AMESFANCLUB
January 18, 2018, 01:46:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 69
  Print  
Author Topic: Toys "R" Us/Babies "R" Us/Kids "R" Us  (Read 158327 times)
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #1950 on: July 31, 2016, 02:26:51 PM »

It's also a shame that real-estate prices on large buildings like this in New York City are going up. While there are dozens of other Toys "R" Us locations in NYC, they weren't as flashy as this one was.

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1951 on: July 31, 2016, 05:57:22 PM »

It's also a shame that real-estate prices on large buildings like this in New York City are going up. While there are dozens of other Toys "R" Us locations in NYC, they weren't as flashy as this one was.

it should have made it as it was more than just a toy store, not just a run in the mill toy store. the ferris wheel you had to pay to get on and that so they should have maybe downsized the store to make the rent affordable!
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #1952 on: July 31, 2016, 10:43:06 PM »

it should have made it as it was more than just a toy store, not just a run in the mill toy store. the ferris wheel you had to pay to get on and that so they should have maybe downsized the store to make the rent affordable!
I agree. They should have relocated to a smaller location with enough room for the ferris wheel.

Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #1953 on: August 01, 2016, 04:26:25 AM »

I agree. They should have relocated to a smaller location with enough room for the ferris wheel.
There is no Toys "R" Us store in the world that is big enough for the Ferris wheel from the Times Square location unless Toys "R" Us opens up an amusement park!

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1954 on: August 01, 2016, 07:53:07 AM »

There is no Toys "R" Us store in the world that is big enough for the Ferris wheel from the Times Square location unless Toys "R" Us opens up an amusement park!

they dont they do that? I mean was that store should have been safe, they even used that store for marketing presentations.
busman_49
Level 2 Kinda-Amesy!

« Reply #1955 on: August 01, 2016, 10:49:06 AM »

they dont they do that? I mean was that store should have been safe, they even used that store for marketing presentations.

Nothing's safe in the retail world anymore...
danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1956 on: August 01, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »

that should have!!! and will Toy sr us have another flagship store?
Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #1957 on: August 01, 2016, 12:28:34 PM »

The odds of Toys "R" Us opening another flagship store is slim to none with the way the "brick and mortar" retail industry is going, no store is going to open up anymore flagship stores.

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1958 on: August 05, 2016, 11:43:51 AM »

The odds of Toys "R" Us opening another flagship store is slim to none with the way the "brick and mortar" retail industry is going, no store is going to open up anymore flagship stores.

why that was a glamorous one and I thought they vowed to seek one out. is that the end of birck and motor and are flagship stores bad or something?
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #1959 on: August 05, 2016, 04:52:45 PM »

why that was a glamorous one and I thought they vowed to seek one out. is that the end of birck and motor and are flagship stores bad or something?
Brick and mortar won't be going away anytime soon. We'll still see flagship stores, but they will be a rare breed of retail. At least New York still has their flagship Nintendo Store and Macy's Department store. Don't expect brick and mortar to be gone because of online retail. Online retail and brick and mortar retail can coexist. Some stores have a website-to-store feature that allows a person to purchase something online, and then pick it up when it arrives at your store.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:59:08 PM by ShopKoFan » Logged

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1960 on: August 16, 2016, 03:40:31 PM »

Brick and mortar won't be going away anytime soon. We'll still see flagship stores, but they will be a rare breed of retail. At least New York still has their flagship Nintendo Store and Macy's Department store. Don't expect brick and mortar to be gone because of online retail. Online retail and brick and mortar retail can coexist. Some stores have a website-to-store feature that allows a person to purchase something online, and then pick it up when it arrives at your store.

what of another flagship Toys r us in TImes square with a wow shopping experience?
Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #1961 on: August 20, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »

what of another flagship Toys r us in Times square with a wow shopping experience?

I don't think that Toys "R" Us is going to open up another store in Times Square.

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1962 on: August 21, 2016, 06:56:15 AM »

what of another flagship Toys r us in Times square with a wow shopping experience?

I don't think that Toys "R" Us is going to open up another store in Times Square.

why and I Thought they vowed they would
Pikapower
Ames 4 Lyfer!

I'm a Kids "R" Us kid!

« Reply #1963 on: August 21, 2016, 08:05:10 AM »

High rent that is why Toys "R" Us closed their Times Square store in the first place!

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1964 on: August 22, 2016, 01:01:20 PM »

High rent that is why Toys "R" Us closed their Times Square store in the first place!

I know that as it went from 12 to 50 m rent but finding a new liocation is what could be done! it was even busy at 4 am near xmas there I heard.
retailisking
Expert Member

« Reply #1965 on: October 05, 2016, 10:05:48 AM »

http://fortune.com/2016/10/04/toys-r-us-sells-fao-schwarz/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:10:53 PM by retailisking » Logged
XISMZERO
Sub-Administrators
Expert Member

« Reply #1966 on: October 25, 2016, 09:25:51 AM »

Still old-school as far as the colors and rainbow stripes...

Entrance panel has been replaced for a "Welcome" panel along with the building signage. No more Kids R Us branding on the store's roof.

This leaves only a handful with original elements/signs and the like. I visited the Montgomery, AL store back in May and it was gloriously trapped in time still!

Thanks to Wendy Lopez, who submitted a picture on Google Maps.

All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr
Patrick Boots CEC

« Reply #1967 on: October 25, 2016, 03:48:25 PM »

[Side note]Nick is Back! I binge-read the entire blog of yours. Big fan.[/side note]
dmx10101

« Reply #1968 on: November 09, 2016, 06:38:33 PM »

Toys R Us is testing a new, smaller store format..http://www.ocregister.com/articles/store-734254-stores-toys.html

Kmart/Sears Forever
All things Kmart blog-
http://www.kmartworld.com
danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1969 on: December 17, 2016, 01:27:30 PM »

Ok when they said Toy sr us could return to Manhattan how and what?

and if that s ever said it wont look like it did in the past what do they mean?

Do Flagship stores not work or something?
ShopKoFan
Expert Member

Knows ShopKo too well.

« Reply #1970 on: December 19, 2016, 04:46:06 PM »

Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue have flagship stores that work.

danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1971 on: December 19, 2016, 07:13:10 PM »

Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue have flagship stores that work.

why didnt Toys r us. they should in the future. it had many many many many shoppers. Flagship stores are part of a chains advertising.
standa

« Reply #1972 on: December 20, 2016, 08:50:46 AM »

I was very surprised to see that ToysRUs appears to be returning to the Hamden Mart, in the same spot it closed years ago. I wonder if it is true or if someone wrote the wrong thing on the site plan.
See link

http://properties.kimcorealty.com/properties/0500/
danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1973 on: December 20, 2016, 09:02:14 AM »

I was very surprised to see that ToysRUs appears to be returning to the Hamden Mart, in the same spot it closed years ago. I wonder if it is true or if someone wrote the wrong thing on the site plan.
See link

likely wrong one, the current one is 3 miles way. what was the EAST HAVEN one like?
standa

« Reply #1974 on: December 20, 2016, 12:17:34 PM »

See link

likely wrong one, the current one is 3 miles way. what was the EAST HAVEN one like?

The East Haven one had the old dark brown look.
danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1975 on: December 20, 2016, 12:55:31 PM »

See link

what made it close? when did it?
standa

« Reply #1976 on: December 20, 2016, 01:23:35 PM »

See link

I think it closed in the late 1990s, probably because the building was in a bad shape. It was next to a Bradlees that closed in the mid 1990s I think. I remember those buildings had very "hilly" floors because they were poorly built on top of filled wetlands. Now CarMax is built on that site.
danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1977 on: December 20, 2016, 04:19:24 PM »

See link

I think it closed in the late 1990s, probably because the building was in a bad shape. It was next to a Bradlees that closed in the mid 1990s I think. I remember those buildings had very "hilly" floors because they were poorly built on top of filled wetlands. Now CarMax is built on that site.

whats bad shape? wow. and what was the Bradlees like?
danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1978 on: January 04, 2017, 02:47:23 PM »

how does the one in Bangor do?
danfifepsu
AmesNERD Offical

« Reply #1979 on: January 18, 2017, 07:27:20 AM »

whats this mean Toys R us said  "number of important initiatives planned"
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 69
  Print  

Jump to: