Building 19

Started by Crawford, December 28, 2005, 08:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

Quote from: Lastdaysofrain on August 03, 2011, 10:36:20 AM
The Nashua NH location just announced it is going out of business. It's only the second Building 19 location I can think of that went under (the first being the one in the old Jordan Marsh at the Assembly Square Mall)

Talking to some of the employees it sounds like the landlord wouldn't renew their lease and wants to sell outright to a larger retailer (I think Walmart)

Apparently Whole Foods would be interested in that property. Building 19 and the landlord count not reach an agreement on a new lease.  That store used to be a Builders Square and before that a Kealey Farms supermarket.

jmcnamara96

Quote from: Lastdaysofrain on August 03, 2011, 10:36:20 AM
The Nashua NH location just announced it is going out of business. It's only the second Building 19 location I can think of that went under (the first being the one in the old Jordan Marsh at the Assembly Square Mall)

Talking to some of the employees it sounds like the landlord wouldn't renew their lease and wants to sell outright to a larger retailer (I think Walmart)

Dont forget the Manchester store of Mammouth rd that closed and was torn down mostly due to Asbestos in the 90s

retailisking

Not-so-good stuff cheap...it's the end of the line for the venerable New England deep discount chain. It's getting tough out there for this business; I notice that Ocean State Job Lot isn't offering the deals they did even a year ago. Looking back, perhaps their failed takeover of Spag's a decade ago was a sign of trouble.
http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x919102982/Report-Building-19-going-out-of-business