d_fife

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
bangor me

bangor me

d_fife

petco in greece ny (near rochester)

d_fife

petco in erie pa around the millcreek mall.

Marc82

Do prices at PETCO very with from store to store? My mom and I were in AVON/SIMSBURY today and the cat food we normally buy was $2 more than at the PETCO we normally shop at in Southington. Needless to say we didn't buy the cat food there.

rjstheiv

This is the PetCo in West Mifflin PA. It was formally a Discovery Zone. This pic s from around when it first opened around 2000.

store215

Petco is one of the nastiest pet stores I have ever been to. Even their newest stores look run down. No help, poorly treated animals, and sinky stores.

rjstheiv

i agree, there are dead fish laying all dried up by the aquarium. All the fish i have ever bought from there died in the matter of two weeks.

ynkeesfn82

Last year they remodeled their location in the Shoprite Plaza in Southington, Connecticut. It's just under 14,000 Square Feet. They took the broken sign off the building right before the blizzard at the end of October and have yet to put a new sign up in its place. They just have a banner. Meanwhile 2 other businesses in the plaza got new signs - Town Fair Tire and Luen Hop Chinese.

Their store in Avon, Connecticut is much nicer (and bigger I think) than the Southington location.

There's also one in Shoprite Plaza in Waterbury, Connecticut,  but I've never been in it.

ynkeesfn82

The Petco in Wallingford, CT is much cleaner and nicer than the one in Southington.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I agree with most of you. Petco is a putrid pet store, I'd rather buy pet food from the supermarket, family-owned pet store, farm and fleet, or a store that specializes in feed for animals ranging from dogs to horses (I'd do so if I only had a pet of my own, like a cat.) The only things worth buying for your pets from a place like Petco, is their line of non-pet food items, such as toys, leashes, tags, fish tanks, scratching posts, litter pans, cat carriers, etc. The cleanliness of the store varies from location to location, much like other stores. The one store I've been to, the room where the birds are kept is the dirtiest of all the rooms at Petco, and it smelt weird.

TRU7536

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 17, 2013, 10:12:38 PM
I agree with most of you. Petco is a putrid pet store, I'd rather buy pet food from the supermarket, family-owned pet store, farm and fleet, or a store that specializes in feed for animals ranging from dogs to horses (I'd do so if I only had a pet of my own, like a cat.) The only things worth buying for your pets from a place like Petco, is their line of non-pet food items, such as toys, leashes, tags, fish tanks, scratching posts, litter pans, cat carriers, etc. The cleanliness of the store varies from location to location, much like other stores. The one store I've been to, the room where the birds are kept is the dirtiest of all the rooms at Petco, and it smelt weird.

They are way over priced. I buy my pet stuff from target, bc everything including cat food is cheaper.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on January 15, 2012, 10:35:37 PM
There's also one in Shoprite Plaza in Waterbury, Connecticut,  but I've never been in it.

Petco in Shoprite Plaza in Waterbury (formerly a Chuck E Cheese) is moving over to The Brass Mill Commons on Union Street (next to the Brass Mill Mall) according to a post on The Brass Mill Mall's Facebook page.

ynkeesfn82

The Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury, CT just announced on their Facebook Page that the new Petco is now open at The Brass Mill Commons. This is in the old Shaw's. Now the old Shaw's is 2/3 full. TJ Maxx will be opening in the remainder of the old Shaw's space on Thursday May 22nd.

ynkeesfn82

It's amazing how one location can be so different from another. The one in Wallingford, CT is much nicer than the one in Southington.