Main Menu

Meijer

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on May 16, 2017, 10:42:32 PM
The wait is over: Meijer store in Howard now open

Jeff Bollier , USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin Published 10:07 a.m. CT May 16, 2017 | Updated 5 hours ago

QuoteHOWARD - Audrey Nowak found herself standing inside a little bit of home Tuesday morning.

Nowak, director of the Bay Port Orchestra and a Grand Rapids, Michigan native, helped her hometown retailer, Meijer, open its newest store, at 2015 Shawano Ave. Nowak said she remembered shopping â€" or at least cooling off on hot summer days â€" inside Meijer's first superstore, the Thrifty Acres in Grand Rapids.

"All of it means so much. It was the definition of my childhood," Nowak said. "This is 45 years later and I'm conducting an orchestra in front of the Thrifty Acres Meijer guy (logo). I was really excited for a piece of home to come to Howard. It's a thrill to see it here."

Planning for the 192,000-square-foot store began almost two years ago. It delivers an anchor store around which Howard can build, Village President Burt McIntyre said.

Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt noted the store has added 280 jobs to the region.

Meijer marked the opening with a $25,000 donation to the Northeast Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Alliance as well as smaller contributions to Howard Elementary School for technology upgrades, and the Boys and Girls Club of Green Bay.

The store combines general merchandise, grocery, pharmacy, bakery and garden supplies under one roof. In addition, the store also includes a Starbucks cafe and Great Clips hair salon. The company has scheduled a series of events such a community picnic May 20, an appearance by Green Bay Packers Coach Mike McCarthy May 24 and an ice cream social on June 2.

Meijer also opened a location in West Bend on Tuesday. The company now has eight stores in Wisconsin and 230 locations across a six-state area.

Meijer Inc. Chairman Hank Meijer said the company will continue to develop locations throughout northeastern Wisconsin, including another store in the  Green Bay area.

"This store is emblematic of the best store we know how to build. It's the standard we set for ourselves," Meijer said. "We will continue to actively look for another location in the Green Bay area and beyond in Wisconsin. We've found our greatest successes in small- and mid-sized markets like Green Bay, Appleton, Fond du Lac and Sheboygan. They're all places we can open a store and make a difference in peoples' lives."

I went there yesterday and its on the rotary . it still says NOW OPEN.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 01, 2017, 10:32:46 PM

Jeff Bollier , USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin Published 10:07 a.m. CT May 16, 2017 | Updated 5 hours ago

QuoteHOWARD - Audrey Nowak found herself standing inside a little bit of home Tuesday morning.

Nowak, director of the Bay Port Orchestra and a Grand Rapids, Michigan native, helped her hometown retailer, Meijer, open its newest store, at 2015 Shawano Ave. Nowak said she remembered shopping — or at least cooling off on hot summer days — inside Meijer's first superstore, the Thrifty Acres in Grand Rapids.

"All of it means so much. It was the definition of my childhood," Nowak said. "This is 45 years later and I'm conducting an orchestra in front of the Thrifty Acres Meijer guy (logo). I was really excited for a piece of home to come to Howard. It's a thrill to see it here."

Planning for the 192,000-square-foot store began almost two years ago. It delivers an anchor store around which Howard can build, Village President Burt McIntyre said.

Meijer marked the opening with a $25,000 donation to the Northeast Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Alliance as well as smaller contributions to Howard Elementary School for technology upgrades, and the Boys and Girls Club of Green Bay.

The store combines general merchandise, grocery, pharmacy, bakery and garden supplies under one roof. In addition, the store also includes a Starbucks cafe and Great Clips hair salon. The company has scheduled a series of events such a community picnic May 20, an appearance by Green Bay Packers Coach Mike McCarthy May 24 and an ice cream social on June 2.

Meijer also opened a location in West Bend on Tuesday. The company now has eight stores in Wisconsin and 230 locations across a six-state area.

Meijer Inc. Chairman Hank Meijer said the company will continue to develop locations throughout northeastern Wisconsin, including another store in the  Green Bay area.

"This store is emblematic of the best store we know how to build. It's the standard we set for ourselves," Meijer said. "We will continue to actively look for another location in the Green Bay area and beyond in Wisconsin. We've found our greatest successes in small- and mid-sized markets like Green Bay, Appleton, Fond du Lac and Sheboygan. They're all places we can open a store and make a difference in peoples' lives."

I live nearby, in an apartment complex. I have been a regular shopper there since a week after it opened on May 16. The reason why the signs are still up, is so that they can get the message across to everyone. They are also still airing Meijer commercials on local TV stations and radio stations in my market that are doing the same thing. I also see ads for my local Meijer store on the Internet as well.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 02, 2017, 01:29:34 AM

Nowak, director of the Bay Port Orchestra and a Grand Rapids, Michigan native, helped her hometown retailer, Meijer, open its newest store, at 2015 Shawano Ave. Nowak said she remembered shopping â€" or at least cooling off on hot summer days â€" inside Meijer's first superstore, the Thrifty Acres in Grand Rapids.

I live nearby, in an apartment complex. I have been a regular shopper there since a week after it opened on May 16. The reason why the signs are still up, is so that they can get the message across to everyone. They are also still airing Meijer commercials on local TV stations and radio stations in my market that are doing the same thing. I also see ads for my local Meijer store on the Internet as well.

what ones are next to open.

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 03, 2017, 12:18:47 AM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 02, 2017, 01:29:34 AM

what ones are next to open.
Meijer only concentrates on one market at a time. We'll see what will happen next.

danfifepsu

Just whatll happen w the Minnesotta plans as I LOVE THAT IDEA.

zonemad96

I just visited a Meijer for the first time the other day and other then the look of the store it doesn't remind me of Walmart. In the tools department they sell tekton tools which are higher quality then what Walmart has, and the shoes are all name brand and full price instead of being cheap store brands like Walmart or Target.

Quote from: zonemad96 on July 24, 2017, 08:34:12 AM
I just visited a Meijer for the first time the other day and other then the look of the store it doesn't remind me of Walmart. In the tools department they sell tekton tools which are higher quality then what Walmart has, and the shoes are all name brand and full price instead of being cheap store brands like Walmart or Target.
They also carry locally-sourced products, which vary from location to location.

TheFugitive

Quote from: zonemad96 on July 24, 2017, 08:34:12 AM

They also carry locally-sourced products, which vary from location to location.

As locally sourced products typically do.  ;)

danfifepsu

what of MEijer in the TWin cities in Minesotta?

The Meijer in Grand Chute (Appleton), Wisconsin caught fire during construction:
http://fox11online.com/news/local/gas-leak-causes-small-explosion-at-upcoming-grand-chute-meijer-store

The store is still scheduled to open in 2018.

danfifepsu

what of the Minnesotta stores?

JJBers

Quote from: ShopKoFan on December 20, 2017, 10:29:31 PM
The Meijer in Grand Chute (Appleton), Wisconsin caught fire during construction:
http://fox11online.com/news/local/gas-leak-causes-small-explosion-at-upcoming-grand-chute-meijer-store

That isn't opening in this half of 2018 anymore.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

danfifepsu

Quote from: JJBers on January 09, 2018, 07:31:27 PM

what?

Quote from: danfifepsu on January 09, 2018, 08:59:58 PM

what?
Not until spring, according to the FOX 11 News article.

JJBers

Quote from: ShopKoFan on January 09, 2018, 09:03:36 PM

what?
I meant that since the fire happened, I thought it would delay the store quite a bit, and yes I did read the article.
My Flickr

In the backcountry of Connecticut (aka Willimantic)

danfifepsu

Quote from: JJBers on January 09, 2018, 09:42:46 PM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on January 09, 2018, 09:03:36 PM

what of the MN ones?

what?
I meant that since the fire happened, I thought it would delay the store quite a bit, and yes I did read the article.

danfifepsu

still nothing of Minneapolis plans

The Meijer in Grand Chute (Appleton), Wisconsin opens May 17.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on April 23, 2018, 02:45:27 PM

I bet it will be busy! and what other sports in Wisconsin will Meijer open? still nothing of Minnesota stores, are are they down the road?

Quote from: danfifepsu on April 23, 2018, 03:52:18 PM

I bet it will be busy! and what other sports in Wisconsin will Meijer open? still nothing of Minnesota stores, are are they down the road?
Howard, Wisconsin (Green Bay)
Grand Chute, Wisconsin (Appleton)
West Bend, Wisconsin
Grafton, Wisconsin
Pewaukee, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)
Waukesha, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)
Greenfield, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)
Oak Creek, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)
Kenosha, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)

They have yet to reach the Madison suburbs, Janesville, LaCrosse and Eau Claire before reaching the Twin Cities suburbs and Duluth/Superior.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on April 24, 2018, 01:34:05 AM
Quote from: danfifepsu on April 23, 2018, 03:52:18 PM

Howard, Wisconsin (Green Bay)
Grand Chute, Wisconsin (Appleton)
West Bend, Wisconsin
Grafton, Wisconsin
Pewaukee, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)
Waukesha, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)
Greenfield, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)
Oak Creek, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)
Kenosha, Wisconsin (Milwaukee Metro)

They have yet to reach the Madison suburbs, Janesville, LaCrosse and Eau Claire before reaching the Twin Cities suburbs and Duluth/Superior.
maybe the Twin Cities are 2 to 4 yrs out

Kimberly-Clark creates tallest bath tissue pyramid inside new Meijer store

by FOX 11 News

A Guinness World Records adjudicator confirms volunteers have built the tallest bath tissue pyramid at the Meijer store in Grand Chute, May 24, 2018. (WLUK)
http://fox11online.com/news/local/gallery/kimberly-clark-hopes-to-create-tallest-bath-tissue-pyramid-inside-new-meijer-store

GRAND CHUTE (WLUK) -- In honor of the first Meijer store recently opening in the Fox Valley, a Neenah-based company broke a Guinness World Record using thousands of rolls of toilet paper.

Kimberly-Clark set up shop inside Grand Chute's Meijer store Wednesday morning to create the tallest bath tissue pyramid.

Fourteen volunteers used 25,585 toilet paper rolls supplied by Kimberly-Clark to build the 14 feet and 3.75 inches tall pyramid in ten hours.

The pyramid weights 11,257 pounds, which is approximately two elephants. If the rolls were stacked on top of another, it would be 8,741 feet tall, three times taller than the world's tallest building.

The previous Guinness World Record was set in Brazil in 2012 with 23,821 toilet paper rolls, standing 13 feet and 5 inches tall.

The pyramid will remain on display through Thursday. Greener Vision Recycling will pick up the rolls and all will be recycled.

The monetary value of the rolls will be donated to St. Joseph's Food Pantry in Menasha.

The Michigan-based retailer opened its doors in Grand Chute last week.

danfifepsu

Anything on The Minnesotta stores?

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 17, 2018, 07:29:31 AM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 17, 2018, 04:29:02 AM
Quote from: danfifepsu on July 16, 2018, 03:47:48 PM
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/could-meijer-open-new-stores-in-twin-cities/25133072

that was in 2016, or is that way down the road (like 2021, 2022 ish?)
There hasn't been any new news on Meijer about their plans for Minnesota. I do not know when they'll open there. Right now, they seem to be focused on opening stores in their existing markets. New stores will be planned for Wisconsin and Illinois, but so far, not Minnesota.

danfifepsu

Quote from: ShopKoFan on July 20, 2018, 01:29:49 PM
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/could-meijer-open-new-stores-in-twin-cities/25133072

There hasn't been any new news on Meijer about their plans for Minnesota. I do not know when they'll open there. Right now, they seem to be focused on opening stores in their existing markets. New stores will be planned for Wisconsin and Illinois, but so far, not Minnesota.

will it happen? and I recall now they said back in 2016 "throttelled back" and will focus on Cleveland first (that entry is in 2019), and bought land they mentioned in that article in a Minneapolis Suburb Brooklyn Park. I HOPE IT HAPPENS!!

Nothing also is mentioned of North Canton Ohio stores.

BillyGr

Quote from: danfifepsu on July 20, 2018, 04:24:01 PM

will it happen? and I recall now they said back in 2016 "throttelled back" and will focus on Cleveland first (that entry is in 2019), and bought land they mentioned in that article in a Minneapolis Suburb Brooklyn Park. I HOPE IT HAPPENS!!

Most likely, North Canton would be part of the Cleveland group when that occurs, since it's not that far away?

danfifepsu

Quote from: BillyGr on July 20, 2018, 05:19:10 PM
Quote from: danfifepsu on July 20, 2018, 04:24:01 PM

Most likely, North Canton would be part of the Cleveland group when that occurs, since it's not that far away?

nothing has been mentioned of North Canton a few yrs.

I HOPE THE MINNEAPOLIS ONES happen! but they may be like 2021 / 2022 ish

I know just about as much about it as you do, so we are going to have to wait for any further news or announcements...