Boston Market

Started by Caldor1999, April 10, 2005, 08:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

andouther good chian of foods they Filed for Bankrupcie in 1998 and emerged in 2000 and a stonger company they use to be called Bosten Chicken untill 1996
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

I always remembered the chain as Boston Chicken and now it's Boston Market, so i was right after all, it once was Boston Chicken !! Thanks :yup:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
I always remembered the chain as Boston Chicken and now it's Boston Market, so i was right after all, it once was Boston Chicken !! Thanks :yup:

yep they changed it my sister worked there in 1995 and back then it was called bosten Chicken:yup:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

store215

Boston Market took over all the Roy Rogers locations in the Philly area that were company owned locations:flaming:. Most have closed and are now sitting empty.

C. Fontaine

I got offered a mgmt. position by these guys a while back, after I posted my resume on monster.com.  Sometimes I regret turning it down.

HoJofan206

All of the Boston Market locations in Tennesse and Kentucky  closed down back around 2000.  At least the ones in the cities I visit (Nashville, Louisville, Clarksville).  I like Boston Market, in fact, I buy some of the frozen foods since I no longer have the restaurant option.

Jag67

Here's (blurry) one in Cheektowaga, NY.
my dad and I ususally go here after drum lessons.

HoJofan206

I hope the company continues to open locations, especailly here in the mid-west :P

thedisneystore967

they had one by me in a plaza with a former uptons. It closed in 1999 because of a new one a couple of miles away... it is now being demolished for an dumb office building:mad:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Boston Market took over all the Roy Rogers locations in the Philly area that were company owned locations:flaming:. Most have closed and are now sitting empty.

Yep. This one Roy Rogers near me wasn't turned into a Boston Market though. It was turned into Louie Louie King Of Pizza! :insane: Before it was a Roy Rogers though it was an Arby's. This other Roy's near me was turned into a Harleysville National Bank. Also this other Roy's was gutted and turned into a Boston market then gutted again and turned into a Donato's Pizza and now gutted again to become a Wendy's and the small sign out front that says Drive Thru still says Roy Rogers on it! :o

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

Yep. This one Roy Rogers near me wasn't turned into a Boston Market though. It was turned into Louie Louie King Of Pizza! :insane: Before it was a Roy Rogers though it was an Arby's. This other Roy's near me was turned into a Harleysville National Bank. Also this other Roy's was gutted and turned into a Boston market then gutted again and turned into a Donato's Pizza and now gutted again to become a Wendy's and the small sign out front that says Drive Thru still says Roy Rogers on it! :o

This is the former Donato's/Roy Rogers  in Feasterville right?

And I think the "Louie Louie" one was also some chinese place somewhere in between (the last time I ate there, they had very chinese looking light fixtures in the parking lot)

Then there was another Roy Rogers in Horsham by the Bradless/Walmart that became a Burger King about 5 or 6 years back....they really had a lot of locations.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

This is the former Donato's/Roy Rogers  in Feasterville right?

And I think the "Louie Louie" one was also some chinese place somewhere in between (the last time I ate there, they had very chinese looking light fixtures in the parking lot)

Then there was another Roy Rogers in Horsham by the Bradless/Walmart that became a Burger King about 5 or 6 years back....they really had a lot of locations.

Yes, the Feasterville one.

I don't remember a chinese restuarant.

That wasn't a Roy Roger's. That was a Hardee's. There was a Roy Roger's about a mile away from there on Easton Road. It was later a Boston Market and now a Donato's.

LazarusFan

Boston Market is like an upscale version of Kentucky Fried Chicken.  There food is good.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by LazarusFan
Boston Market is like an upscale version of Kentucky Fried Chicken.  There food is good.

Its like Thanksgiving year round there! :tumble:

storehistoryguy

Here is a store from back when they were Boston Chicken. They changed there name to kind of say that they sell more then just chicken.

Jag67

Hey Amesfanman where did you get that sign??

tokensafari

I went to a Boston Market when i was younger. It reminded me of a Cafeteria, but better. They food was good and the enviroment was very nice and organized.

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
Good deals at Boston Market.

http://www.bostonmarket.com/offers/coupons.jsp
http://www.bostonmarket.com/email/sirloinLaunch.html

The last one has a funny video! :insane:

LOL its funny in the last link the video that the person eating the steak is also eating the plate!!!!!!

This is possibly the reason WHY Boston Chicken changed to Boston Market!!!!!

Dinner (the coupons) and a movie (the steak video). :insane:

storehistoryguy

Until we can put aromas and flavors on the Internet, we'll have to rely on the words and pictures on this site to give you a taste of what Boston Market? is all about. :insane:

HoJofan206

What is everyone's favorite Boston Market dish? :huh:

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
What is everyone's favorite Boston Market dish? :huh:

Fried chicken with vegetables, mashed potatos and corn bread. :P

HoJofan206

I like the Meat Loaf with Mashed potatoe's and Mac and Cheese.  :bouncing:

storehistoryguy

Go to the Boston Market website. > :insane: http://www.bostonmarket.com/index.jsp There is a funny song on there. If you don't get the song right away, refresh the page until you do.

storehistoryguy

d_fife

they closed a bunch of'em in the late 1990s/early 2000s because they went bankrupt. they closed em in dover, keene, lebanon nh and they were newer ones. some in mass closed like woburn and burlington and beverly.

d_fife

here is boston market in yonkers ny on cross country shopping center on central park ave

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1141430918&subNum=40214000001

BillyGr

The Delaware Ave location in Delmar closed at some point (I haven't been through that area recently) and has now been demolished to build a new CVS to replace an older (cramped) location on the opposite corner.

The photo is the Latham location, across from Latham Circle Mall on Route 9.  It's a former McDonald's building (but was Boston Chicken before they were owned by McDonald's).