford

The Emerald Mall in North Attleborough Mass has 2 gamestops inside (one a former EB the other a former Babbages) Both are pretty skanky, the one on the second floor even more so. There is a third Gamestop across the street (former FuncoLand) which is pretty much the same as any in the strip malls. I don't know how they are managing to stay in the black.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

There's a ShopKo Express Pharmacy, located a block away from the ShopKo discount store in Suamico, Wisconsin.

The Adamantium Elbow

Funny thing The Wal-Mart in Indiana, PA had a McDonald's inside the Wal-Mart and strangely enough a McDonald's at the other end of the Parking lot.

Whoser

There are 3 GameStops inside the Waterford CT Crystal Mall.

EddieJ1984

The Wall (which has no become FYE) used to have 2 locations in some malls (I know for sure Willow Groove Mall, Oxford Valley Mall, Franklin Mills did here in the philadelphia area)