Main Menu

What if

Started by EscheAmes, January 07, 2009, 10:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EscheAmes

What if when im a adult (around 29 or so) i took a small Ames store and made it operational? It probably wouldn't happen but one of you are probably dying to do it.  Just some questions

Would It Be illegal to do it?

Since Ames is gone, would the name still be copyrighted?

Can you get into Legal trouble if you use the same name (and sign) for the building?

sincerely,
                               Trevor

NJxxJon

Go for it. There is other businesses under the name AMES.
JN

jmcnamara96

YOU COULD FIND THE OWNER OR CO-OWNERS AND TALK ABOUT BEING ABLE TO USE IT OR SIGN THE COPYRIGHT OVER TO YOU OR JUST LET USE IT :o

EscheAmes

I know it would be along way off, but if i ever did it. Heres what would likely happen.

If they don't let me use the name, i could change it to "Amazing Ames"...not copyrighted eh :mrpink: (even though it was there slogan). And i really wouldn't do much to the building to save $$$. The colors would stay Emerald Green and White. But the "Amazing" part Red. It would be updated to the year it was built (interior). Maybe some exterior work here and there.

Conceptual Render. Hope you like it :insane: (sorry for the lack of quality for the "Amazing" part. And i know that is not the Ames logo, i couldn't find the font and so i messed around with Times New Roman

Mobil

Trademark laws apply to all major organizations, including ones that are defunct.

reitelle

Regardless of whether or not there are copy laws... that is a AWESOME idea!!! If you could keep costs down and make the products as cheap as they had originally been people would love to shop there.