Chappells

Started by powersbt, August 26, 2006, 04:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersbt

Mikey1972 mentioned the Department Store chain in another post somewhere. I know it was based in the Syracuse NY area, with one store being in the former PennCan Mall, and one up near Watertown?? Correct me if I'm wrong Mikey. Anyone have any information or photos of when Chappells was Chappells?? I do have a Christmas Commercial of Chappells from '86, but that's about all I have and being on a VHS tape, it doesn't help out much here as far as sharing it.

Appreciate it!!

mikey1972

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt
Mikey1972 mentioned the Department Store chain in another post somewhere. I know it was based in the Syracuse NY area, with one store being in the former PennCan Mall, and one up near Watertown?? Correct me if I'm wrong Mikey. Anyone have any information or photos of when Chappells was Chappells?? I do have a Christmas Commercial of Chappells from '86, but that's about all I have and being on a VHS tape, it doesn't help out much here as far as sharing it.

Appreciate it!!

No, you're absolutely right.  :yup:   Chappell's was based in the Syracuse area.  Up here in the North Country, there were two stores, one in Watertown's Salmon Run Mall and the other in Massena's St. Lawrence Centre.  When Chappell's went out (I think from bankruptcy), both stores (as well as several others) were taken over by the Bon-Ton chain.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of either store.:(

amesman

I believe there was one at Shoppingtown Mall. Am I correct on this?

powersbt

Actually, I'm not sure. Apparently, there were more of them than I realized. I didn't know that they were outside of Syracuse until the other day. Guess I'll have to do some homework on this, and see what I can dig up.

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
I believe there was one at Shoppingtown Mall. Am I correct on this?

amesman

ok. Let me know of your findings. I could be wrong, but I do know there was a Bon Ton at Shoppingtown that was not an original tenant. Could have also been Addis and Deys..

shakethis1234

Chappels store in shoppingtown mall then bon ton took it over but the owner of Chappels is the mall manager of shoppingtown mall

shakethis1234

Addis and Deys was in penn can mall

Ames303

Quote from: shakethis1234 on August 27, 2006, 10:05:04 PM
Addis and Deys was in penn can mall

Nope. There was a Chappells in Penn Can Mall, it was the last anchor store built. Then it was torn down and replaced with a Caldor. It was in the southeast wing. If there was an Addis and Deys it was most likely in the middle of the mall because the three "first" anchors on the ends were Sears, Hills (built in 83), and Chappells (built in 86 or so).

The Chappells relocated from Northern Lights Plaza; the space was most recently a Media Play.