Toys "R" Us/Babies "R" Us/Kids "R" Us

Started by Caldor99, January 06, 2005, 01:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian the Helenman

Also, it happens the Peabody, MA store was, of all things, a Pizza Time Theatre.

Peabody, MA: Opened ???? as Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theatre, closed ????, became Toys "R" Us in ????.

Pikapower

I wonder how many "rainbow tile" Toys "R" Us store still remain?
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Chuck E. Cheese

There was never a Pizza Time Theatre in Peabody, MA.

Brian the Helenman

Well, there might have, given that RPCEC listed Peabody as a ex-PTT here: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Retro_Pizza_Zone/topic/11642824/2/

Toys "R" Us remodeled the building beyond all manner, apparently.

Chuck E. Cheese

(Off Topic from Toys "R" Us discussion)
Okay. Don't rust RPCEC there. I know you mean well by citing the RPZ forums, but there' been numerous times that he's
Remade lists with wrong information. We don't have any evidence that there was a PTT in Peabody.

We have evidence that there was a Phase 3 remodel CEC there from our good Friend TokenSafari and a couple others.

He could have gotten confused. And if there was evidence supporting that i'd like someone to send it to me..and then I'll withdraw that statement.

(Carry On.. :P )

Brian the Helenman

Well, a topic started by 80sgirl listed Peabody as a "Closed Pizza Time Theatre"

Chuck E. Cheese

(Please no spamming the Toys R Us thread with other stuff. I do know that you said it turned into a TRU but no need to explain in the main thread. That's what PM is for.)

Hudsons81

Quote from: Hudsons81 on April 26, 2016, 03:28:16 PM
9268: 24411 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI - strip mall built 1961, opened as Bargain Town about 1970, became TRU early 1970's, remodeled into brown roof early 1980's (after 1981), remodeled into current exterior sometime between 1990-96
This store has closed as of May 31, 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DownriverThings/permalink/1098258483570966/

danfifepsu

Quote from: Hudsons81 on June 03, 2016, 06:09:52 PM
9268: 24411 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI - strip mall built 1961, opened as Bargain Town about 1970, became TRU early 1970's, remodeled into brown roof early 1980's (after 1981), remodeled into current exterior sometime between 1990-96

will it reopen anywhere?

Hudsons81

Quote from: danfifepsu on June 04, 2016, 10:08:10 AM
Quote from: Hudsons81 on June 03, 2016, 06:09:52 PM

will it reopen anywhere?
I have no idea, probably doubt it'll reopen elsewhere though, there is still a store just a few miles away in Westland.

Ameskid

Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

Brian the Helenman

Brian the Helenman

It just happens Wilmington, NC is right across the street from the Wilmington CEC.

Brian the Helenman

Tallahassee's failed repaint.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

danfifepsu

what will happen w a  Toys r us like Times Square w a candy place, ice cream place, T Rex, Barbie Doll house and Ferris Wheel?

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 16, 2016, 09:16:25 AM
what will happen w a  Toys r us like Times Square w a candy place, ice cream place, T Rex, Barbie Doll house and Ferris Wheel?

Former Toys ‘R’ Us Site in Times Square Is Being Re-Imagined
The 160,000-square-foot space will house Gap and Old Navy flagship stores

By
Hannah Furfaro

July 13, 2016 7:04 p.m. ET

Inside the Bow Tie Building in Times Square. The 160,000-square-foot space was once home to the Toys ‘R’ Us flagship store.   Photo:  Adrienne Grunwald for The Wall Street Journal

At some storefronts in Times Square are the familiar signs of construction: boarded-up exteriors with only small, porthole-shaped windows revealing the project within.

Hidden behind one of those temporary wooden facades is the skeleton of the former flagship Toys “R” Us store, now being converted into locations for clothing retailers Gap and Old Navy.

The 160,000-square-foot space, carved from the historic Bow Tie Building on Broadway that spans the block between West 44th and West 45th streets, has been gutted. Few visible vestiges of the toy store remain. In one corner, pieces of faux, oversize candies hang from an exposed ceiling. A few deflated balloons are caught high in the rafters.

The Toys “R” Us store centerpiece, a 65-foot-tall Ferris wheel, has been dismantled. Not even toe prints from the towering animatronic Tyrannosaurus Rex remain.

“The dinosaur? We shredded it and burnt it to pieces,” said Marc Heiman, chief executive and president of the construction management company Richter+Ratner.

The Toys ‘R’ Us store centerpiece was a 65-foot-tall Ferris wheel.  Photo:  DON EMMERT/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images

A Toys “R” Us spokeswoman declined Tuesday to comment about the closure, but said the search for a new location is ongoing.

A spokesman for  Gap Inc.,  the umbrella company for Gap and Old Navy, said the Bow Tie Building was appealing because it was large enough to house the two brand flagships.

Sentiment aside, the loss of Toys “R” Us and the renovations at the building have brought an unexpected strain on some commerce on Times Square.

“Toys ‘R’ Us used to attract a lot of customers here, especially kids and families,” said Rufai Mohammad, who sells tickets for New York City tours from a plaza just outside the Bow Tie Building. “But when it closed, [in] this part of the square the business is almost gone.”

Touring each level of the Bow Tie Building as the renovation proceeds involves stepping through portals in time. On the lowest floor, the ruins reveal what is thought to once have been an orchestra pit from a live theater dating to the turn of the 20th century.

On another level, fashions of the 1930s are evident in excavated terrazzo tile. Ben Moss, a co-owner of Bow Tie Partners, said the tiles could have been the original flooring from an old retail space.

Mr. Moss’s great-grandfather, B.S. Moss, was an original tenant of the building in 1936, where he opened one of the first motion-picture theaters that used sound. The movie theater occupied the building until 1999, which by the time of its closure, had become technologically “obsolete,” Mr. Moss said.

At the time, he was in talks with his father, Charles Moss about redeveloping the building, resulting in a deal with Toys “R” Us.

Not long after that, Mr. Heiman enters the storyâ€"but for the first time. He helped develop Toys “R” Us when it opened there in 2001, and now he is helping reshape the site once more 15 years later.

“You know I’m getting old when I’m now demolishing projects that I built,” he said.

Outside the construction project.   Photo:  Adrienne Grunwald for The Wall Street Journal.

The construction, which is estimated to cost tens of millions of dollars, is scheduled to be finished in early 2017. For now, the site is mostly a demolition zone. The old toy store’s lofty atrium is still intact, though the redesign includes filling it in to create 25,000 additional square feet of retail space.

Renovating a building in the middle of Times Square poses its own challenges. The crews must stage their equipment in one lane of traffic blocked off for them along West 44th Street.

And to avoid cars and foot traffic during the day, much of the work is done at night and above street level. Anyone nearby during those late hours would see silhouettes of cranes lifting steel beams up and over the sidewalk shed. One after another, the beams are delivered through a 10-foot-tall hole in the wall that conceals the project.

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 17, 2016, 12:04:34 AM
grrr

You have to accept the fact that nothing last forever.
THAT'S HOW REALITY WORKS! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO!
YOU SHOULD'VE SAW THIS COMING!

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 17, 2016, 03:33:59 AM
grrr

wel l it was MORE THAN A TOY STORE,  and dont use the word reality to me again! I dont like it when ppl use that word to me. IT was also a tourist attraction no other place had. It should have had enough power to stay and I thought They were proud of that store.

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 17, 2016, 06:12:27 PM
grrr

wel l it was MORE THAN A TOY STORE,  and dont use the word reality to me again! I dont like it when ppl use that word to me. IT was also a tourist attraction no other place had. It should have had enough power to stay and I thought They were proud of that store.
You have to learn to deal with change! DO YOU WANT TO BE FRIGGIN' MISERABLE FOR THREST OF YOUR LIFE?! THIS IS REALITY! DEAL WITH IT! I thought Green Bay, Wisconsin was going to keep Port Plaza Mall open, then the mall closed in 2006. REALITY! REALITY! REALITY!

The Real Reasons Toys 'R' Us Quit Times Square

Tom Ryan, Contributor
Forbes Magazine

QuoteIn an age when Amazon.com seems to be the only retailer on a strong growth path, physical stores are focusing on delivering satisfying experiences as a means of differentiation and viability. And yet two of New York City’s most “experiential” stores â€" FAO Schwartz and Toys “R” Us’s flagship in Times Square â€" closed over the last year.

In both cases, the reason cited for the closures was the city’s escalating rents.

FAO Schwartz, also owned by Toys “R” Us and located in the heart of Fifth Avenue across from the Plaza Hotel, closed in July after three decades at that spot. Known for its six-foot stuffed giraffes and danceable piano, the 45,000-square-foot, three-level store grew in popularity after being featured in the 1988 hit film “Big.”

The Toys “R” Us location, which closed last Wednesday, had only been open for 14 years but also drew tourists and locals to experience its 60-foot-tall indoor Ferris wheel with themed cars, the 20-foot-tall robotic T. Rex that swiveled and roared at shoppers, the 4,000-square-foot Barbie dollhouse and other marvels.

In 2001, the 110,000-square-foot space across four levels was rented for around $400 per square-foot only a few years after a massive redevelopment had transformed Times Square from a sleazy to family-friendly destination.

The 21,000-square-foot ground floor is now being marketed at $2,500 a square foot. Bradley Mendelson, an agent for the building’s owner, told USA Today, “Nobody can afford that amount of ground floor space in Times Square.”

But in an online discussion last week, some of the industry insiders of the RetailWire BrainTrust pointed to other possible reasons for the flagship failures.

“The real problem is the margin on the product,” said Lee Peterson, executive vice president of brand, strategy and design at WD Partners. “Apple doesn’t seem to have an issue with high rent. … If Toys ‘R’ Us would spend more time on proprietary product and innovation in general, they’d have less trouble paying rent in any of their locations. It’s just another sign of the death of the warehouse concept. Or, better put, the migration of the warehouse concept to clicks vs. bricks.”

“Both stores were probably guilty of keeping a pre-Amazon strategy for far too long,” said Zel Bianco, president and CEO of Interactive Edge. “Incorporating mobile shopping and encouraging an omnichannel experience could have gone a long way.”

Others thought the expectation of sales in such experiential locations was unrealistic to begin with.

“One wonders if in both cases that these stores were expected to make money,” said Professor Gene Detroyer. “If so, it was initially a foolish assumption. These stores were all about advertising and promotion and not really about selling. In both cases these locations were about corporate hubris and not corporate rationality.”

“The Toys ‘R’ Us location decision, I think, confused people with shoppers,” said Kent Smith, vice president of business development at Vaco Supply Chain Solutions. “Yes, Times Square is a busy place. But is it filled with shoppers? And Toys ‘R’ Us products are often relatively bulky. Are these the things that the zillions of people going through Times Square every year are looking to buy, especially big things that are for the most part available elsewhere? Yes there was the experience … but NYC is an experience in itself.”

Still, some saw in the closures an unpleasant reality about retail rent.

“I think it speaks loudly to urban rent risks,” said Jerry Gelsomino, principal at FutureBest. “The customer is looking for wow, particularly in this highly competitive neighborhood. Toys ‘R’ Us could have taken a smaller space, but why underwhelm the target audience?”

The Gap and Old Navy  will take over about 60 percent of the space while Toys “R” Us has vowed to seek out another flagship in Manhattan in addition to F.A.O. Schwartz.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 17, 2016, 09:08:40 PM
grrr

You have to learn to deal with change! DO YOU WANT TO BE FRIGGIN' MISERABLE FOR THREST OF YOUR LIFE?! THIS IS REALITY! DEAL WITH IT! I thought Green Bay, Wisconsin was going to keep Port Plaza Mall open, then the mall closed in 2006. REALITY! REALITY! REALITY!

please stop using the word. and of Toys r us one other change I didnt like that I got over was the brown roof ones being updated, as I now feel that is outdated looking. wh didnt they find another locatin for dearborn? its a major detroit suburb. and my pt of times square one was it was a tourist attraction for families, so much for NYc being a place for families.

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 17, 2016, 11:23:34 PM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 17, 2016, 09:08:40 PM
grrr

please stop using the word. and of Toys r us one other change I didnt like that I got over was the brown roof ones being updated, as I now feel that is outdated looking. wh didnt they find another locatin for dearborn? its a major detroit suburb. and my pt of times square one was it was a tourist attraction for families, so much for NYc being a place for families.
I'm not going to stop using that word. The reason why those locations closed was because the cost of renting a big building in New York City is too high. REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY! REALITY!

danfifepsu

well Toys r us tried to get then to lower the rent. I wish NYC didnt do that and I wish FAO didnt close too. this wont be a good place to xmas shop this yr in nyc

danfifepsu

OKKK, and that upsets me too the T rex is ripped to shreds.

danfifepsu

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 24, 2016, 04:51:57 PM

and was there more to its closing than rent going up? IT should have made it as IT WAS MORE THAN JUST A TOY STORE, or is it that flagship stores dont pay?

danfifepsu

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 24, 2016, 07:33:30 PM

and was there more to its closing than rent going up? IT should have made it as IT WAS MORE THAN JUST A TOY STORE, or is it that flagship stores dont pay?

just what went wrong w the store besides the main rent?

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 28, 2016, 09:37:25 PM

Nothing else was wrong, the store was just too big to pay its own rent in Manhattan where it has become expensive to operate one business out of a huge building. The nearest Toys "R" Us is at the Manhattan Mall.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 29, 2016, 01:21:49 PM

Nothing else was wrong, the store was just too big to pay its own rent in Manhattan where it has become expensive to operate one business out of a huge building. The nearest Toys "R" Us is at the Manhattan Mall.

but it was something other toys r us' didnt have. I Hope they have another flagship store. it was an international tourist destination I meant. this is not like a toys rus closing in some suburb in a city where you can get to another in 10 minutes, I loved it having all that stuff like the ferris wheel, T rex, Barbie doll house and candy and ice cream shops.

Ok could it be that flagship stores just dont pay?

Pikapower

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 31, 2016, 08:06:05 AM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 29, 2016, 01:21:49 PM

but it was something other toys r us' didnt have. I Hope they have another flagship store. it was an international tourist destination I meant. this is not like a toys rus closing in some suburb in a city where you can get to another in 10 minutes, I loved it having all that stuff like the ferris wheel, T rex, Barbie doll house and candy and ice cream shops.

Ok could it be that flagship stores just dont pay?

It's a shame that nearly everything from the Times Square Toys "R" Us was scrapped. Why couldn't Toys "R" Us moved the stuff from the Times Square location in storage until they can find a new location for a flagship store?  :(
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia