Toys "R" Us/Babies "R" Us/Kids "R" Us

Started by Caldor99, January 06, 2005, 01:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRU7536

hi caldor99, those two TRU's you took pics of, off I-95 . the first one is TRU of Norwalk and the second is of Milford. Milford has the funny looking star, that is when they first came out with it. The milford store is mad old and a little ghetto. I saw their breakroom, way old school TRU, looks really nice.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
QuoteOriginally posted by truviking05
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Whats with this sign?

It sats Toys "R" Us and then Kids "R" Us underneath it.

It means it was a combo store of both Toys R us and Kids R Us,:rolleyes:

truviking05

Hey Braldor...could you post the name of the site where you found that Toys R Us in East Haven, if you have it availible? I would really appreciate that ;)

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
hi caldor99, those two TRU's you took pics of, off I-95 . the first one is TRU of Norwalk and the second is of Milford. Milford has the funny looking star, that is when they first came out with it. The milford store is mad old and a little ghetto. I saw their breakroom, way old school TRU, looks really nice.

IS the milford on this TOys r us

: posted on 1/7/2005 at 10:45 PM    

and hears anouther one on I 95
Caldor1999 has attached this image:

IT does not look old to me (or at least it doesn?t, since the picture only shows the side) WHAT DID THE FRONT LOOK LIKE? I thought the funny looking star was new? Was the store old school looking? it was hard to tell.

Two Days ago I went to the TOYs r us in Swansea MAss. The store was big. Where it  says Toys R us was blue, instead of the old school brown, and under where it said Toys R
us was white, instead of the old school rainbow colors at the bottom, and it says Children's bargainland in whitelettering, intead of the old school orange. And where there is the exit of the store, it was yellow (It looked like it was repainted). IT looks like they had not changed the store by much. The store was right near the Swansea Mall. IT is store 7512.

This is the Toys r us in Milford CT Right??? It just does not look old. BY the way, I guess I will never see a TOys r us with brown again. A lot of them have been remodeled!!!! and they were thriving more when Child WOrld closed in 1992 and started to go down like in 1996 (When they introduced the stores with the blue and glass windows format). I saw the picture of the Toys r us in EAst HAven, I posted it remember? I guess the old looking Toys r us' are around NEW HAVEN (WHICH IS A NASTY AREA FROM WHAT I HEAR, BUT BRIDGEPORT IS WORSE!) and I saw a pictuer of the one in HAmden once and it is blue and has glass windows and the old articles of the new haven paper (you can find them on newslibrary) said it opened in late 1996.

d_fife

this is Toys r us in hamden, teh building way at the left end is Toys r us.

TRU7536

WALMART TO BUY OUT TOYS R US.  Walmart is going to buy out the whole Toys R Us company, just found out from my people! The announcement will be made sometime next week. Walmart will close all Toys  R Us and Babaies R Us stores. They wanted to "lessin" their competetion!

Jag67

Zayre88

The former Kids 'r" us (in the same building as Toys r us) in South Portland is now an Office Depot, the first in Maine.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
The former Kids 'r" us (in the same building as Toys r us) in South Portland is now an Office Depot, the first in Maine.

IT is also that way in NAshua NH, and other places, but the Kids r us in Manchester is still VACAnt, maybe becaues there is a STaples in the plaza.

d_fife

Today I went to a Toys r us in Warwick Ri today and it was huge and busy. IT was blue, had glass windows and the rest of the building was white. The store was 7501, this store must have been renovated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Which other store do you know looks like this?

Caldor1999

WALMART TO BUY OUT TOYS R US.  Walmart is going to buy out the whole Toys R Us company, just found out from my people! The announcement will be made sometime next week. Walmart will close all Toys  R Us and Babaies R Us stores. They wanted to "lessin" their competetion!

hmmm im not sure if i would beileve that were did u hear this info:rolleyes:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

I went to the one in Albany New york across from the COlonie CEnter mall. It was big and had the white design.

I saw a clerk with a name tag say working there since 1978, and I inquired that and she said the store opened in 78, and it got a facelift 10 years ago.

storehistoryguy

d_fife

This url

http://www.aacre.com/images/Summit%20Niagara%20Center/images/Summit%20Niagara%20Center%20photos.pdf

shows the images of the Toys r us in Niagara FAlls NY.

HEre is an immage of the one in REading, PA.

d_fife

this Toys r us is in downers grove Illionios.

d_fife

d_fife

guess Which Toys r us this is?

I have never been to it.

d_fife

d_fife

THIS IS THE TOYS R US IN CLAY NEW YORk, IT IS AN OLD SCHOOL TOYS R US AND I DISCOVERED IT OPENEd in 1988 or something like that and is 45,000 square feet. CLAY NEW YORK IS NEAR SYRACUSE

d_fife

this is the toys r us in Johnson City new york. johnson city is near binghamton.

d_fife

this is the toys r us in amherst ny, it is the buildign with a brown back. you can picture what the building will look like. IT opened I beleive 1987 and is 47,000 square feet.

d_fife

this toys r us is in cherry hill new jersey.

d_fife

this is the toys r us in union new jersey. it is the building on the way left on the north side of the plaza.

d_fife

this is the toys r us in west melbourne florida

d_fife

this is the Toys r us in warwick RI. it is 41,000 square feet and opened in the 70s and got remodeled in 1997.

d_fife

this toys r us is in north attleboro. it is 45,000 square feet and opened 1991.

d_fife

this toys r us is in clarksville tennesse.

d_fife

this toys r us is in santa fe new mexico

d_fife

tihs toys r us is in charlotte north carolina

d_fife

This Toys r us was in Plattsburg new york in this mall (Champlain Centre Mall) and opened in 1997 and closed in early 2002. The Toys r us was where Borders is and was 17,000 square feet. IT closed to make way for Borders. KB toys was across this Toys r us.