Toys "R" Us/Babies "R" Us/Kids "R" Us

Started by Caldor99, January 06, 2005, 01:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

It's also a shame that real-estate prices on large buildings like this in New York City are going up. While there are dozens of other Toys "R" Us locations in NYC, they weren't as flashy as this one was.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 31, 2016, 03:26:51 PM
It's also a shame that real-estate prices on large buildings like this in New York City are going up. While there are dozens of other Toys "R" Us locations in NYC, they weren't as flashy as this one was.

it should have made it as it was more than just a toy store, not just a run in the mill toy store. the ferris wheel you had to pay to get on and that so they should have maybe downsized the store to make the rent affordable!

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 31, 2016, 06:57:22 PM

it should have made it as it was more than just a toy store, not just a run in the mill toy store. the ferris wheel you had to pay to get on and that so they should have maybe downsized the store to make the rent affordable!
I agree. They should have relocated to a smaller location with enough room for the ferris wheel.

Pikapower

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 31, 2016, 11:43:06 PM

I agree. They should have relocated to a smaller location with enough room for the ferris wheel.
There is no Toys "R" Us store in the world that is big enough for the Ferris wheel from the Times Square location unless Toys "R" Us opens up an amusement park!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

danfifepsu

Quote from: Pikapower on August 01, 2016, 05:26:25 AM

There is no Toys "R" Us store in the world that is big enough for the Ferris wheel from the Times Square location unless Toys "R" Us opens up an amusement park!

they dont they do that? I mean was that store should have been safe, they even used that store for marketing presentations.

busman_49

Quote from: danfifepsu on August 01, 2016, 08:53:07 AM

they dont they do that? I mean was that store should have been safe, they even used that store for marketing presentations.

Nothing's safe in the retail world anymore...

danfifepsu

Quote from: busman_49 on August 01, 2016, 11:49:06 AM

that should have!!! and will Toy sr us have another flagship store?

Pikapower

Quote from: danfifepsu on August 01, 2016, 01:26:03 PM

The odds of Toys "R" Us opening another flagship store is slim to none with the way the "brick and mortar" retail industry is going, no store is going to open up anymore flagship stores.

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

danfifepsu

Quote from: Pikapower on August 01, 2016, 01:28:34 PM

The odds of Toys "R" Us opening another flagship store is slim to none with the way the "brick and mortar" retail industry is going, no store is going to open up anymore flagship stores.

why that was a glamorous one and I thought they vowed to seek one out. is that the end of birck and motor and are flagship stores bad or something?

Quote from: danfifepsu on August 05, 2016, 12:43:51 PM

why that was a glamorous one and I thought they vowed to seek one out. is that the end of birck and motor and are flagship stores bad or something?
Brick and mortar won't be going away anytime soon. We'll still see flagship stores, but they will be a rare breed of retail. At least New York still has their flagship Nintendo Store and Macy's Department store. Don't expect brick and mortar to be gone because of online retail. Online retail and brick and mortar retail can coexist. Some stores have a website-to-store feature that allows a person to purchase something online, and then pick it up when it arrives at your store.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on August 05, 2016, 05:52:45 PM

Brick and mortar won't be going away anytime soon. We'll still see flagship stores, but they will be a rare breed of retail. At least New York still has their flagship Nintendo Store and Macy's Department store. Don't expect brick and mortar to be gone because of online retail. Online retail and brick and mortar retail can coexist. Some stores have a website-to-store feature that allows a person to purchase something online, and then pick it up when it arrives at your store.

what of another flagship Toys r us in TImes square with a wow shopping experience?

Pikapower

Quote from: danfifepsu on August 16, 2016, 04:40:31 PM

what of another flagship Toys r us in Times square with a wow shopping experience?

I don't think that Toys "R" Us is going to open up another store in Times Square.

danfifepsu

Quote from: Pikapower on August 20, 2016, 05:19:36 PM

what of another flagship Toys r us in Times square with a wow shopping experience?

I don't think that Toys "R" Us is going to open up another store in Times Square.

why and I Thought they vowed they would

Pikapower

Quote from: danfifepsu on August 21, 2016, 07:56:15 AM

High rent that is why Toys "R" Us closed their Times Square store in the first place!

danfifepsu

Quote from: Pikapower on August 21, 2016, 09:05:10 AM
Quote from: danfifepsu on August 21, 2016, 07:56:15 AM

High rent that is why Toys "R" Us closed their Times Square store in the first place!

I know that as it went from 12 to 50 m rent but finding a new liocation is what could be done! it was even busy at 4 am near xmas there I heard.

retailisking

XISMZERO

Still old-school as far as the colors and rainbow stripes...

Entrance panel has been replaced for a "Welcome" panel along with the building signage. No more Kids R Us branding on the store's roof.

This leaves only a handful with original elements/signs and the like. I visited the Montgomery, AL store back in May and it was gloriously trapped in time still!

Thanks to Wendy Lopez, who submitted a picture on Google Maps.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Chuck E. Cheese

[Side note]Nick is Back! I binge-read the entire blog of yours. Big fan.[/side note]

dmx10101

The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

danfifepsu

Ok when they said Toy sr us could return to Manhattan how and what?

and if that s ever said it wont look like it did in the past what do they mean?

Do Flagship stores not work or something?

Quote from: danfifepsu on December 17, 2016, 02:27:30 PM
Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue have flagship stores that work.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on December 19, 2016, 05:46:06 PM
Quote from: danfifepsu on December 17, 2016, 02:27:30 PM
Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue have flagship stores that work.

why didnt Toys r us. they should in the future. it had many many many many shoppers. Flagship stores are part of a chains advertising.

standa

I was very surprised to see that ToysRUs appears to be returning to the Hamden Mart, in the same spot it closed years ago. I wonder if it is true or if someone wrote the wrong thing on the site plan.
See link

http://properties.kimcorealty.com/properties/0500/

danfifepsu

Quote from: standa on December 20, 2016, 09:50:46 AM
I was very surprised to see that ToysRUs appears to be returning to the Hamden Mart, in the same spot it closed years ago. I wonder if it is true or if someone wrote the wrong thing on the site plan.
See link

likely wrong one, the current one is 3 miles way. what was the EAST HAVEN one like?

standa

Quote from: danfifepsu on December 20, 2016, 10:02:14 AM
See link

likely wrong one, the current one is 3 miles way. what was the EAST HAVEN one like?

The East Haven one had the old dark brown look.

danfifepsu

Quote from: standa on December 20, 2016, 01:17:34 PM
See link

what made it close? when did it?

standa

Quote from: danfifepsu on December 20, 2016, 01:55:31 PM
See link

I think it closed in the late 1990s, probably because the building was in a bad shape. It was next to a Bradlees that closed in the mid 1990s I think. I remember those buildings had very "hilly" floors because they were poorly built on top of filled wetlands. Now CarMax is built on that site.

danfifepsu

Quote from: standa on December 20, 2016, 02:23:35 PM
Quote from: danfifepsu on December 20, 2016, 01:55:31 PM
See link

I think it closed in the late 1990s, probably because the building was in a bad shape. It was next to a Bradlees that closed in the mid 1990s I think. I remember those buildings had very "hilly" floors because they were poorly built on top of filled wetlands. Now CarMax is built on that site.

whats bad shape? wow. and what was the Bradlees like?

danfifepsu

danfifepsu

whats this mean Toys R us said  "number of important initiatives planned"