Your retail collection

Started by Caldor1999, April 10, 2005, 08:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

i wish i had a chance to see a montgoemry ward but they dident have any located were i live the one clost to me closed in 1981 7 years before i was even born form what i know they were alot like sears but wards seem to be better looking and seems to have a nicer lay out from teh loks of it sears should have went out not wards but yea i dont have anytghing from them but i think my granma might i also think she has a buch of old sercive emrchandise catlots i also have a pic of a caldor r that i got off of the newingtion ct caldor heh
http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/CharmedOne9805/caldor14.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">
http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/CharmedOne9805/caldor29.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

MontgomeryWardFan

I Found in My Grandparents Basement

1 Hudsons Thanksgiving bag
1 Montgomery Ward Bag
and a Woolworth Express Bag

Ameskid

I have now added:
1 pad of Zany Brainy drawing paper
1 Twin Fair sticker
2 Rike's price tags
1 Gold Circle price sticker
1 KB Toys price tag
2 different Swallen's stickers (1 just remains of sticker)
1 Drug Fair bag
1 G.C. Murphy's iron-on tag
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

MontgomeryWardFan

I have also added 3 montgomery ward Envelopes
 late 60s to early 80s logo

beachgal26

I worked for Montgomery Ward in 1972-1974 and will try and see if I still have any of my old paystubs.

:goodidea::goodidea::goodidea::goodidea:

Ameskid

I now have, in addition:
1 or more 1975 Albers ads
1 1975 Value City ad
1 Ames bag
2 same May 1997 Sears ads
1 Ames Summer Sale ad
1 May 1996 Sears ad
1 diffrent May 1996 Sears ad
1 1996 Kmart ad
3 All About Sports price stickers
1 1970's Kmart matchbook
1 Montgomery Ward 3 sticked yardstick
3 plastic Hojo cups
1 May 1996 Sears Brand Central ad
1 1996 BEST ad
1 different 1996 BEST ad
1 1996 JCPenny ad
1 part of a Hechinger ad
1 June 1996 Hechinger booklet
2 1996 Home Depot pages of a booklet
2 March 1996 Hechinger booklet pages
1 page of a BEST ad
1 1996 Ames Biggest Toy Sale ad
1 1995 Toys "R" Us ad
! Drug Fair price tag
1 Hechinger price sticker
1 Dart price tag
1 ServiStar price tag
1 Trak Auto receipt-5-31-90
1 Wye River receipt-1/26/99
1 Hechinger receipt-7-6-89
1 Drug Emporium receipt-12-4-90
1 Frank's receipt-9-10-90
1 Zayre receipt-2-19-90 (Note: I think they must've had spare receipts or something, as Ames bought Zayre in 1988.....maybe the store didn't change names)
1 Woodward & Lothrop receipt-9/25/90
9 Wards receipts- from 1-1 to 12-1-90
9 Pace receipts- from 1/10 to 12/20/1990
8 Ames receipts (5 w/ red logo, 3 w/ green logo)- from 4-11-90 to 7-27-1999
(I got almost all of these, except the Albers ad, Value City ad, and All About Sports price stickers, from my Grandma's house. Sometimes being a packrat leads to rewards-for your grandkids!:insane:)
By the way, I almost got a humongous Bradlees bag.....but failed!:(

Ameskid

195 items everyone!
I got a lot of sears, Ames, Wards, Dart and Peoples Drug, woolworth, and other stuff from my grandparents. I'll list it all when I have more time.

DandaAmesman

Grand Opening Borchure for W. Central Ave in Toledo, Oh. The funny thing is, I found it under a gondola unit that was coming down on the last day of operation. Kinda cool, I was there for the ribbon cutting, and I was there on the last day.

The inside lisiting the grand opening events. The frist 1000 people through the doors at 9 got a free Ames tote bag and a bag of Hersery's Kisses with a scrath-off ticket.

The back side which again listed events. The American Greetings bear and Barbie were hightlights in the toy department and free samples of cookies in the food department.

The is one of the liqudation signs from the W. Central Ave store. It took me awhile to get this sign, the liqudation manager refused- until the last day.
This sign is what orginally got me into "store closing" sales, which was pretty wierd for a 9 year old.

These images are of store closing signs used my mom's store in the plaza as Ames. After the Ames it sat empty until one of those- "pay to get in" flea markets moved it. My mom's friend's boyfriend sold stuffed toys in there. The flea market was evicted becuase of failure to pay rent and they caused havoc on my mom's store- people lined up outside of her door while waiting to get into the flea market. Also, because some of customers "weren't honest" my mom's theft went 5% while the flea market was in the plaza.

Even the plaza was completey, my mom's store held its own was one of the top performing stores in the district. The orginal plans for the plaza called for Wal-Mart to move into the old Ames space, and my mom's store. My mom's store was to move to an old Kroger location (which closed because a new freestanding store was built miles away) and Famer Jack (an A&P store) would a new unit peridicular to the current plaze (creating an L shape).

However, Famer Jack store many of its Toledo stores at the time, and the plans fell through. Because Jo-Ann's didn't want to buy the plaza, the plaza was sold to Wal-Mart.

We found out that store was closing on Christmas Day, when my mom's boss dropped off the store closing manual (Jo-Ann's does not use liqudators).

The store closed a year to the day that Ames did- March 16- the same day that my grandpa died.

As you can see, Jo-Ann's uses a no-frills store closing sign. 10 of these were hung around the store and in the front window although with a yellow "STORE CLOSING SIGN" and a "TOTAL INVENTORY LIQUDATION REDUCTION SALE" which stated the infamous "No Refunds, No Exxhnages..."

The store was also littered with these:
http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/Dan-currier/DSCF2394.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">
which were hung off EVERYTHING and made the store a mess of yellow.

Because many people thought that Jo-Ann's was going out of business, my mom made the employees cut out the lil star bursts and wear them next to their name tag.

(Sorry, I made a story out of this, but I like people knowing the story behind the pictures ;) )

ameskmart1

Albertsons 2003 Annual Report
Albertsons History book (1939-1989)
Joe Albertsons Memories book

Tons of photo sleeves from PriceCostco (Costco's old name in early 1990s), PayLess Drug, Buttrey Food & Drug

Caldor price stickers (from eBay)

Credit/Club/Gift cards from Gemco, Fedco, Ernst, Lamonts, Albertsons, Shaw's, The Bon Marche, I. Magnin, Stage, Acme, Kroger, Bi-Mart, PriceCostco, Nordstrom, WinCo Foods and much more.

A 60% off lowest ticketed price sign from Hancock Fabrics GOB sale in Great Falls, Montana

Ads from Target, Toys "R" Us, Sears, Kmart, Circuit City, ShopKo, Albertsons, Safeway, CompUSA, Grocery Outlet, Belk, Gart Sports, Fred Meyer, Winn-Dixie, Party City, Herberger's, Real Canadian Superstore, Future Shop, Zellers, AAFES, Marshall Field's and plenty more.

Price stickers from Kmart (1970s, 1990s), Ernst, Best, Bi-Mart, Bonanza Value, Grand Central, Sprouse-Reitz, Skaggs, Hills, Pay N Pak, Raleys, S.S. Kresge's.

Store directory maps from Fred Meyer, Smith's Marketplace, Nordstrom and Powell's Books

Credit card applications from Marshall Field's, Bon-Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Best Buy, Bloomingdale's, REI, Fred Meyer Jewelers, Loaf 'N Jug

Dillard's customer comment card and post cards from Powell's Books.

Receipts from Osco Drug, Sears, Fred Meyer, HMV, Kinney's Shoes and Sam Goody.

Coupon's from SuperTarget, Media Play, Sam Goody and Suncoast Motion Picture Company
Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

XISMZERO

I've got a genuine 1994 Caldor street sign. My girlfriend helped me heist it last Summer. I'd rather not say which location I got it from but it was one, long vacant one in the Hartford area. Funny story actually, we managed to stuff this enormous sign in my Civic.

It's been painted over, thickly, so I haven't been able to get all the paint off yet. It's my most prized (re)possession of a retail collection.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

C. Fontaine

Oh man that is truly a great find!  I had no idea you had that!

Reminds me of these Ames signs I got from the Webster SQ. Ames location in Worcester!  Unfortunately I have no daring story, the company building the new Shaws let us have them!

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Oh man that is truly a great find!  I had no idea you had that!

Reminds me of these Ames signs I got from the Webster SQ. Ames location in Worcester!  Unfortunately I have no daring story, the company building the new Shaws let us have them!

I kept it secret for a while for fear of fear itself. Either way, it was just sitting near the road pilon so I saw my chance. Actually, I was going to come back later that night but my girlfriend suggested I do it now, in broad daylight. That's great that you got three of those Ames signs, are they heavy? The Caldor one is so big I can barely fit in a room.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

C. Fontaine

Actually I got all four, the Shaw's guys left them on the side of the store for me.  Yeah they're pretty heavy!  The only place I can fit them is my shed!  It is great doing it in broad daylight, that's how I've grabbed all my receiving signs!

Lastdaysofrain

I have a TON of Zayre stuff:

- Credit Cards
- Shoe Horns
- Mirrors
- a Puzzle
- A truck (not full sized, matchbox style)
- A Zayre's Teddy Bear in a Zayre's smock
- Zayre's shirt

Caldor
- Credit Card
- Security uniform (Ebay)
- a training VHS from the early 90s on how to catch shoplifters

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Lastdaysofrain
I have a TON of Zayre stuff:

- Credit Cards
- Shoe Horns
- Mirrors
- a Puzzle
- A truck (not full sized, matchbox style)
- A Zayre's Teddy Bear in a Zayre's smock
- Zayre's shirt

Caldor
- Credit Card
- Security uniform (Ebay)
- a training VHS from the early 90s on how to catch shoplifters

Would like to see all of those. How's about scanning or snapping some quality photos of your goods?
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
I've got a genuine 1994 Caldor street sign. My girlfriend helped me heist it last Summer. I'd rather not say which location I got it from but it was one, long vacant one in the Hartford area. Funny story actually, we managed to stuff this enormous sign in my Civic.

It's been painted over, thickly, so I haven't been able to get all the paint off yet. It's my most prized (re)possession of a retail collection.

hmm i think  i know what caldor you got this from lets just say its the caldor were i took a pice of the R from :p
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Hddfan135

I really don't have much. I only have a Bradlees tag and a Woolworth tag.

But I DO have a still vacant ames near me, so I might be able to grab some stuff there

Great Eastern

This is an interesting forum string. Between my wife and I, thank God we were pack rats LOL.

I know my wife and I have bags From:
Bradlees
2 Guys
Ames
Great Eastern
Britts
Korvettes
Crazy Eddies
Harrows (Seasonal Store in the NY / NJ area until the 80's)
Robert Hall
Nichols
Modells Dept Store (The original Dept Store, Not the sporting goods store)
Park n Shop Toy Shores (Part of the Modells Chain)
Valley Fair
Hermans Sporting Goods
jamesway
National Family Stores (A big discount Dept Store that was in Garfield, NJ)
Great American
Clover
Stern's
bambergers
A&S
Orhbachs
Gimbels
Steinbachs
Lionel Kiddie City
Coronet Toy Stores (and NO talking Orangutangs !  People in the New York City  - Long Island and Jersey area will get that LOL )
Brick Church
Trader Horn
Hahne's
Strawberry & Clothier
bEST
Consumers Distributing
Service Merchandise
Sears Outlet centers
Sears (Old Green Bags)
Medi-Mart
Montgomery wards
Child World
B. Altmans
WT Grants
JJ Newberry
HL Green
Kresges and Kress
McCrorys
Woolworths
Grand way
Rickles
Channel Home Centers
Grossmans Lumberama

And I I know that is more.  Her mom and my mom and grandmother use to save these old bags. LOL I don't know, must be an Italian thing LOL. I say that because my wife does it now LOL. I know we even have receipts and tags for most of the stores above too.  We have them in an old steamer trunk.  Went I get the time, I will take photos and post them on here.

I know I have an old Two Guys tag that was my wife's too.  I took a pic and posted on a Two Guys string on this forum and I also have a Channel Home Centers one too.  She went to work there after Two Guys closed in 81.

Ameskid

Wow, really?  My grandma is 100% Italian and collected bags from the '70s through '80s, too!  Must be an Italian thing indeed!!

Great Eastern

LOL.  I am glad someone agrees.  Today my wife and I were looking through an old box of photographs and the photos were inside bags too. We came across  these:

A green Bambergers bag
a Rockaway Sales Dept Store Bag (They were part of the OLD Modell's Dept Store chain which later because the sporting goods store.)
A Ginsberg Dept Store bag (An old children's clothing Dept Store in Passaic, NJ )
and a Staff's Good Deal Supermarket brown bag

I told her we got to rip everything apart now LOL.  Best thing is I don't have to hunt down in flea markets anymore LOL.  Just have to go through our families old boxes LOL

M&M

tokensafari

i recently purchased 2 movie display cases from a movie gallery that was closing

Mobil

I have a Hot Wheels Woolworth truck from 1991.

Ameskid

Actually 1997, was when that was released.

Time to prove my HW geekiness:
1991 is not the year it was produced, but rather the year that the casting was copyrighted.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by Ameskid

1991 is not the year it was produced, but rather the year that the casting was copyrighted.

1997? Was it released because they were GOB?

Mobil

I wonder which truck was older! I saw a Bradlees commercial from 1980 on YouTube with a truck like the first one here. There was and still is a Perkins smoke shop near me, opened in 1974! MediMart was sold to Walgreens. They were both divested in 1986. I saw a truck like the second one on a train ride from Philadelphia to Boston once.

Mobil

The second one. This one was probably later because Bradlees's "slogan" was "One of the Stop & Shop companies" in at least 1974.

jmcnamara96

i have a
zayre clothing tag
paint with ames label
pack of longjons from ames
a filenes box
A 1980s osco drug bag
a furniture world bag
a fleet bank
tweeter center article
circut city article
averys furnitures of nashua gob flyer
a pack of hinges from spags
a 50% of sign from kb toys gob sale
and a bunch of random recites

jmcnamara96

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil
The second one. This one was probably later because Bradlees's "slogan" was "One of the Stop & Shop companies" in at least 1974.
i want it lol

Ameskid

My bad, 1996.  It was in a Hot Wheels two-pack.
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/images/limiteds/16558.jpg
They also produced versions for Jewel-Osco, HEB, Lucky, Vons, Hugh's, Albertsons, and Shop Rite.

Mobil

My bad, 1996.  It was in a Hot Wheels two-pack.
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/images/limiteds/16558.jpg
They also produced versions for Jewel-Osco, HEB, Lucky, Vons, Hugh's, Albertsons, and Shop Rite.

I actually got one at their closing sale. Also in my collection is an Albertsons one, a General Mills one, and a general Hot Wheels one. They also made one for Sav-on/Osco.