Main Menu

Subway

Started by Caldor1999, April 10, 2005, 08:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patk

your right i fixed it

Hudsons81

In other news, the Subway on the future Cinemark corridor at Southland Center in Taylor, MI closed a few months ago, but they will return to the mall soon.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Subway just introduced a new logo based on their original logo:

A new symbol for Subway also has been introduced:

Both logos have been quietly rolled out in TV commercials, and are expected to go live next year.

busman_49

There's a logo change I can live with!

Chuck E. Cheese

I like what they did with it

TheFugitive

Taking customers' minds back to the pre-Jared days is probably a smart move.

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 09, 2016, 11:55:32 AM
Taking customers' minds back to the pre-Jared days is probably a smart move.
Yes! I like to remember Subway for their submarine sandwiches made with fresh, baked bread. This really is a "fresh" new direction for the chain, which could never have come at a better time than this. They're positioning themselves for a great future with fresher ingredients and a "clean slate" while honoring their past. I really hope they bring back their New York City Subway wallpaper. I really loved that.

Ameskid

Looks kind of like the Sprite logo...
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Quote from: Ameskid on October 09, 2016, 05:23:58 PM
Looks kind of like the Sprite logo...
There has been mixed reactions to the new logo lately. Some say it's a welcome change from the previous Italic Subway logo, while others think of the Waste Management logo which used the same colors.

Chuck E. Cheese

I think it's partly an excuse not to update older stores. Haha

Quote from: Patrick Boots CEC on October 10, 2016, 07:36:39 AM
I think it's partly an excuse not to update older stores. Haha
They are going to update their stores. In 2017, expect to to see this logo on existing locations and new locations.

I started seeing the new Subway logo on napkins and in-store advertisements recently.

Zayre88

Quote from: retailisking on March 17, 2017, 05:49:12 PM
https://consumerist.com/2017/03/17/subway-suing-over-news-story-claiming-its-chicken-is-largely-soy/

I used to like Marketplace.  It was an interesting program on consumer issues but has slowly shifted towards being somewhat anti-capitalist and against big corporations, they favor big government.  They're part of that being a national public network funded by government.

giantsfan2016

Subway is unveiling a new looks for its restaurants. This after  four straight years of slumping sales.

http://www.bristolpress.com/BP-General+News/293094/subway-looking-to-update-stores-notsofresh-look

Brammy's thoughts: To the guy who said this will be a hardship to struggling franchisees, I say then Subway should revoke the franchise licenses. Simple as that.

NJxxJon

I wish stores wouldnt use TABLETS as CASH REGISTERS lol......other than that.....pic looks awesome....
JN

TheFugitive

This remodel WILL be a major burden on franchisees.  They are small business people,
and most are not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination.  By forcing this Subway
WILL put a lot of them out of business (which is perhaps their intent).

I expect a flood of lawsuits will follow.

EddieJ1984

I rarely ever get subway, Wawa is better.
Then a couple of local hoagie places are leagues better.
Also Ordering tablets make sense since Wawa has had them over a decade at least, I imagine there are people that would rather choose all their options then order then have to watch the "Sandwich Artist" make the hoagie while asking them at each step what they want.

Chuck E. Cheese

While I like the look of it, I doubt it will go as planned for ALL stores - just like any remodel for any brand.

Us Nutmeg-ers might get it first, though - Subway's headquarters is in Milfrod, CT.

shore72

From what I've heard over the years, Subway isn't the easiest franchise to own & be a success. I've seen a lot of them go under over time, including the one we had in our small town. It's not exactly a money machine.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: shore72 on July 17, 2017, 09:32:36 PM
From what I've heard over the years, Subway isn't the easiest franchise to own & be a success. I've seen a lot of them go under over time, including the one we had in our small town. It's not exactly a money machine.

That's probably because apparently like Dunkin there is no exclusivity to one particular town for franchisees. Take my hometown of Bristol, Connecticut.

There are at least 3 different franchise owners for Subway.

I think 815 Pine Street, 296 Middle Street, 1400 Farmingon Ave (inside Walmart), and possibly 1197 Farmington Ave are all owned by one guy who owns like 2 1/2 dozen locations statewide

Now 123 Farmington Ave has a different owner. And I believe 59 North Main Street has a different owner than the rest.

I just hope some locations get a logo switch, if they can't afford a full renovation of their restaurant.

Pictures of Subway's new look:

A new Subway restaurant has opened in Burton, England:

Another Subway showcasing their new look:

Another Subway restaurant with the new look:

I tried their new Autumn Carved Turkey sub. It was delicicious. I loved that they brought back the yellow cheddar slices. I also love the sweet cranberry mustard.

JJBers

Here's my closest Subway. Just a typical location:

Subway (North Windham, Connecticut) by JJBers, on Flickr
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

Number of Subway restaurant locations opening each year worldwide
1965: 1
1974: 16
1981: 200
1982: 300
1985: 500
1987: 1,000
1988: 2,000
1990: 5,000
2018: 45,000

International locations
1965: United States (as Pete's Super Submarines)
1968: United States (as Subway)
1984: Bahrain
1986: Canada
1987: Bahamas
1990: Mexico
1992: Japan, Saudi Arabia
1995: China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Honduras, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Switzerland, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan
1996: Colombia, Denmark, Guatemala, Kuwait, Martinique, Nicaragua, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Venezuela
2001: India

MikeinBuffalo

The location at the Eastern Hills Mall has closed, though I am not sure if this is temporary or not. The signage has come down, but they have left all equipment and background decorations up. Remodel possible?
Bed Bath and Beyond grunt.
N.Y. Ames Pilgrimages completed: Medina #69, Alden #78, Collins #79, Tonawanda #251, Blasdell #1066, South Cheektowaga #1077 (RIP), Cheektowaga/Depew #1079, Buffalo #1109, Buffalo #1206 (RIP)
Dead Retail of Buffalo on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141912098@N03/albums