AMESFANCLUB
January 21, 2018, 07:59:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Payless Shoe Source  (Read 3374 times)
rjstheiv
AMESer +1

« on: January 12, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »

The Payless in West Mifflin PA. It still has the old logo.
rjstheiv
AMESer +1

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »

back of payless store in west mifflin PA.
Mobil
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »

The one near me just closed.
videogamer75
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 03:04:35 PM »

This store kind of sucks, every time I get shoes here they fall apart within 5 months! I do walk a lot, but shoes shouldn't fall apart that early.
NJxxJon
Administrator
Ames 4 Lyfer!

ME. TEXT AWAY.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »

I can get a 25 Dollar pair of shoes that last 8 months online. Without leaving my house - the internet is awesome.

______
________

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 05:42:15 PM »

ShopKo has Payless ShoeSource in all of their locations.

Marc82
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 06:05:43 PM »

They had a store inside the Price Chopper Supermarket in Southington. They leased space from PC just like UPS does and Citizen's Bank. They closed. Then PC moved their candle dept into there. Now it's offices and storage.
MikeRa
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »

This store kind of sucks, every time I get shoes here they fall apart within 5 months! I do walk a lot, but shoes shouldn't fall apart that early.
I had a pair of dress shoes from Payless that actually lasted a good year for me.

"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"
AmesNewington
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »

One of two Payless locations in West Hartford, CT closed, which is located on Kane Street in the Prospect Plaza. They closed sometime last week, cleared the entire store of merchandise and fixtures in one day, and removed the sign on the building.

The Payless on New Britain Ave/Corbin's Corner remains open.

This will be the second vacancy in this plaza so far this year. Hometown Buffet closed in February. When I started working at ShopRite in November, 2010, the whole strip of stores in the plaza were occupied. I'm surprised of these closures, but I wouldn't want to locate any store in this plaza. The area is just too sketchy. Many things happen there and there is non-stop shoplifting.
JimSawhill
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 03:09:23 PM »

One of two Payless locations in West Hartford, CT closed, which is located on Kane Street in the Prospect Plaza. They closed sometime last week, cleared the entire store of merchandise and fixtures in one day, and removed the sign on the building.

This will be the second vacancy in this plaza so far this year. Hometown Buffet closed in February. When I started working at ShopRite in November, 2010, the whole strip of stores in the plaza were occupied. I'm surprised of these closures, but I wouldn't want to locate any store in this plaza. The area is just too sketchy. Many things happen there and there is non-stop shoplifting.

The Shop Rite is the old FINAST?? Old Country Buffet is closed??  Darn...  another part of my CT life is gone... :(
AmesNewington
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 06:23:12 PM »

The Shop Rite is the old FINAST?? Old Country Buffet is closed??  Darn...  another part of my CT life is gone... :(

ShopRite used to be Edwards, then it became Shaw's, and now it is Shoprite. Yes, the "Country Buffet" closed in January/early February. There are three left in CT, including the one I always used to go to in Wethersfield. That's a nice one.
standa

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 07:16:43 AM »

ShopRite used to be Edwards, then it became Shaw's, and now it is Shoprite. Yes, the "Country Buffet" closed in January/early February. There are three left in CT, including the one I always used to go to in Wethersfield. That's a nice one.

I think that West Hartford Shoprite was once Woolco, before Edwards, but I am not certain.  does anyone know?
AmesNewington
Ames 4 Lyfer!

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 08:29:39 AM »

I think that West Hartford Shoprite was once Woolco, before Edwards, but I am not certain.  does anyone know?

I heard it might have been a Grant's dept. store.
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 11:52:53 PM »

Most of the Payless ShoeSource locations in the West Coast were once called Volume ShoeSource, like this location about to open at Factoria Square in Bellevue, Washington in 1987:

A pharmacy, known as Payles Drug, already had trademarks on the "Payless" name in that part of the United States at the time.

Read more about Factoria Square here:
http://jana-treeclimber.blogspot.com/2013/03/factoria-square-march-1987.html

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: