3 MAJORS

Started by jmcnamara96, January 08, 2009, 06:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 MAJORS

Total Members Voted: 0

jmcnamara96

CHOSE YOUR CAR COMPANY MINES GM

Zayre88

I like GM but i hate them too, long story....

NJxxJon

Your Admin loves Nissan. I own American cars as well. Your admin will let you keep your poll up ot be a nice guy however. Support your local punk band.
JN

Mobil

I have to admit that most Chrysler products since Iacocca left have been junk. Most new GM cars have been junk since 2006, when they redesigned the Impala and discontinued the DeVille, both cars that were introduced in 2000. To me, anything from 2005 or earlier is vintage now.

jmcnamara96

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
I have to admit that most Chrysler products since Iacocca left have been junk. Most new GM cars have been junk since 2006, when they redesigned the Impala and discontinued the DeVille, both cars that were introduced in 2000. To me, anything from 2005 or earlier is vintage now.
i agree

videogamer75

I like Ford most, followed by Daimler-Chrysler, then GM.

Ames#1171

I have owned five cars since I've been driving.  Four of them were GM cars, and one was a Ford.  My next car will be a Hybrid, so it will either be the Toyota Prius or Ford Fusion Hybrid.  I'm hoping the Fusion Hybrid turns out good, because I'd like to stay American.  I have driven a Prius, and it a very nice car, so Ford's got their work cut out for them.
Ames" border="0

kendra

I drive a Chrysler because I got an amazing deal on it -- prior to that, I had a Nissan, and I would have purchased another had I not been offered the Chrysler. I've owned a VW, a Chevrolet, a Dodge, the Nissan, and the Chrysler I currently have, and the Nissan was by far the most sturdily-built, and best-performing car I've ever owned.

Every person (friends and family) I've known who had a Ford had a horrible time with it...constantly breaking down, cheaply made, needing work. If one of the Big 3 was going to go, that would be my pick, because out of all the major domestic manufacturers, their cars seem to be the worst. But that is, of course, just my opinion. I'm happy with my Chrysler, but my next car will likely be another Nissan, or a Toyota. More and more people I've seen start buying imports when they've bought domestics all their life, simply because of the quality (and when I say imports, I don't mean ones like Hyundai and Kia, who aren't built to last a long time at all). Things get to a point where it's not so much "oh, I'm buying a domestic car" that's important...it's "oh, I'm buying a car that is going to last me a long, long time" which is more often the case with the higher-level imports. Of course, there are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule, and surely most everyone knows someone who's got a domestic that is 15+ years old and still going, but that is not generally the case...the ancient beaters that are still somehow running smoothly and passing their state inspections (for those of us who have them) are usually your Japanese or European imports.

jmcnamara96

QuoteOriginally posted by Ames#1171
I have owned five cars since I've been driving.  Four of them were GM cars, and one was a Ford.  My next car will be a Hybrid, so it will either be the Toyota Prius or Ford Fusion Hybrid.  I'm hoping the Fusion Hybrid turns out good, because I'd like to stay American.  I have driven a Prius, and it a very nice car, so Ford's got their work cut out for them.

GM is coming out with the Chevy Volt HyBird

beachgal26

I have to be practical and have owned 3 Toyotas in the past 25 years which is a pretty remarkable record.  The first one died on us after 15 years, the next was traded in at just under 150,000 miles and my latest Matrix is still going strong after 3 years!  :yup:

Ameskid

We've got a Ford Fusion right now, a 2008 model.  It is an AWESOME ride, one of the most comfortable cars I've ever ridden in, and we haven't had a problem with it yet.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/