Boston Market

Started by Caldor1999, April 10, 2005, 08:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

This is the location on Western Avenue in Albany - just down from the UAlbany entrance.  This is one of the many things in the former ShopRite buidling.

Anonymous

I can name three that closed in the Philadelphia area: one in Media that was demolished (a McDonald's has since been built there,) one in Kennett Square now a Hill's Seafood (which I believe is their third location,) and one in Newtown Square. I don't remember exactly what it is now but I think it's some diner.

Anonymous

I forgot to add that the only one still in my area is the one in Clifton Heights.

StarSage

I think I recall having read somewhere that Boston Market emerged from bankruptcy as a result of having been acquired by the infamous parent company of McDonald's.

A friend of mine, who was familiar with Boston Market back when they were Boston Chicken, says their service has really gone downhill (supposedly after McD's buyout). If you ask me their counters are arranged a little stupidly. I mean, if you're going to let your customers choose their selections (ala cafeteria style) then why the hell should they do it AFTER they've paid. The register should be on the opposite side :flaming:

d_fife

boston market in manchester ct outside toys r us plaza

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

d_fife

west hartford near shaw's.

d_fife

d_fife

boston market bristol ct

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
boston market bristol ct

bristol ct

d_fife

danbury ct boston market

d_fife

here is boston market in new city ny

d_fife

boston market in berlin ct in stop and shop

videogamer75

Here's the Boston Market in Berlin, NJ. I love this restaurant!

JimSawhill

The first Boston Market I ate at was in the School Street Square in East Hartford, CT. (about a year later it was gone). The Boston Market in Brandon, FL is okay with their food.

giantsfan2016

The Bristol, Connecticut location has been open for a really long time. It used to be Roy Rogers. Surprised they never had a location in Southington.

Did anyone watch the Boston Market episode of Undercover Boss? I laughed so hard when the "boss" lady revealed herself and fired that dude with the bad attitude. It was also funny when he appeared in the "Epic Employees" episode of Undercover Boss and he was pissed that people thought he was gay. He referred to himself as "The Kim Kardashian of Boston Market", so of course people would think he was gay

giantsfan2016

The first and only time I had Boston Market was when the Walmart I was working at for Holiday 2013 in Bristol, Connecticut had them cater for us on Thanksgiving. The food was good. Prior to that I had only had the Boston Market frozen meals from the supermarket, which are pretty good too.

TheFugitive

New Jersey authorities have fined Boston Market over $2 million after finding the company owed nearly $600,000 worth of unpaid wages to their workers.

The 27 Boston Market stores in New Jersey were ordered to close until after they had paid the back wages.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/aug/16/new-jersey-slams-boston-market-26-million-fines-un/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Buried in this article are additional details about vendors and landlords who say they have not been paid in up to two years.  All of which points to a chain which will be joining the "defunct" list soon.

TheFugitive

The last Boston Market in my area has closed.
It was along Greentree Road near the former Parkway Center Mall.

I remember the controversy years ago when the elegant former
Green Tree Borough Building was razed to make way for this store.
Now the cool old building is gone and they've got a boarded-up
store in its place.

Boston Market's website now does not show any locations in Greater Pittsburgh.